Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: [Modding][Premium Dwarf Fortress][Steam Workshop](Done!) Raw Changes Superthread  (Read 22094 times)

Man0warable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The info file worked thanks. Now I just have to figure out why my buildings are invisible.
Are they just invisible? Mine aren't there at all.

Yeah. They are invisible. The pawns still build it and it can be interacted with and used if you can find the square on the map.

I tried using the trade depot as the model for now, but it doesn't show up.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The graphics file ids are defined by tile_page_buildings.txt. Many building graphics consist of a base foundation graphic and an overlay. Also, all custom workshop ids must be prefixed by 'WORKSHOP_CUSTOM:' or 'WORKSHOP_CUSTOM_OVERLAY:' when defining graphics. If you are wanting to use the vanilla trade depot model, then this should work:
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 03:23:36 pm by Man0warable »

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile

just be aware that you cannot use Kitfox assets in released mods.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile

The ARCHITECT job and UNDEAD_CANDIDATE tag, as well as LAND_HOLDER_TRIGGER, have either been removed completely or disabled. Attempting to put them in entities results in the following errors:
Code: (errorlog snippet) [Select]
Unrecognized Unit Type Token: ARCHITECT
IBAM_NARKENSHA:Unrecognized Entity Token: UNDEAD_CANDIDATE
IBAM_NARKENSHA:Unrecognized Entity Token: LAND_HOLDER_TRIGGER
^ the above is a snippet from the errorlog the game generates for a mod of mine that I'm attempting to update.

Flying Teasets

• Bay Watcher
  • another nation, or a non-governmental entity
    • View Profile

The info file worked thanks. Now I just have to figure out why my buildings are invisible.

Yeah. They are invisible. The pawns still build it and it can be interacted with and used if you can find the square on the map.

The graphics file ids are defined by tile_page_buildings.txt. Many building graphics consist of a base foundation graphic and an overlay. Also, all custom workshop ids must be prefixed by 'WORKSHOP_CUSTOM:' or 'WORKSHOP_CUSTOM_OVERLAY:' when defining graphics. If you are wanting to use the vanilla trade depot model, then this should work:
Gonna try that and other things.

Can mods have multiple bylines yet?

Surely linking to the default graphics is allowed??
Flying Teasets is stricken by melancholy!

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Immortal-D on Today at 01:47:37 pm
From what I can see, the only raws available for workshops now is 'building_custom' found in 'vanilla buildings folder' with the soap maker and screw press.  However, all workshops have a block of text in the graphics file found in 'vanilla buildings graphics folder'.  Has anyone been able to add a new workshop?  I have also tried adding a simple reaction to an existing workshop, to no avail;

[REACTION:GEM_ARMORSTAND]
   [NAME:Make armorstand from 4 gems]
   [BUILDING:JEWELER:CUSTOM_A]
   [REAGENT:A:4:ROUGH:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:ARMORSTAND:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
   [SKILL:CUTGEM]

My buildings and reactions from the non steam version work, but my buildings are invisible.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 03:48:49 pm by brolol.404 »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Did you add something to tile_page_buildings.txt in vanilla_buildings_graphics/graphics, as well as sprites somewhere?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did you add something to tile_page_buildings.txt in vanilla_buildings_graphics/graphics, as well as sprites somewhere?
Hey Meph! Sorry, I didn't see the latest replies to my post. I am out now, but will test it out later and see if I can get it to work.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Awesome! This worked thanks! For some reason isn't showing the final graphical step (and shows the under construction graphic for the completed building), but it still works as a building and is visible.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website

the graphic token ADD_COLOR no longer works. It doesn't error out but it treats it as AS_IS now.

Learned this while porting Monsters Of Majesty to premium.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2898482156
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website

Gonna try that and other things.

Can mods have multiple bylines yet?

Surely linking to the default graphics is allowed??
I would be weirded out if it wasnt, especially for those who aren't art inclined, as long as you aren't actually copying the file and saying its yours, just setting it up  to use the vanilla art. (Eg by just having your creature use the vanilla asset links)
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Any idea how to unload vanilla stuff like Buildings, Items etc?

CUT_ENTITY seems to work, but not CUT_BUILDING, CUT_WORKSHOP or CUT_BUILDING_WORKSHOP.

I also can't seem to SELECT_ or CUT_ Material and Tissue templates, as well as bodies/body detail plans.

Any advice would be welcome, I don't want to force people to manually unload vanilla raws on worldgen.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 08:20:19 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

LOSE job:architect (???)

is there an official rule or statement on this? I looked through discord but found nothing

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What's the gist of bug 5105? (Bug tracker is down so can't check).
Just want to make sure my own critters don't have the same bug because I copied one of these at some point.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

LOSE job:architect (???)

is there an official rule or statement on this? I looked through discord but found nothing
There's a note in the raws somewhere that the graphics are copyrighted.
I mean, they're behind a paywall, it's not likely they'd just allow you to give them away for free to people who don't own the game.

Man0warable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any idea how to unload vanilla stuff like Buildings, Items etc?

CUT_ENTITY seems to work, but not CUT_BUILDING, CUT_WORKSHOP or CUT_BUILDING_WORKSHOP.

I also can't seem to SELECT_ or CUT_ Material and Tissue templates, as well as bodies.

Any advice would be welcome, I don't want to force people to manually unload vanilla raws on worldgen.
CUT and SELECT use the object type defined at the top of the file. So, with [OBJECT:ITEM] you would use [CUT_ITEM:XX]. Crucially, the item id is what comes after the last colon in the tag. Here is an example for removing picks from the game:

item_example.txt
Code: [Select]
item_example

[OBJECT:ITEM]

[CUT_ITEM:ITEM_WEAPON_PICK]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10