Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 92

Author Topic: BYOR 16: Game Over. Mafia 2 Wins.  (Read 47733 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Day 1 - 50% Dystopian Chaos Pizza Time Hat Tyrant Dio [15 / 15]
« Reply #720 on: April 20, 2023, 01:16:16 pm »

Lenglon, the pool of reluctant voters near end of day always has scum in. The pool 12 hours to the end of day was Fal, KW, Egan, Juicebox. Let's set aside the masons. What remains are two good candidates.

Juicebox has been very low key. Actually rereading his earlier posts, they're not all bad. But he's got some self-consciousness about voting that's a red flag.

Mostly I want to bully him into making more votes and content.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: April 20, 2023, 01:24:09 pm »

EuchreJack, ‘cause I should really be voting for someone I think is scum at this point.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: April 20, 2023, 01:29:02 pm »

Here’s the one PFP I am able to squeeze in

Very torn on the Mason situation. While I totally see the logic of lynching lucky Egan over active Fallacy, I still think his case is worse.  If it comes to lynching one of them, I wouldn’t be terribly upset over either if that is the case. Fallacy is scummy but lynching a claimed mason D1 feels bad.

As far as the others, I’d be fine with Knightwing and slightly less fine but still okay with EuchreJack.

Egan you left off something important; is Fallacy confirmed town to you?  Are you inspection immune?  Have you seen his role PM?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: April 20, 2023, 01:49:06 pm »

Damn, I was just about sure to vote Fallacy.

So….

what now?
Posing a read list is always a good idea as the day ends.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: April 20, 2023, 01:59:08 pm »

I don’t think EuchreJack’s votes on me are independently placed. And I don’t want to be executed if I can avoid it, since I don’t want to leave my masonmate alone / deprive the town of my presence.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: April 20, 2023, 02:06:38 pm »

All right, I thought it over. I townread Egan, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, Fallacy. Anything can happen in a webadict game.

I've never survived long in a game with scum EuchreJack (and I tend to check out after dying), but I reread some of the two games I know about, and I have to agree that he's acting like that. I'm down with removing a suspicious double-voter as a priority. EuchreJack. This is probably the last time I move my vote.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: April 20, 2023, 02:11:18 pm »

I think FoU/Egan_BW needs to be solved in some way or another so if it's not going to be at the end of Day 1 then it needs to be during Night 2, but my expectation is that the night game results will not be informative and will only be misleading. For me, at least, Day 2 is going to be difficult but it will be much more difficult without the clarity of FoU/Egan_BW being solved.

Not feeling great about an EJ lynch (or KW or Fluffe9911 or other low activity player) but I don't see a circumstance where I do anything to stop those from happening. Lynching lurkers is disappointing but viable.

Juicebox has been very low key. Actually rereading his earlier posts, they're not all bad. But he's got some self-consciousness about voting that's a red flag.

Not feeling juicebox. I agree that he's low key but I think his activity is decent and his posts are fine.

Damn, I was just about sure to vote Fallacy.

So….

what now?

You still can!

thumbsupemoji
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: April 20, 2023, 02:21:31 pm »

Now can the conspiracy theory that I faked being masons in order to kill a townie, cease?
Complaining about conspiracy theories in a game about conspiracy may not necessarily be scummy, but it's incredibly obnoxious.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: April 20, 2023, 02:38:47 pm »

As earlier reported, I'm okay with a EuchreJack elimination  but I'm waiting to see a few more chime in before EOD.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: April 20, 2023, 02:41:14 pm »

Holy Jack wagon. Unvote I'm still at work and want to be home for day end.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: April 20, 2023, 03:37:54 pm »

Unvote. I want to see something.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: April 20, 2023, 03:50:14 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> EuchreJack     --5-- Lenglon*, TricMagic*, hector13*, FallacyofUrist*, Fluffe9911*,
-> FallacyofUrist --5-- Jim Groovester*, Toaster*, A_Curious_Cat*, EuchreJack*, EuchreJack*,
juicebox          --1-- notquitethere*,
Toaster           --1-- Knightwing64*,
A_Curious_Cat     --0--
Egan_BW           --0--
Fluffe9911        --0--
hector13          --0--
Jim Groovester    --0--
Knightwing64      --0--
Lenglon           --0--
Maximum Spin      --0--
notquitethere     --0--
ToonyMan          --0--
TricMagic         --0--
No One            --0--

Not Voting        --4-- Egan_BW*, juicebox*, Maximum Spin*, ToonyMan*,

9 to Hammer. Day ends on April 20, 2023 at 19:00 Central Daylight Time (3 hours and 6 minutes remaining.)

NOTE: In the event of a tie, the Mafia chooses the execution target.
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: April 20, 2023, 04:11:53 pm »

I'm not sure how likely it is, but I'm vibing a scum team of Jim/Max/EJ/Tric, loosely in that order of how confident I am. Maybe Max first, and Tric only exists in the team because of Jim pushing woeful meta arguments about FoU and Tric, and Max supporting them for some as yet unknown reason, 'cause I cannot fathom a world in which he genuinely buys what Jim is selling here. Associative reads ftw.

Getting into the last 24 hours of the day so... I guess I'd be cool with a Jim/Max/EJ elimination.

Toony instead of Tric? That would be quite the team :|

Maybe reading too much into that unvote, but according to the last Mamobo update before this, Toony was the second of EJ’s two votes,  the biggest wagon was FoU with six and seemed destined to be the one taking us to day end…
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: April 20, 2023, 04:17:16 pm »

Sadly I'm not even read up on the thread, so I can't make a case, but Fallacy is Confirmed for me and there's 3 hours, so EuchreJack.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: April 20, 2023, 04:19:06 pm »

Maybe reading too much into that unvote, but according to the last Mamobo update before this, Toony was the second of EJ’s two votes,  the biggest wagon was FoU with six and seemed destined to be the one taking us to day end…
At least as for my unvote, I'm not letting it sit like that to day end, but I wanted to see something.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 92