Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: [Modding][Premium Dwarf Fortress][Steam Workshop](Done!) Raw Changes Superthread  (Read 22144 times)

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website

Yeah, the GO_TO tokens are old. They relate to where tokens are added, which was mostly relevant with COPY_TAGS_FROM before, but should now have some use with SELECT_CREATURE as well.

chipathingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does anyone know what the new material template tokens do? SCALE, FEATHER, MEAT_CATEGORY etc?
Author of Fantastic Fantasy Fortress (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=180748.0)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Does anyone know what the new material template tokens do? SCALE, FEATHER, MEAT_CATEGORY etc?

Material templates are materials, there's no actual real difference between the two--anyway.

In order, they are:

CARTILAGE FEATHER SCALE HAIR NERVOUS_TISSUE HOOF CHITIN ANTLER

These just set a flag in the material flags. Not sure if anything actually uses those, natch.

MEAT_CATEGORY is probably for graphics. These I'm less sure.

MC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So if I'm reading this correctly (and I didn't screw up my prior attempts in some other way) you can't SELECT and CUT creature variations the same as with other things? How exactly are you supposed to modify them then outside of straight up redefining every single creature individually? I guess that isn't too hard to do but god is that inefficient.
This is a terrible mod. All crashmanship is of the highest quality. This object is adorned with hanging rings of notification spam. This object menaces with spikes of llama wool. On the item is an image of a large oval dwarf flesh cabochan in elf bone. The artwork relates to the attack of an unknown creature on an unknown creature in a time before time. It was inevitable.

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
  • , who choked on [PRO_POS] own ambition!
    • View Profile

For now, you can just duplicate (and therefore overwrite) the file c_variation_default and hope that doesn't cause some errorlog. I've already asked about this in Future of the Fortress and hopefully we have a fix next month.

My mods are going to require the consumer to unload the creature folder until c_variation_ is fixed. I don't want any other sources of errorlogs. Creatures are just caught in the crossfire for now, even though we have select/cut options for creature files.
The Highfantasy Mod/Pack. Civs, Creatures, Systems, Balance.

Chariot

• Bay Watcher
  • Turtle Trainer
    • View Profile

The new skill token for the new Stone Carver job is CARVE_STONE, incase anyone wants to update their old masonry reactions.

Dunno why it isn't STONE_CARVER, but after that gave an error I just tried a bunch of variations until CARVE_STONE worked.

Trainzack

• Bay Watcher
  • The universe is, and we are.
    • View Profile

The wiki has been updated for 50.03, so we can finally place this learned wisdom into the wiki for future reference.

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
  • , who choked on [PRO_POS] own ambition!
    • View Profile

Thank goodness. We've documented a lot of f things like retired tags that throw errors.

FWIW I will not be updating the wiki personally with this... call out if you are doing so and tag this thread as your source if needed in changelogs. We put a lot of work into this.

Edit: one more new find - the file embark_profiles.txt is the last remaining file that must still be created/placed in the root folder. Its location is Dwarf Fortress -> Prefs. The syntax is unchanged, but keep in mind anything that has changed )such as ALCHEMY
« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 08:10:24 pm by kiiranaux »
The Highfantasy Mod/Pack. Civs, Creatures, Systems, Balance.

Bihlbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How do you find out what the tags are for the vanilla workshops? For instance, the Craftsdwarf workshop (CRAFTSMAN) has a category called "rock" but when trying to make a new reaction use [CATEGORY:rock] it creates a second "rock" category that doesn't contain the vanilla reactions.

I figured this was a good place to ask, since you lot have done some absolute wizardry that I haven't the foggiest idea how to accomplish.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

How do you find out what the tags are for the vanilla workshops? For instance, the Craftsdwarf workshop (CRAFTSMAN) has a category called "rock" but when trying to make a new reaction use [CATEGORY:rock] it creates a second "rock" category that doesn't contain the vanilla reactions.

I figured this was a good place to ask, since you lot have done some absolute wizardry that I haven't the foggiest idea how to accomplish.

The rock stuff you see in the vanilla workshop isn't reactions and therefore does not actually use a reaction category

Bihlbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The rock stuff you see in the vanilla workshop isn't reactions and therefore does not actually use a reaction category

Thank you. I'm guessing my other idea for a mod, which is to recategorize the Craftsdwarf workshop, isn't possible for that reason. For instance, I wanted to made a category called "mechanics & military" that pulled the training weapons, trap weapons, corkscrew, and pipe (etc) to a new category. But, that would require editing (or at least adding a tag to) all of those reactions. If they aren't reactions, no dice.

If you don't mind telling me how you learned that "The rock stuff you see in the vanilla workshop isn't reactions," I'd sure like to know. I'd rather be able to research things myself than having to ask loads of questions.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 12:30:01 am by Bihlbo »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

If you don't mind telling me how you learned that "The rock stuff you see in the vanilla workshop isn't reactions," I'd sure like to know. I'd rather be able to research things myself than having to ask loads of questions.

Every single reaction in vanilla is in vanilla/vanilla_reactions. Any workshop activity in the game that is not in those files is not a reaction

Bihlbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Every single reaction in vanilla is in vanilla/vanilla_reactions. Any workshop activity in the game that is not in those files is not a reaction

Well shoot, that's obvious enough that I should be embarrassed.  ;D :P

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there any explanation regarding the new CUT tags introduced in v50?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10