Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 143

Author Topic: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0  (Read 103175 times)

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0
« Reply #1860 on: February 20, 2024, 01:27:41 am »

10 years of war... I forgot how peace feels. I have no hope left to live long enough to see it again. It is something for the next generations... should we survive.

My biggest hope is to live long enough to witness war coming to Moscow be it a civil war, someone's nuke, or an invasion of brain-eating aliens
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: February 20, 2024, 01:56:32 am »

Ten years? Honestly, it looks like instead of angrily posting on forums you could happily live out your last, because you have no concerns in the world beyond someone, somewhere waging a war.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: February 20, 2024, 03:15:43 am »

Not cool.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: February 20, 2024, 03:46:19 am »

Ten years? Honestly, it looks like instead of angrily posting on forums you could happily live out your last, because you have no concerns in the world beyond someone, somewhere waging a war.
*scratches his head in confusion* This one is a weird judgment of my character

Yes ten, exactly ten. With the last two being especially... intense. Or did you want to say that If I am not in a trench somewhere I am not exactly at war? It isn't how it works.

Also, that message has like zero anger in it. I am just... so tired of this bloody bullshit. Not that I am somehow unique. After all, there are many places in the world that know no peace for far longer than a decade and had it worse than Ukraine. Even past generations of Ukrainians had it much worse (but it is ongoing, we may reach their level soon...)

Or maybe you found anger in my desire to see war in Moscow? I think you misunderstand something. I have no need to wish war in Moscow, I am sure that it is coming one way or another. Logic of history dictates (at least how I see it) that, a society like the current Russian one can't end in any other way but with a bloody war that will either transform it or destroy it. I wish to witness the beginning of it.

As for your brilliant "just relax and enjoy the rest of your life." suggestion. It is not as easy as you think. But your assumption that I "have no concerns in the world beyond someone, somewhere waging a war" is so amusingly groundless. I am enjoying what I have and a gloomy vision of the future makes you value what you still have more, not less.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: February 20, 2024, 05:29:05 am »

Speaking of anger
 https://twitter.com/saintjavelin/status/1759885040501006373

This crap does make me angry. It looks designed to make Ukrainians angry playing on certain elements of Ukrainian culture. It reeks of Russian-funded provocation...

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: February 20, 2024, 06:38:28 am »

https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/russian-offensive-campaign-assessment-february-14-2024

The Ukrainian Main Military Intelligence Directorate (GUR) reported on February 15 that unspecified Russian actors have started the active phase of the “Perun” information operation aimed at promoting pro-Kremlin positions in foreign media.[98] The GUR reported that Russia plans promote pro-Russian positions on the war in Ukraine through foreign journalists, media personalities, and bloggers.

EDIT: I didn't read what was in the twitter link. What I posted above is an observation in general of something I read previously in the ISW series.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 06:53:55 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: February 20, 2024, 08:40:09 am »

Within a day of being created, Yulia Navalnaya's X account has been suspended. It has been replaced with a message saying the account violated X's rules.

EDIT: X now says the suspension was an error of the automatic defense system of the platform. The account has been unsuspended.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 10:13:26 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: February 20, 2024, 10:58:19 am »

EDIT: X now says the suspension was an error of the automatic defense system of the platform. The account has been unsuspended.
And I'm the queen of Bhutan.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: February 20, 2024, 12:54:25 pm »

A brand new account that gets a huge number of subscriptions from Russia should be suspicious for an automated system.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: February 20, 2024, 02:54:47 pm »

And I'm the queen of Bhutan.

Your majesty *bows*
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: February 21, 2024, 02:55:59 am »

US-Russian dual citizen arrested for treason, accused of collecting funds for Ukraine 

Seriously, if you managed to flee Russia don't ever come back.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: February 21, 2024, 05:16:46 am »

The Russian helicopter pilot that deserted and flew his helicopter to Ukraine has been murdered in Spain. His body waas found by his ex-wife, riddled with bullets.

Even if you do flee Russia, get a new identity and an new life, keep looking over your shoulders.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: February 21, 2024, 05:46:34 am »

Yeah that's why I gave up resistance (not that I did anything notable really...)

I want to remain a nobody, so that when I leave they won't clap me.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: February 21, 2024, 10:03:02 am »

DUBAI, Feb 21 (Reuters) - Iran has provided Russia with a large number of powerful surface-to-surface ballistic missiles, six sources told Reuters, deepening the military cooperation between the two U.S.-sanctioned countries.

Iran's provision of around 400 missiles includes many from the Fateh-110 family of short-range ballistic weapons, such as the Zolfaghar, three Iranian sources said. This road-mobile missile is capable of striking targets at a distance of between 300 and 700 km

Wonderful...

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: February 21, 2024, 10:26:57 am »

Iran do what America don't. Fuck Trump's republicans.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 143