Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 159

Author Topic: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0  (Read 208609 times)

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0
« Reply #300 on: April 28, 2023, 08:48:54 am »

Vladimir Putin has signed an executive order that will allow the Russian authorities to deport residents of Ukraine’s annexed territories who refuse Russian citizenship

Isn't it cute when you do war crimes openly with written public orders knowing that there will be no responsibility whatsoever?
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 28, 2023, 09:00:23 am »

Blergh. At this point, the man doesn't have much left to lose - he's already wanted by the ICC for, y'know, genocidal treatment of children.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 29, 2023, 01:19:04 am »

Even if the ICC got a hold of Putin I doubt they'd charge him with how everyone is so afraid of making Russia mad.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 29, 2023, 02:14:10 am »

The only way the ICC gets a hold of him is if he gets ousted and not tried and/or killed in Russia.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 29, 2023, 08:45:14 am »

The only way the ICC gets a hold of him is if he gets ousted and not tried and/or killed in Russia.
Yeah not happening. If he gets couped by the army, he will get killed. If the opposition gets it shit together and overthrows him... he will also get killed. (I know I would decapitate him personally.) There is no possible timeline where he sees the inside of a courtroom.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 29, 2023, 10:36:27 am »

https://twitter.com/MedvedevRussiaE/status/1652288155918188545

I love Medvedev's Twitter and appreciate his outright honesty (I remember how in the year 2008 Western Media celebrated a new progressive pro-Western young Russian president :D)

For anyone too lazy or disgusted to visit Musk's training wreck of a site, I'll quote it here:

I see no point in maintaining diplomatic relations with Poland. This state must not exist for us while there is no one but Russophobes in power and Ukraine is full of Polish mercenaries, who should be ruthlessly exterminated like stinky rats
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 29, 2023, 11:43:22 pm »

Deleted by Twitter. Too genocidal I suppose.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 30, 2023, 01:27:20 am »

Deleted by Twitter. Too genocidal I suppose.

Yep.  Quite an achievement to get that on Musk's edition of Twitter

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #308 on: April 30, 2023, 02:19:54 pm »

Yeah not happening. If he gets couped by the army, he will get killed. If the opposition gets it shit together and overthrows him... he will also get killed. (I know I would decapitate him personally.) There is no possible timeline where he sees the inside of a courtroom.

I guess he'd have to try to covertly flee Russia but be apprehended in transit or handed over by either the country he fled too? Then the choice would be to go to Hague or Russia...

Then again, in a "russian revolution" situation his options to flee are probably limited. The only country that he could be relatively certain wouldn't hand him over at that point is probably North Korea so...not like he has any good safe harbours to flee to. He has no truly 'loyalist' allies on the world stage from what I can tell, just countries whose goals can overlap with his goals or resources. Belarus is tied to Russia economically, Syria is still a power keg. China, Eritrea and North Korea are just anti-American not really pro-Russian. North Korea is the only place I can think of truly isolated enough to not hand him over. China maybe would, but they're always trying to walk a fine line that it'd complicate too much I think...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2023, 02:29:02 pm by MorleyDev »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 01, 2023, 03:33:31 am »

What's stop him fleeing to a third world country and hiding there, or would he probably not do that since he'd lose all his status and power?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 01, 2023, 04:19:14 am »

Crimea Fuel Depot on Fire, Russian-Held Towns Shelled in Ukraine
Russian Freight Train Derails After Hitting 'Explosive Device'
- tsk tsk yet all these clumsy smoking accidents

5 Russian Villages Without Power After Ukraine Shelling
- Is this is new sort of response? I keep wishing that Ukraine somehow able to create a new formula of response which would affect Russia more greatly.

Peskov Son’s Alleged Wagner Deployment Risks Backfiring for Kremlin
- more internal dissent is good.

Allegedly, Russia has a program to sabotage wind farms and communication cables in the North Sea. They utilized a fleet of disguised vessels carrying underwater surveillance equipment, mapping potential targets for sabotage should a conflict escalate.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65309687
Submarine rescue vessel SS-750 was photographed in Baltic four days before still-unexplained explosions [..] the ship is capable of carrying out such a sabotage.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/apr/28/russian-navy-vessel-seen-near-nord-stream-pipelines-days-before-blasts

- Interesting timing for these reports.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2023, 05:31:01 am by jipehog »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 01, 2023, 09:12:24 am »

South Africa has told Putin to not come to the BRICS meeting, because if he does they will have to arrest him and hand him over to the ICC.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 01, 2023, 09:29:10 am »

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/29/world/europe/ukraine-russia-counteroffensive.html

Nice article with a snapshot of the war on the Zaporizhzhia front

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 01, 2023, 03:59:28 pm »

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/29/world/europe/ukraine-russia-counteroffensive.html

Nice article with a snapshot of the war on the Zaporizhzhia front
Anything interesting on that front?

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 159