Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 92

Author Topic: BYOR 16: Game Over. Mafia 2 Wins.  (Read 47557 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Day 1 - Error Found While Loading Flavor - Requires Reboot
« Reply #255 on: April 17, 2023, 08:44:08 pm »

I'm trying to be just a tiny bit more cooperative.
It's a little eyebrow raising, but you also haven't been a fake open book.
I've genuinely been wanting to try to be more helpful, and it's not my fault I kept rolling mafia while doing it! It worked out in the latest Paranormal and web's Supernatural, right? Well, I wasn't exactly town in Supernatural, either.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Fluffy. Not impressed with his effort either.
I'm not really seeing a difference between this game and his previous one though.
Agreed.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 17, 2023, 08:46:42 pm »

Okay, back on desktop, real keyboard acquired.  Let's find some scum.

Unvote.  Silly Mamobo.

Fallacy:
Can you do me a flavor and confirm that you are, right now, absolutely definitely 100% unquestionable beyond the shadow of a doubt, town right now?

Yes.

Any attempt to confirm that mechanically will probably fail horribly, in all honesty. But yes.

Thanks!  That's fine.  I'm slightly willing to forgive you for not saying so immediately... this time.

Maximum Spin:
As a matter of fact, inspection doesn't work properly on me either, for reasons that may become clearer when we get the flavor.

You're awfully late to bring this up, though.  Sus.

TricMagic:
And I have not been counterclaimed.

You always pick hats.  Do you honestly expect anyone would counterclaim you?

Nin. Hector, you should know better, I never outright say what my alignment is. That would be lying. And I'm an honest lier. (I'm n)Yeah, can't even type that without a straight face. Can we not get into tricks and whorls, it's just going to go down the drain. Right now I'm just typing what I think.

This feels like a weird stance to take.

Egan:  I appreciate your transparency, but is it truly helpful to post your full notebook in practically every post?

ToonyMan:
One comment: I have not shitpost in this game.

Work on it.  We expect more.

Gonna post this for now so people can reply; going back in to dig and confirm if I'm actually going to vote for Tric.  Really feeling it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 17, 2023, 08:50:16 pm »

Voting Tric looks like a potentially reasonable option.

Basically, what we're trying to figure out here is if he's substantially varying from his town baseline. Given how much Tric projects, that's much easier done than for say, Toony. I'd be willing to vote Tric later if a reread of his posts makes me feel like he's scum. Or malevolent third party, though I'd prefer to vote for scum. Chasing third parties too far is a fallacy (rip me).

And Max doesn't feel particularly town, except that's exactly what I felt the last few times I tried to read him, too. There's always this level of detachment which is hard to parse things through.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 17, 2023, 08:57:57 pm »

Town
Tric - "Web forgot to PM me my role"
Curious Cat - "what is FoS?"

Townlean
Egan - they're keeping a sketchbook, a sketchbook! effort town points
NQT - is busy but I'm willing to believe the posts they've done are genuine, I also fully believe they submitted town as prefered alignment
Max - seems to want to help, claims uninspectable but they always do this
juicebox - seems to be trying like Egan but maybe not as convincing, I get townie vibes
Fluffe - I've never seen as mafia, they are acting just like they have in the other two games I've played with them on D1 though
Knightwing - has no idea what is going on

Neutral
Jim - lazy, need more than their first post (which I liked)
Jack - don't have a strong read, he's been pretty aloof, I need some emotion and excitement and passion
Lenglon - don't know, I forgot they did a lot of roleplaying in Web's other game and it was really easy to read them in that game but they also immediately claimed third-party in that game as well

Suspicious
Hector - showing a lot of effort, but it's Hector and I've been tricked constantly by him
Toaster - same boat as Hector
FoU - at odds with Max, also claims uninspectable like with Max, I believe them less

Thoughts:

I don't like Hector's attack of Jack.

I don't like Toaster and FoU's attack of Tric.

I'm more confident Tric is town (or not mafia) than Jack, so I find FoU and Toaster more suspect than Hector currently.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 17, 2023, 09:01:54 pm »

Well, I don't really have to follow your schedule, but also... I was hoping we'd get the flavor sooner. *cough*

FoU - at odds with Max, also claims uninspectable like with Max, I believe them less
In the spirit of full fairness, he also always does this.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 17, 2023, 09:10:20 pm »

Catching criticism for not playing mafia in the middle of my work day only makes me want to play this game less and Noita more.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 17, 2023, 09:11:05 pm »

also... I was hoping we'd get the flavor sooner. *cough*
Working on it.  I have 59 pages of my Google Doc (but like... only 20 of it really matters, amirite?) currently and many people asking many questions, and I needed a nap after work, but I'll get something up shortly.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 17, 2023, 09:13:04 pm »

I just realized that webadict fixed the 'mass claim of night actions easily roots out scum suspects' thing.

The AP system means that we can no longer assume that just because someone performed an action, that they didn't also do something else, such as the mafiakill, or that roleblock that hit you on Night 2.

The OP states that the mkill only costs 1 AP, too.

This doesn't mean that night action analysis is useless, but it sure isn't as effective as it was before.

That's kinda important, by which I mean very important. Puts more emphasis on the day game too, which I like.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 17, 2023, 09:14:30 pm »

Catching criticism for not playing mafia in the middle of my work day only makes me want to play this game less and Noita more.
Sorry, I think that game where we won by you totally checking out on purpose may have put an end to your carefree days. Everyone's going to be looking out for you now.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 17, 2023, 09:18:29 pm »

That isn't my intention. I should have said "busy with work like other people I mentioned", but I couldn't stop myself from saying the L word.

Toaster for trying to find an excuse to vote someone who isn't mafia.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 17, 2023, 09:19:33 pm »

ToonyMan:

"they always do this"

Wait, what?  You're gonna need to elaborate that one for me.

Max:
Well, I don't really have to follow your schedule, but also... I was hoping we'd get the flavor sooner. *cough*

In the spirit of full fairness, he also always does this.

You too, sir.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 17, 2023, 09:21:38 pm »

That isn't my intention. I should have said "busy with work like other people I mentioned", but I couldn't stop myself from saying the L word.
Sorry.

ToonyMan:
"they always do this"

Wait, what?  You're gonna need to elaborate that one for me.
Max likes to claim miller even when he's not and even when he's town.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 17, 2023, 09:31:12 pm »

Sorry, I think that game where we won by you totally checking out on purpose may have put an end to your carefree days. Everyone's going to be looking out for you now.

That was pretty funny, but that was also Christmas Eve.

Sorry.

It's okay, ToonyMan.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 17, 2023, 09:33:42 pm »

I’ll also say that if you lynch me you’ll be losing a great ally for the town.
So your alignment is town-ally?

If you consider being town "town-ally", then yes, I guess you could say that.

@Egan:    Considering that I'm new to Mafia and don't really know how to scumhunt, what would be the best way to go about doing so?

@Lenglon:  Can you give me a really good reason why I should unvote you, or should I keep my vote as it is for the time being?

@Jim Grooovester:  What are your thoughts concerning my signature?

Also, can anyone tell me what "PPE" means?  I've looked it up on the mafia-scum wiki, but I can't seem to find it.

Also, what does "TP" mean?  I can't seem to find that either...
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 17, 2023, 09:38:53 pm »

Also, can anyone tell me what "PPE" means?  I've looked it up on the mafia-scum wiki, but I can't seem to find it.
I have no idea what it stands for but people use it when they add something after hitting 'preview' or 'post' and seeing new posts. It's a forum thing, not a mafia thing.

Also, what does "TP" mean?  I can't seem to find that either...
Third party. That's a mafia thing.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 92