Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What to do...  (Read 654 times)

ltprifti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What to do...
« on: November 28, 2022, 10:13:56 pm »

we arrive not even one winter past, we had a few visiting monster hunters when a balrog came a knocking.  we grabbed what we could to fight and met the beast as it was entering our fort... we had been toiling all month to get the traps set up but hadn't the time to arm but 1/3 it grabbed Tun an in one lash of its whip of molten iron caused him to explode showering us all in boiling blood and viscera... smoke is filling the tunnel from the forest fire ignited in the balrogs path, when the humble clerk Zon Arbanfikod, the freshest of recruits came rushing up the stairs and right at the balrog... unarmed.... as the balrog was melting the foot of Endok; Zon punched it square in the face, bruising its fat and knocking it out with his only attack right onto one of our few armed cage traps...

now i got this balrog caged in a rough wood cage.... what do i do with the fucking thing?  and how is such a beast caged only worth  a measly 22?

kinda thinking of trying to build some sort of last resort raid defense once i get a legendary floodgate
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 10:22:20 pm by ltprifti »

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
Re: What to do...
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2022, 10:52:18 pm »

Trade it to the elves.  And by trade it to the elves, I mean let it loose when their caravan arrives, and see if you can capture it again.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2022, 12:31:57 am »

now i got this balrog caged in a rough wood cage.... what do i do with the fucking thing?  and how is such a beast caged only worth  a measly 22?
Only tame non-sapient creatures can be traded, so that value might only be just for the cage.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2022, 12:35:53 am »

If it’s sentient and you try and trade it away, your dwarves will let it out of the cage and then haul the cage to the depot.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

ltprifti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2022, 08:41:55 am »

Only tame non-sapient creatures can be traded, so that value might only be just for the cage.

it aint tamed just captured

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2022, 12:02:10 am »

Yes, that's what I'm saying: because it's not tamed, it can't be sold, so maybe the value shown for the cage is just the value of cage with out the contents.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2022, 02:30:20 am »

wait, what mod adds Balrogs?!

ltprifti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2022, 08:45:42 pm »

wait, what mod adds Balrogs?!
idk, i got the msot recent masterwork  and its in there

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2022, 09:47:40 pm »

Maybe you should set up a metal cage trap and get it trapped there instead. Balrog's might produce heat and eventually destroy the wood cage.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

ltprifti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2022, 10:38:23 pm »

Maybe you should set up a metal cage trap and get it trapped there instead. Balrog's might produce heat and eventually destroy the wood cage.
ive tried several things and they have all been quick FUN, the balrog is a brute.... titan level or better