Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 143

Author Topic: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0  (Read 103195 times)

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0
« Reply #945 on: June 28, 2023, 06:26:22 am »

Otherwise, in the westren media we emphasize reports of disillusioned elements with good reason, however I would be careful to make conclusions based on those, we are talking about people who fought with each other for years and prazosin isn't one to lead from behind, a great populist and still have his troll factories.

I need no Western Media. I can see the impact in the Russian segment of Internet. I also know the "moral code" of Russian convicts well enough to know that what Prigozhin did is despised in those circles. And no, not only the recent recruits care about this code. Prigozhin is a criminal who lives by that code to some degree(at least pretends to), all of Wagner is built on that code.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #946 on: June 28, 2023, 07:52:13 am »

Here's a short 2020 Luka's interview on Prigozhin, which may shed some light on their relationship.
So yeah. Luka is taking Prigozhin, not his Wagner friends.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: June 28, 2023, 12:29:51 pm »

Otherwise, in the westren media we emphasize reports of disillusioned elements with good reason, however I would be careful to make conclusions based on those, we are talking about people who fought with each other for years and prazosin isn't one to lead from behind, a great populist and still have his troll factories.

I need no Western Media. I can see the impact in the Russian segment of Internet. I also know the "moral code" of Russian convicts well enough to know that what Prigozhin did is despised in those circles. And no, not only the recent recruits care about this code. Prigozhin is a criminal who lives by that code to some degree(at least pretends to), all of Wagner is built on that code.

Even discounting excons, this is the kind of thing that would break the personal loyalty his mercs might or might not have for him.

You dont need prison culture to analyze this. Its basic human dynamics. Leadership goes both ways, and followers do expect certain things from their leaders. Prickozhin embarked his men in a coup attempt (which they *really* wanted to do themselves, but ostensibly he'd have been the main beneficiary) yet chickened out midway and ended up signing a shit deal that basicañly pleased noone. He basically showed himself as cowardly and disloyal, and as such he can't really expect to keep his liutenaunt's respect IMO
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: June 28, 2023, 01:06:26 pm »

And nothing says fun like a fractured, armed mercenary force that's lost confidence in its own leader.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: June 28, 2023, 01:31:22 pm »

I guess we will see in few month if this is wishful thinking or not

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: June 28, 2023, 01:37:52 pm »

General Surovikin is arrested for treason. This scum is covered in Syrian and Ukrainian blood from tip to toe. I hope he'll enjoy Russian prison, he deserves it way more than Hague.

Edit: actually unconfirmed.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2023, 02:10:29 pm by Strongpoint »
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: June 28, 2023, 01:55:20 pm »

According to CNN, Wagner is going to be disbanded and turn their hardware over to Russia.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: June 28, 2023, 02:55:54 pm »

General Surovikin is arrested for treason. This scum is covered in Syrian and Ukrainian blood from tip to toe. I hope he'll enjoy Russian prison, he deserves it way more than Hague.

Edit: actually unconfirmed.

You know, this would actually further prove Putin's weakness. I mean, arresting a general for failing to stop the coup while the coup organizer goes free? Lol

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #953 on: June 28, 2023, 03:28:01 pm »

Do we even know the true status or whereabout of Prigozhin at all? He could be just dead at this point.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: June 28, 2023, 04:02:23 pm »

Apparently a plane connected to him went to Minsk… then to St Petersburg.

I wasn’t all that interested in it though so no idea if he was actually on the flight(s).
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: June 28, 2023, 06:22:22 pm »

According to CNN, Wagner is going to be disbanded and turn their hardware over to Russia.
HA

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #956 on: June 28, 2023, 06:33:20 pm »

MoD: "Give me your equipment."
Wagner: "Okay. Have this."
MoD: "What is it?"
Wagner: "Is potato."
*Wagner walks away, 'potato' explodes*

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: June 29, 2023, 03:52:02 am »

I doubt the Wager guys are just gonna give up their guns, because if they do I have a feeling their next mission will be a bayonet charge.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: June 29, 2023, 06:35:50 am »

I doubt the Wager guys are just gonna give up their guns, because if they do I have a feeling their next mission will be a bayonet charge.

Strictly speaking, they merely want to take away tanks, mobile SAM, and MRLS. Stuff that no sane country will give to ANYONE but army units in the first place.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: June 29, 2023, 06:48:42 am »

In mother Russia, if you have been a good boy until you are 18, mom and dad will give you a driver's license and a car.
In mother Russia, if you ave been a bad boy until you are 18, you are in prison and Wagner will give you a tank, who cares about driver's license.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 143