Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 92

Author Topic: BYOR 16: Game Over. Mafia 2 Wins.  (Read 47691 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Day 1 - Error Found While Loading Flavor - Requires Reboot
« Reply #225 on: April 17, 2023, 04:52:57 pm »

Egan [...]: what do you think is going to be the best way to find scum on D1? What do you think is the best way to find town on D1?
Try my best to pay attention to all the people around evenly. I don't have much practice so I need all the help I can get to not get overwhelmed by all the people. That's why I'm going to take notes this time. I'll also be reposting those notes with each post so that people can see.
This way might not be as effective as trying to keep hush hush who I trust or suspect, but as stated I still have to learn how to play this darn game. And it'll probably be helpful for other people to read me as well. Hopefully.

Also Jim said that clearing people will be hard this game and Jim is smart so he's probably right.

Egan: Are you wearing cat ears?
How dare you my ears are real. :3

Fluffy: Almost all of these questions I'm asking are useless and stupid. Which one is the worst and which one is the closest to actually being worth something and why?
I'll answer this one too because you can't stop me. The worst is the one you asked me because you're Hatfishing. The best is this question, because you're getting a less experienced player more engaged.

RVS is garbage. However, much like democracy, it's better than the alternatives by a long shot.

We did try skipping RVS that one time. Had a Night 0 and everything.

That didn't work out so well.
Agreed. Though I do think that night 0 could work if the abilities usable during it were more constrained and designed. I'd like to try a [setup] type power some time.

Lenglon is obvscum. I used my one-shot infallible nuclear awesome day-alignment inspect no-failure-possible ability on her and she's mafia. Everyone vote Lenglon now or I will break your legs.
Break them, buddy.

FallacyofUrist: How do you propose I should feel about you being immune to alignment inspections? Also Gate of Dreams (update) when?

Jim Groovester: If you're still an inexperienced noob then we should totally eliminate you first, right?

Spoiler: the fuck is this, egan (click to show/hide)
Fake news.

I’ll also say that if you lynch me you’ll be losing a great ally for the town.
So your alignment is town-ally?

Tricmagic: Are you a dastardly Hat Tyrant out to steal our hats? Why shouldn't we eliminate you first to avoid this contingency?

Good stuff Toony, but probably Fallacy and Lenglon aren't both on the same team.
How you figure? Could they not be in a chat together and playing around?

Toonyman: Who do you think is likely to have chosen Town as their preferred alignment? I ask you because Spin hates answering such questions D1. (Dang it, hector asked you before I did. Oh well.)

Like seriously I’m not that good. Am I?
Now I don't know what I'm doing, but I don't see any problems with your play!

Gonna keep track of you feckers in a spoiler because there's too many of you.
Spoiler: scratchbook (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 17, 2023, 04:55:31 pm »

Well, there's my big mega-post. Sorry for being a slow reader.
Nobody suspected me. Sad!

The point of keeping notes was to keep me from losing interest and just skimming while I was getting caught up, but I didn't fully succeed. Might have to think and refine some of these "reads" more.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 17, 2023, 04:59:40 pm »

Cause I'm 100% Not MafiaToonyMan/Approved!

A vote for me doesn't tell you anything I don't even know what the different hats are. You just want to keep your hat, don't you?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 17, 2023, 05:05:26 pm »

You would absolutely pick Hat Tyrant as your role. And that makes you a threat to the very game!
But fine. We can hunt the Mafia and let them kill Tric for us, because Tric is a threat to them too.

Which I'll do just as soon as I've gotten a chance to interact and think about who isn't hunting, I guess.

Disappointed in myself for how many people I just noted their first post and then ignored them. Bah.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 17, 2023, 05:06:19 pm »

The problem word in there is “yet”. You’ve intimated from the start you’ll vote with them, which mirrors your behaviour in previous games in which you sheep the same three players, and have done nothing to give me confidence you won’t do the same here.

On that token, you’ve voted juicebox, not pressured them. It’s clearly a RVS thing with nothing behind it. They’re not even a quarter of the way to being hammered with your votes.

You’re voting someone who hasn’t contributed yet, this is a reasonable move, but you’ve not given them anything to actually come to the game for. Ask a question, at the very least. Your vote let’s someone know you have your eye in them, but the motivation behind it let’s everyone else know what your thought process is and through that your alignment.

Atm I could accuse you of active-lurking and you’d have no defense. You have twice as many votes as everyone else. You don’t have to put twice the effort in to get good use out of them, but I want to see you put some effort in to actually using them so I know those votes are actually going to be used for the town’s benefit.

PPE: I was going to eventually move on to voting Egan because one of their scumtells is absence but they appear to have made a post, and they’re giving an evolving reads list with every post it looks like? Colour me impressed. I haven’t actually read them yet but that’s looking like a pretty good start on the surface.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 17, 2023, 05:21:31 pm »

EBWOP

The above part (before the PPE) was in response to this:

EJ good job on completely ignoring me pointing out the flaws in your gameplan.

Continuing on from above re:D1 lynches, another good argument for a D1 lynch is getting rid of someone who isn’t going to put any effort in to help town. You’ve indicated an unwillingness to do that by saying you’ll sheep either of two players you think are good - which you do in every game to be perfectly honest, I honestly don’t see the point in you continuing to play mafia if you have no interest in actually playing mafia but whatever - while simultaneously doing zero to actually get a solid read on those two players.

This is a big game; assuming you’re town, a D1 mislynch is going to be much less harmful than in the size of games we’ve been having of late. You know your alignment for suresies, so allowing someone else to basically take your voice when you don’t know their alignment is… utter madness and frustrating beyond description. Alternatively, if you’re scum we get rid of a significant issue of you having more sway than everyone else, which is a problem that only gets worse the longer the games goes on and you still live. The latter is makes a lot of sense if one or both of Toony or Jim are your partner(s), because you lose nothing by giving away your voice to someone you know for suresies is in your team.

Give me one good reason why we shouldn’t get rid of you when your only inclination appears to be Jim or Toony’s sock-puppet.
Because I'm not sheeping either of them, yet.
In fact, Jim is voting someone else.
And furthermore, I'm using my double-vote to put pressure on juicebox.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 17, 2023, 05:27:27 pm »

PPE: I was going to eventually move on to voting Egan because one of their scumtells is absence but they appear to have made a post, and they’re giving an evolving reads list with every post it looks like? Colour me impressed. I haven’t actually read them yet but that’s looking like a pretty good start on the surface.

Hope it's helpful. I'll try not to disappoint you, sir!

Hector: Please pressure me anyway I'm going to be lost without people talking to me directly. D:

Notes changed = yes (my last three posts had just copied them over)
if scumhunt=idk that means I forgor and need to check :v

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 17, 2023, 05:41:45 pm »

The problem with pressuring you is I like what you’re doing :p so I’m disinclined to do it.

According to your list, though, you have 8 players you’re not sure about, if I’m assuming correctly that white is a null-tell, and the list is ordered town at the top and scum at the bottom. I’m also assuming “scumhunt=x” to mean whether or not you should look into them more. You should be trying to refine the white reads a bit better, so scumhunt=yes on all of them, probably in priority of who you think is most likely to be scum.

Tric might well be TP, but I don’t necessarily think hat hunting would make him anti-town… either way, you shouldn’t be voting for a TP, at this point, and it’s too early in the day to be voting someone as an elimination, and figuring out the scum team should take precedence over TPs. Use your vote to pressure people until the last 24 hours or so of the day before starting to build cases on the people you want to see gone.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 17, 2023, 05:54:11 pm »

Oh no, sorry, scumhunt=yes means I think that person is scumhunting.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 17, 2023, 05:58:46 pm »

I'm very much taking note of all these posts.

Go ahead Mafia. Shoot me. Make my day. Won't change the fact that you've wasted the shot.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 17, 2023, 06:07:47 pm »

I certainly have more work to do in regards to sorting more players into cyan or orange but now I am tired of mafia and will do it later.

Notes changed = no
Spoiler: key (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 17, 2023, 06:16:25 pm »

Posting pretty much the same readlist 3 times does not endere me to you Egan_BW, it's like you're trying to cement it in people's minds.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 17, 2023, 06:20:45 pm »

Is that an OMGUS or do you just not understand what I'm doing? The persistent notes are as much for me as everyone else. I wouldn't mind some note-checking, though.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 17, 2023, 06:26:03 pm »

FallacyofUrist: How do you propose I should feel about you being immune to alignment inspections? Also Gate of Dreams (update) when?
Generally players with passive 'screw inspection' effects are town, at least in the Bay 12 meta. I see millers a lot more often than godfathers. However, webadict is fully willing to mix it up.

I propose you pay more attention to me and consider using non-alignment investigative abilities if you're concerned.

Gate of Dreams less often now that this game's started, but I'll still try to get to it every few days. No more month long hiatuses.

I'm very much taking note of all these posts.

Go ahead Mafia. Shoot me. Make my day. Won't change the fact that you've wasted the shot.
So much aggro. This feels like 30 degrees askew from normal TricMagic. That's like, pi/6 radians.

@Lenglon What was the point of those questions earlier anyway? Do ya think they would actually help catch mafia or was it just shitposting?
You know, something can be shitposting and help catch scum. Here and now, it's all about generating data.

I should probably change my vote, though.

The thing about Maximum Spin is that I really struggle to read him. So I'm going to give that a try, for practice, and then probably unvote him later because the execution target is always decided in the last six hours of the Day.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 17, 2023, 06:37:09 pm »

Been having issues with my computer all week, but of course when I take it in to the shop its works just fine. ::)

Guess I'll just get myself caught up now
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 92