Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 159

Author Topic: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0  (Read 210634 times)

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0
« Reply #1140 on: July 21, 2023, 08:47:17 am »

Igor Girkin (aka Strelkov) was arrested today for "extremism". He had a great option of fleeing to Hague and getting a comfortable prison cell... Instead, he'll get a cell in a Russian prison or worse.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: July 21, 2023, 10:43:07 am »

Well, he's been ramping up the anti-Putin rhetoric as of late. Either he finally crossed some paper pusher's line, or whomever was his patron and protector lost influence in the power structure reshuffling that seems to have ensued after Prigozin's stunt.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: July 21, 2023, 02:56:06 pm »

Igor Girkin (aka Strelkov) was arrested today for "extremism". He had a great option of fleeing to Hague and getting a comfortable prison cell... Instead, he'll get a cell in a Russian prison or worse.
Indeed he should have gone to the Hague. Free Playstation in your prison cell, play chess with Milosevic, Mladic and other mini-Hitlers all day, or at least with those that didn't die and decompose in their cells yet. Great times.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: July 21, 2023, 02:58:21 pm »

Meanwhile in Ukraine, it is becoming more and more obvious that Putin really hates black people (we knew that already, Russia has 300 thousand black people on a population of 140 million, and those black people know that they are in for a world of pain and assault if they leave their Russian black people zoo.) Maybe he doesn't hate black people as much as American police officers do, but he is getting close.
They have bombed so much grain now in Odessa, that a lot of extra Africans will die of hunger this year

UN warns that Russia cancelling the grain deal will lead to millions of deaths of hunger worldwide just this year...

EDIT: I will never forget. Back in the late '90s, when I was still in university, there where still pretty good academic relations with Russia. Quite a lot of Dutch students went to Russia for foreign student exchange projects. However, black people were strongly disadvised by university to go to Russia, and made to sign papers that the Dutch universities were not responisble if they were raped, tortured and/or killed in Russia if they decided to go there anyways despite of negative advise. The only thing they could tell them if they did go was "DON'T LEAVE UNIVERSITY CAMPUS. YOU WILL BE ASSUALTED BY EXTREME RIGHT PATROLS. POLICE WILL STAND THERE, POINT, AND LAUGH. Do not go to Russia if you are a person of colour."
« Last Edit: July 21, 2023, 03:18:10 pm by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #1144 on: July 21, 2023, 03:41:56 pm »

The war became 20% more boring... What will I do without his legendary shitposts ? The man who very publicly told Putin to "Shut up, just shut up" will be missed after his unforseen prison suicide.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1145 on: July 21, 2023, 11:25:51 pm »

The war became 20% more boring... What will I do without his legendary shitposts ? The man who very publicly told Putin to "Shut up, just shut up" will be missed after his unforseen prison suicide.
Don't worry bros Putin is stepping up to fill the shitpost void by claiming Poland will invade Belarus and Ukraine to revive the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth

“It is well known that they also dream of the Belarusian lands,” he said, also without providing any evidence.
Source: i made it the fuck up

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: July 22, 2023, 02:27:38 am »

I was under the impression that Putin's favorite hobby was making shit up, then killing people over it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #1147 on: July 22, 2023, 02:30:14 am »

Not only people, now he started a war on wheat, striking enemy targets in Odessa, making him not only a war criminal, but also a cereal killer.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: July 22, 2023, 05:25:12 am »

but also a cereal killer.
"Hello, is that The Hague? I'd like to report a joke-crime."...thatImayhavemademyself,justdidn'tonthisoccasion

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: July 22, 2023, 07:21:55 am »

Don't worry bros Putin is stepping up to fill the shitpost void by claiming Poland will invade Belarus and Ukraine to revive the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth
This isn't ramping shit up. The narrative has been in play since day one of the invasion, if not earlier. It's 'well known' >in Russia<, because the propaganda has been hammering it in for so long that everyone has heard it by now.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: July 22, 2023, 11:48:33 pm »

I dunno, it seems centralized. There is much more Poland in various nonsense pushed by Russian propaganda and trolls. There is nothing new but just more of it.

My favorite is that Poland is about to launch an invasion to reclaim Lviv and other pre-1939 territories
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: July 23, 2023, 05:08:27 am »

Ukraine on Reactive Armor: "I put that sh!t on everything!"
I like how it's even red like Frank's Hot Sauce in the memes as well.

To be perfectly fair, whenever other Europeans and Americans criticize, I think Ukraine can just look them straight in the eye and say "...and how many days have YOU been directly fighting a Conventional War this Millennium?"

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: July 24, 2023, 06:23:12 am »

According to British intelligence services, starting after this year's summer vacation, Russian children between age 10 and 12 will learn how to fly military drones, how to handle guns and how to handle grenades in school.
I guess Russia is either preparing for a long war (when those kids turn 18, 6 to 8 years from now), or preparing to use child soldiers.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: July 24, 2023, 06:56:34 am »

I guess Russia is either preparing for a long war (when those kids turn 18, 6 to 8 years from now), or preparing to use child soldiers.
There are other options. Most of what Russia says or does is information warfare. It's either/both aimed at the West to make them think what you wrote - that they are ready and willing to wage a protracted war - to undermine the support for continued military aid, or/and internally to consolidate the populace by hammering it in that they're waging an existential war and everybody's gotta do their part ('Military service guarantees citizenship. Do you want to know more?').

I dunno, it seems centralized. There is much more Poland in various nonsense pushed by Russian propaganda and trolls. There is nothing new but just more of it.

My favorite is that Poland is about to launch an invasion to reclaim Lviv and other pre-1939 territories
Fair enough. Even Lukashenka chimed in, rattling his Wagner sabre. Possibly to do with the approaching Polish parliamentary elections.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: July 24, 2023, 12:31:25 pm »

According to British intelligence services, starting after this year's summer vacation, Russian children between age 10 and 12 will learn how to fly military drones, how to handle guns and how to handle grenades in school.
Russia has had military preparedness lessons in schools for years. This is where the famous videos of kids learning how to quickly assemble AK-47s comes from. They've just updated the curriculum.

It's not substantially different from the mandatory military training some countries have, and frankly, if certain countries had had this over the last couple decades, the Ukraine war would look very different.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 159