Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: There should be a instrument workshop that consolidates all the generated parts.  (Read 672 times)

miguelsz2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Instruments seem to be a bit messy to create even with work orders at the moment. It'd be nice if there was a single workshop that would list all possible parts into it.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmmm… I’m not sure that’s the best idea.  Maybe it’d be better if the interface for queuing up work orders gave you a categorized list of options that you could drill down through.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Instruments are confusing, but maybe that's part of the fun. They're like a puzzle to assemble.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm. Yeah I also like the puzzle they provide. Instruments are a luxury that your survival doesn't depend on. Once all your different industries are up and running, finding that you finally have the time to work out how to make them is nice. And it's not like you have to go off to the wiki to figure it out, the info is all there.

To be able to churn them out like rock pots from day one would be boring.

The ability to mod in a workshop like that, sure. Maybe a little bit more of a hint on where certain parts of an instrument are made would be handy. But not sure making it easier for the sake of it is a good idea.

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Confusing things like instruments often have specilized shops to consolidate all the work needed. Music shops exist all over for that reason so it seems like a pretty reasonable suggestion, and gives more potential ways for creatures to use musical abilities.

Maybe metal parts shouldn’t be produced there from bars, but traditional instruments are often made in a single location from various raw materials like wood, leather, etc. Really though, even if you also produced metal parts all in a musicians workshop it makes no less sense than what you do in most workshops now.

Dibbler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Luthiers Workshop?

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile

Hmmm… I’m not sure that’s the best idea.  Maybe it’d be better if the interface for queuing up work orders gave you a categorized list of options that you could drill down through.
I think that’s good too — they’re not mutually exclusive.
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment