Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Trade Depot access in Steam version?  (Read 4821 times)

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
Trade Depot access in Steam version?
« on: December 27, 2022, 12:03:57 pm »

Is there a hidden function to show access to Trade Depot in Steam version (as it is present in Classic Version)?

If not, maybe someone tried the exploit with wagon-only access (with ramps accessible by wagons only), which was possible in Classic version, and know if it works or not in the Steam version?

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
Re: Trade Depot access in Steam version?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2022, 03:24:27 pm »

Im pretty sure there is no way to see depot access at this moment. Havent tried any trade exploits.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2022, 03:51:33 pm »

Damn, a shame that is. The same as with lack of loo"k" command for tiles, I hope it is a temporary omission.

As for the pathing exploit, I will just have to wait for wagons, I made the path as it used to work, and will see.

One thing I already don't like with trade is the rebalanced (i.e. nerfed) values of some items. Trap components no longer will trade well in early forts, for example, and more importantly quality level multipliers add only 20% per level instead of 100% as it was. With these changes, there's no need for early wagon access anyway, I think :/

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2022, 05:03:45 pm »

It does help if you want a leather or silk for those annoying early moods, pad the food stores or wood for those glacial forts. Infact the first wagons are a godsend sometimes I feel. But not really if you embark on a place that has everything already.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2022, 09:43:54 pm »

Damn, a shame that is. The same as with lack of loo"k" command for tiles, I hope it is a temporary omission.

As for the pathing exploit, I will just have to wait for wagons, I made the path as it used to work, and will see.

One thing I already don't like with trade is the rebalanced (i.e. nerfed) values of some items. Trap components no longer will trade well in early forts, for example, and more importantly quality level multipliers add only 20% per level instead of 100% as it was. With these changes, there's no need for early wagon access anyway, I think :/

What I've been doing is gem cutting. The more valuable ones go for 1k per gem even with a novice worker, every fortress I've dug has provided enough just in the usual course of shaping rooms to buy what I need from 3 yearly caravans. That can sustain you quite readily until you get the meal or cloth spam up and running.

Re: the look function: it's still there, and in this case it's a pretty big improvement. Just hovering the mouse cursor over a tile will give you a popup with the traditional text list of items and creatures. If you click the tile it'll show you a window with the full detail card for the top item/creature and its contents if it has any, and at the top right edge of that window will be a set of clickable icon tabs for every other item and creature on the tile.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Justin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2022, 10:15:37 pm »

You won't get wagons until you have a baron. Read this on reddit.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2022, 12:36:03 pm »

Re: the look function: it's still there, and in this case it's a pretty big improvement. Just hovering the mouse cursor over a tile will give you a popup with the traditional text list of items and creatures. If you click the tile it'll show you a window with the full detail card for the top item/creature and its contents if it has any, and at the top right edge of that window will be a set of clickable icon tabs for every other item and creature on the tile.

Well, it seems that not all info is available, I was looking specifically for outside-inside or dark-light setting (to know whether I can plant there or if it will freeze, if the trick with uncovering and covering the farm site still works etc.). But I see the tabs, and they are useful. I cannot wait to see a siege with 100 gobbos in a single tile, one standing and the rest crawling. I wonder if the tabs will be usable then...

Heh, good to know. I play slowly, which means that I'll read about possible exploits working or not on this forum rather than learn by myself :)

voidOctopus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2023, 08:42:17 pm »

I don't know who said that but they were completely wrong I got plenty of wagons before getting a baron

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2023, 01:02:24 am »

They were confused. The baron is needed for the trade agreement.

Uggh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2023, 04:46:52 am »

Wrong or confused, there is something to it. In all of four (Steam) forts I did not get any wagons until I had a baron. While that might be a coincidence, there appears to be a similar condition for wagons as for being offered barony status.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2023, 04:59:31 am »

Do you have any human or elven neighbors ?

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2023, 07:21:24 pm »

I guess we're all confused, because I made a trade agreement when the liaison came with the first caravan - the fortress is still just an outpost with an expedition leader - they want tanned hides and crutches.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2023, 11:48:33 am »

I guess we're all confused, because I made a trade agreement when the liaison came with the first caravan - the fortress is still just an outpost with an expedition leader - they want tanned hides and crutches.

In previous versions of Dwarf Fortress, you can always make a trade agreement, except if you reject a barony offer.

Outposts which are not eligible can make agreements.
Baronies can make agreements.
Rebels cannot make agreements.  :P

nuget102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2023, 01:13:59 am »

The game gives you a message when you do accept a Barony that you'll then be getting wagons. You can always make trade agreements from the start, but no wagons until you have nobles
The fort where filth melts your skin! (updated 4/9/15)

Curiosity killed the cat.
Satisfaction brought it back.

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2023, 10:26:51 am »

Is there a hidden function to show access to Trade Depot in Steam version (as it is present in Classic Version)?

If not, maybe someone tried the exploit with wagon-only access (with ramps accessible by wagons only), which was possible in Classic version, and know if it works or not in the Steam version?

I have had the wagon-only access work in Steam version.  Once I figured out how to build it correctly again :p  And again...

On the other hand, at them moment I have no wagon access for some reason I can't sleuth out.  I took out the wagon-only access structure, and that was not the problem.  I am dreaming of the D command and fighting the temptation to return to the 47.x version.  Guess I can do some save-scumming and try different setups.
Pages: [1] 2