Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Abnormal Investigators - Turn 2 (6 / 6)  (Read 3487 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Abnormal Investigators - Turn 1 (6 / 6)
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2022, 02:30:48 am »

The pixel art is nice.

Tear up that business card. Treason should be met with death.

Stand immediately next to RAM and silently listen to their conversation.

Spoiler: Clem (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2022, 03:46:24 am »

"Weird gun probably should be concerned about it but I'm not."
Dig around in the trashcans for clues and valuable objects.
Spoiler: Burt (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2022, 05:35:37 am »

I keep getting 500 internal server error

What is thissssssss

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2022, 06:22:16 am »

I keep getting 500 internal server error

What is thissssssss
The forum is having issues just be calm and they'll go away at some point.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2022, 10:16:41 am »

"This gun.. feels right."
Head down the pathway deeper in the forest. Look for any trails that may have been left by a human.

Spoiler: Freischutz (click to show/hide)

I may end up only firing this gun once, but the 12 wounds it deals to whoever get hit by it will be worth it.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 10:36:54 am by VermilionSkies »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2022, 10:23:26 am »

((Meh, that's not even an instagib.))

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2022, 10:26:47 am »

((it does instantly kill anybody with 4 or less body, at least))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2022, 10:35:37 am »

((Imagine being so weak.))

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2022, 07:42:58 pm »

Turn 2

Alduiz + Clementine
grab rocks to use as a weapon.  idly listen in on the RAM conversation
Tear up that business card. Treason should be met with death.

Stand immediately next to RAM and silently listen to their conversation.

[Alduiz - Stealth:  6 | 1 → 6 + Clementine:  1] - As your team rolls into the park, Clementine immediately beelines it towards the food truck and R.A.M.  Several people scream in horror as it claws its way over to the group.  R.A.M. readies several weapons as Clementine approaches.

“Stop where you are, Abnormal!”  Clementine, confused, stops to spot the unseen Abnormal, which confuses R.A.M. as well.

“Ah, shit, it’s Clementine, again,” one of the rival investigators, a small slime-like man by the name of Gelato groans.  “You’re not even worth the bullets.  Could you pleeeeease tell your boss to call Leah already?”  Several of the other investigators seem to agree, and then kindly tell Clementine to fuck off already.  It does.  Sadly.

At the same time, Alduiz waits for Clementine to fuck off, searching for anything that might be a good weapon should things come to that.  His eyes hit something strange–A rock with some type of magical glyph on it.  It looks like it might be a little broken, but, given that he just lost a gun-wand, a magic rock is gonna be, like, the second best thing he’s gonna find today.  So, he picks it up.  [Magic:  6]  And then he falls over.

Kinda.

To anyone watching him (which is currently no one, since he was stealthily trying to listen in on a private conversation, and doing a fairly good job at it), they would think that Alduiz had just passed out.  To Alduiz, as he picks up the rock, he turns his attention to what he assumes is the leader of the R.A.M. group, only to find himself staring face-to-face with Gelato.

“Er, Captain,” Gelato says, moving his concerned attention to each of the man’s eyes.  “Are you doing alright?”

Alduiz, currently inhabiting the body of Captain Pierre Meyers of the Research Abnormality Megacorporation, takes a moment to consider his options.

Amon Eizenburg
(Is anybody else having their forum thinge say error a lot and makes you refresh?)

This… is suboptimal. I must remedy the situation.

Pull out my plot convenient engineering tools, whisper a little spell of haste and fix my WUZARD Robot.

After this, I attempt to put in my best non brain eating alien slug face to see what info the food truck owner has and try to engage in diplomacy.

[Engineering:  4] - You attempt to repair the little robot.  [Magic:  6]  You start with a haste spell, but it doesn’t fully register.  Smoke pours out from the sides.  You carefully pop open a side panel and look at the internal magicircuit.  Honestly, it looks like they’ve reversed a transistor for the magical grounding plate, so you fix that little mishap, and bingo bango, WUZARD is ready to tango!

The little robot does a calibration and signals a thank you in morse code.  It appears to no longer have a significant fault in it.

[Speech:  6]  As you walk past a few of the R.A.M. agents, who seem to be done with their questioning, you ask the food truck driver for some food, wondering what he has available.

He pauses.  “I dunno, like, tacos or something?”

You look at the name of the food truck.  Looks like it’s The Scarlet Lefse.  You raise an eyebrow.  You tell him the truck looks like it probably has lefse.  He tells you that maybe the truck’s name is wrong.  You tell him he should know what the name of the truck says.  He asks why it matters, they’re like the same thing.  You argue with him on the principle that, no, lefse is not the same thing as a taco.  You tell him that lefse is a flatbread, and tacos are fucking tacos.  He tells you that, you know what, he doesn’t want to make you anything, lefse or tacos.  He tells you to get outta here, he’s gonna drive home, and that he’s done being grilled by you fascist commie pinko pigs and your fucking Abnormals.  You ask him what he means by Abnormals.  He tells you to fuck off, and proceeds to searching his pockets, presumably for the keys to his truck, but he can’t seem to find them.

Item Modified:  Faulty WUZARD Robot → WUZARD Robot
WUZARD Robot
Weapon Type:  Magic (Power)
Damage:  0 Wounds
Effect:  Whenever a spell is cast on you, roll a Magic (Power) Skill roll.  On a 3-5, WUZARD learns that spell.

Anton Shalva
Anton stands there in contemplation there are many questions he would like to ask and part of him can't help but feel this is some trick... yet this deal is nostalgic somehow... eventually Anton grins "You know you remind me of Quartermaster for USSR Legion! He would hide things away to sell later and give good gifts for you to turn blind eye it is like I'm back at home!" Anton chuckles "Very well June my lips sealed but I shall be keeping the basic ID as well as better one you give me also if anyone ask why I am in area I am not supposed to be I say you let me in. Can not be sure how higher-ups react if I'm caught with what I am not supposed to have in place im not supposed to be you understand. Let us keep working with each other in future yes?"

Accept the offer assuming she agrees to my criteria and use my normal id card to get some type of fitting weapon then catch up with everyone else.
[Speech:  3] - “Oh, don’t worry.  Mr. Undefined never visits the building, and Loop is too busy to notice.  If anything, I really just try to keep people out of the gym because it’s small, and I want to workout in private.  Just avoid the gym from 9-11am on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and I’m fine with that.”

She hands you another card, though it looks exactly the same as the one you already have, and then you head over to the Armory.  [Speech:  6] You hand your ID to Greta who reaches over to something on the desk she’s standing at and dumps a small woolen glove into the chute.  Wow, that seems so much easier than what your teammates had to deal with!  Greta gives you a nod and a blank stare that some people might interpret as approval, and then you make your way to Thunder’s Park.

Woolen Glove
Weapon Type:  Unarmed (Body)
Damage:  2 Wounds
Effect:  Your Dodge rolls make an additional Counterattack check using your Unarmed (Body) skill.  On a 3-5, you deal 1 Wound.

Burt
"Weird gun probably should be concerned about it but I'm not."
Dig around in the trashcans for clues and valuable objects.
[Survival:  5] - You decide to dig through the trash in hopes of finding clues about a series of disappearances near the park potentially involving large, wild animals.  To the untrained observer, this, clearly, would be insanity.  But, it’s thinking like that that keeps you alive in this business.  Abnormalities come in all manner of shapes, sizes, intelligence, and dangerousness.  If one were to find something of value in the trash near the disappearance, it could be reasonably understood to be an Abnormal of human-like intelligence.  Smart Abnormals are inherently dangerous.

But you already knew that, you smarty pants!

Your excavation leaves you with all manner of refuse, from food to unmentionables.  The only potential clue you find in here is a headless squirrel, as well as its head.  The wound appears to have been performed by a knife or maybe some other type of blade.  The animal, at least, likely wasn’t conscious when it was killed.

Truly, this is odd, but you also notice that one of the R.A.M. agents walks up to you.  You’ve seen her around before, and you’re pretty sure her name is Wendy, but she’s kind of a newbie.  She hesitates a second, but she asks you, “Did you find anything?  I’m willing to trade info for info here, if you’d like.  I’m not really into this weird rivalry stuff.  How about we partner up?”

Your initial instincts seem to suggest that she’s not lying, but that this type of teaming up can leave you at a disadvantage.  You never know what rookies are going to do.

Survival Rank Up:  Skilled → Proficient
New Optional Objective:  Team Up With Wendalin

Freishutz
"This gun.. feels right."
Head down the pathway deeper in the forest. Look for any trails that may have been left by a human.
[Survival:  4] - You head down the trail, ducking under the caution tape that appears some ways down.  Your search is slightly eventful, finding a series of large animal prints that cross the trail about a quarter of a mile down, but the only human tracks you can find seem to stick mainly to the trail or just a small ways off for what you assume are photo opportunities.

At about that time, your intuition starts to kick in.  You feel the presence of eyes on you.  You can’t really be sure from where or by who, but they don’t feel particularly welcoming.  You’re pretty sure you’ll need to go further down, but that will leave you out of range of the rest of your team, and it likely leaves you at the mercy of whoever or whatever is watching you.

Global

A roar bellows from within the forest.  Birds scatter in all directions, and people turn, concerned by the noise.  Many of them decide that those bears and coyotes are not worth the hassle and leave.  The R.A.M. team turns to enter the forest, though, in small groups, leaving three members out of the forest.  Freishutz is within close proximity to the roar, but its deafening noise leaves him unable to accurately pinpoint if the watchful presence and the roar are the same thing.

What do you do?

Status

Spoiler: Burt (King Zultan) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Clementine (Egan_BW) (click to show/hide)

NOTE:  The statuses were automatically generated (and will continue to be from this point onward), so verify that they are correct.  You won't need to copy your character in each post (and I'd prefer you didn't), but make sure that I've got everything correct!

Also, turns will probably take around this time, and if that's too long, then that's understandable! :)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 08:50:11 pm by webadict »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Abnormal Investigators - Turn 2 (6 / 6)
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2022, 07:57:52 pm »

Abnormality detected. Stand still and record it.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2022, 08:04:26 pm »

punch him.  then return to my own body
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2022, 09:46:40 pm »

"Hmm right to action it seems!"

Stand my ground with (most) of the team and see if anything shows up

(Also my keycard effect should probably be updated and or add a second one with a more updated effect description.)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 03:22:06 am by Fluffe9911 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2022, 05:31:23 am »

"I don't see why we can't team up for a bit and I to have never got why the different groups hate each other, anyway as for what I found it's a headless squirrel and it's head looks like a knife was used to behead it, you guys find out anything?"
Team up with Wendalin and find out what her group has found.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2022, 08:39:07 pm »

(My Wizard Bot still has it’s old faulty description.)

Use my magic Skill: proficient and cast charm person, dnd style. Get him to spill info, I KNOW HE HAS IT

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2022, 08:46:19 pm »

Stand my ground and watch for any hostile movement nearby.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4