Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Plunderers of the black Necropolis. A multi player adventure (6/6)  (Read 6604 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Plunderers of the black Necropolis. A multi player adventure (6/6)
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2023, 01:24:28 am »

"Damn it I think the bastard bent my sword!"
See if the bend in my sword is fixable then start looting.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2023, 01:57:37 am »

Loot the room. Make sure to grab the best piece again.

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
  • The vulture on your shoulder
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2023, 07:06:38 am »

What i'm not worried about are the cultists, but rather the woman on the table turning out to be some monster in disguise. However, weighing the options, i'm willing to take that risk, because if i'm wrong i will have let an innocent person be sacrificed by cultists. With that decision made, it's time to think of tactics.

If i rush in head first, i'll be surrounded. If i attempt to perform the standard doorway choke maneuver, i fear i'll give them the time to perform their vile sacrifice. Therefore, i need to advance into the room.

As such i feel that this(X) is the best position to advance to, as it will expose me to least angles of attack while allowing me to threaten the squares on that side of the altar. Having a shield and armor should provide adequate protection from any stray dagger hits. Not to mention, their weapons are shorter, giving me a distinct advantage.

Advance to X and begin stabbing cultists with my sword.
Freedom is not a spectrum.
Put me in chains, or stop telling me what to do.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2023, 08:06:02 pm »

Exit through that other, closeder door into this room, and head around looking for the other guy that was with me.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2023, 09:52:44 pm »

If i don't hear from BlackPaladin99 in the next a day or so we'll move on without them.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2023, 01:21:01 am »

BlackPaladin99 seems to be doing this quit a bit recently.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2023, 05:18:07 am »

He's always been sort of an unreliable, even back in the game ran by Unraveller.
We're also waiting for him in Singing Constellation thread. For you too though, Funk.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2023, 07:41:15 pm »

try to get patched up while my friends finish the last one.  after that, I take my swords and see if I can loot any occult shit from this and the clerical rooms, and, if there are no enemies in the main room, I loot that too.  if there are, I kind of survey the situation. 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2023, 01:23:58 am »

He's always been sort of an unreliable, even back in the game ran by Unraveller.
We're also waiting for him in Singing Constellation thread. For you too though, Funk.
i know that im bad, it more about giveing him fair warning that he'll be skipped.
Not that they will be now they have updated.

"Fight me!"

Cast aside my weapon and engage the last cultist in glorious hand-to-hand. Or just kill him if he's too much of a coward to fight.

"Fight me!" you roar as you throw down your staff.
"yeld! mercy!" he cry's out to no avail.
you grab him with both hands an lift him up over your head before slaming him down on your knee.
With a crack that echo's across the room his spine shatters.

"Damn it I think the bastard bent my sword!"
See if the bend in my sword is fixable then start looting.
Pulling the sword free the steel springs back with an audible twang.

Looking around the room you find the remains of a dice game, and collect the scattered coins from the floor.
(+25GP)

Loot the room. Make sure to grab the best piece again.
Opening a chest you find a pair of shoes, a plain dagger and a small purse of coins.
(+10GP)

try to get patched up while my friends finish the last one.  after that, I take my swords and see if I can loot any occult shit from this and the clerical rooms, and, if there are no enemies in the main room, I loot that too.  if there are, I kind of survey the situation. 

You take a moment to bandage your wounds before you join in with there looting.
While the other purely focused on coin you take care to collect the missed occult items, small pendants of bone an a tattered scroll.

What i'm not worried about are the cultists, but rather the woman on the table turning out to be some monster in disguise. However, weighing the options, i'm willing to take that risk, because if i'm wrong i will have let an innocent person be sacrificed by cultists. With that decision made, it's time to think of tactics.

If i rush in head first, i'll be surrounded. If i attempt to perform the standard doorway choke maneuver, i fear i'll give them the time to perform their vile sacrifice. Therefore, i need to advance into the room.

As such i feel that this(X) is the best position to advance to, as it will expose me to least angles of attack while allowing me to threaten the squares on that side of the altar. Having a shield and armor should provide adequate protection from any stray dagger hits. Not to mention, their weapons are shorter, giving me a distinct advantage.

Advance to X and begin stabbing cultists with my sword.

You rush in to the room and dive behind pillar, before the cultists can reach, you strike at the high priest.
(Rolls basic hero's 1d8 = 1 1d6 = 2.)
As the steel of sword flash out one of the cultist all but throw him self at your blade.
It cost him his leg but it cost you that attack.

(Rolls basic hero's 1d8 vs cultists 1d6 -1)
You duck back as cultist thrust at you, his dagger chipping stone from the pillar.
Then you parry one a swing with your shield and slip under a second wild dagger slash.
(Rolling 1d6 - 1, ( 5 ) + -1 = 4 , 1d8 = 6)

With the pillar in front of you an the small alter to the side, your relatively able to keep most of the cultists back for now.

Exit through that other, closer door into this room, and head around looking for the other guy that was with me.
As you exit the room you hear a shout "Kill the intruder!", rushing in to the room you find the other guy.
His back is to the wall as a trio of cultists jab at him like a pack of dogs baiting a bear.

With your great sword in hand you charge to his aid.
(Rolls basic hero's 1d8 = 7 1d6 = 4)
The cultist bends backward from your blow a moment to late and your sword slice his nose from his face.
As the lump of flash and bone falls the floor, unblinking the cultist try's to stab you but comes up short as you weave aside from the blow.

--------
Maps
--------
Spoiler: Guard Room (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Main Hall (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Large Map (click to show/hide)

---------
Sheets
---------

Spoiler: crazyabe,  Rufarus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: King Zultan , Bob (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Egan_BW, Jurg (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Strif3, Erman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Party loot (click to show/hide)

[/quote]

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2023, 01:43:25 am »

Head into the room with the beds and see if there's anything left to loot in there.

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2023, 03:07:14 am »

Keep fighting the cultists, while slowly trying to advance toward the altar.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 30, 2023, 08:52:44 am »

Nothing to fight here. Go north until I find something to kill.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2023, 04:16:52 pm »

go to the room with the beds, grabbing occulty stuff.  then I go help the dude fighting cultists. 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2023, 03:24:14 pm »

Following the others, make sure to throw an axe into the heart of the obvious evil cultist hiding on top of the altar, pretending to be tied up!

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2023, 03:42:14 pm »

Following the others, make sure to throw an axe into the heart of the obvious evil cultist hiding on top of the altar, pretending to be tied up!
How about you attempt to confirm that first, before killing a potentially innocent person? And even if you're right, but you miss your one shot, we'll have another, potentially elite, foe to deal with. So maybe wait until we've dealt with the rest of the cultists in this room first?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9