Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Farm plots not having any crops icons  (Read 1579 times)

MVladO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
New Farm plots not having any crops icons
« on: December 15, 2022, 09:14:01 am »

Hello,
I play steam version. My fort has 2 farm plots, one overground, one on one z level underground. Both working fine. I have attempted to build new ones but every one I make has no crops/seeds selection like the previous 2. Only potashing and leave fallow. I thought maybe I need to keep them resting for a season but it does not seem to work. An ideas what to do?

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Farm plots not having any crops icons
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2022, 11:01:33 pm »

I have not encountered this. my first thought is that you somehow built them in an incorrect biome, but your statement that the first two were successful has me questioning that thought.

perhaps some element of the farming interface has changed? I would try to re-build the farms elsewhere and see if the issue persists

Miuramir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2022, 08:42:50 pm »

Hello,
I play steam version. My fort has 2 farm plots, one overground, one on one z level underground. Both working fine. I have attempted to build new ones but every one I make has no crops/seeds selection like the previous 2. Only potashing and leave fallow. I thought maybe I need to keep them resting for a season but it does not seem to work. An ideas what to do?
Are the new plots in soil, mud, or muddied stone?  If outside, are they in a biome that has farmable plants (not Mountain)?  Have you had any bad crashes or other signs of save file corruption?  (This was a particular problem in the releases before 50.3)

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2022, 05:19:44 pm »

I had this happen, it was in teh wrong biome.  For me I had an area above ground that I could do farms (there were crops and trees there) and another area I couldn't have working farms (the rest).

If you could share a screenshot of the two crop locations above ground that might help.