Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Turbulence (SG) - Storm, Web, Casket  (Read 5485 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Turbulence (SG) - Gunsquirrel Adventures
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2022, 03:50:21 am »

Don't let that stop you from having more guns, anyway what happens if you lose one, this is why you meed spares.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2022, 12:13:01 pm »

They're literally part of our body.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2022, 08:25:00 pm »

Take all of the revolvers. What if we see someone who needs one later?

Also take one suit of armor, just because lamellar is aesthetic.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2022, 08:51:53 pm »

But carrying stuff sounds like something vassals are for!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2022, 08:53:57 pm »

True. Claim the guns and make her carry them. The rest is TRASH.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2022, 01:56:56 am »

+1 This is the way.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2022, 09:47:43 am »

+1 This is the way.
+1
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2022, 05:25:11 am »

((Just checking - will you be asking any questions of your vassal, or will you just be handing her the guns and walking in silence?))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2022, 09:06:13 am »

I vote for any question asked by anyone.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2022, 09:45:01 am »

While bringing all the guns along, ask her about her opinion of the make and model of each of them, including our own. We must see if she requires education about the greatest type of weapon.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2022, 02:48:39 am »

While bringing all the guns along, ask her about her opinion of the make and model of each of them, including our own. We must see if she requires education about the greatest type of weapon.
+1 Sounds good to me.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2022, 03:58:51 am »

Ask her for her name and specialty, and why so many people were chasing after her... also where you are going in the first place.
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2022, 04:12:42 am »

+1 This is the way.
+1

((Lumping Dev and Cronos' votes together since they're asking for similar things. That ties it up with Zul's question, so I'll be having Alex ask both sets.))

Three six-shooters. Seventeen rounds between them. You wipe them off on your robes and return them to their holsters.

"Do... do you need that many?"

Of course! What sort of question is that? You'll need backups in case your weapons run dry, and what if you run into another poor unfortunate soul in need of a gun? Also, she'll be carrying them.

"...Okay but um, why?"

Because she could clearly use more. Though now that you think about it maybe you should test her knowledge, her trigger discipline certainly left a lot to be desired. Does she even know the make and model of these?

"N-no?"

Does she at least know what her own gun is?

"It's a um, Hanwei Single Action Peacemaker(?)"

And what about your guns?

"I-I don't know... they're intrinsics right?"

One out of six. Terrible, truly terrible. You shake your head.

"S-sorry I'm- wait... six? How did you get- you're counting it like that?"

Of course! Why wouldn't you? It's more important to know about common guns, and by your observation those are more common!

Ada blinks, mulling over whether to argue the point. "D-do you know what they are then?"

You wave her off. That's besides the point, the point being that this information she should know! She can't just coast along doing- ...actually what does she do anyway? Besides picking fights with bandits?

"I didn't pick a fight with them! They ambushed me!"

Okay besides getting ambushed by bandits what does she do?

"I'm a craftsperson."

What does she craft? Furniture? Ceramics? Guns?

"...H-how would I be a gunsmith?"

How would you know? Nepotism? Low standards?

"I make drones."

You weren't aware bees needed help with that.

"Wha- no, not those, these." She gestures to the grubs.

So they're a type of expendable flying construct?

"Sort of, they're not all this expendable. You can use them to scout and fight for you, a-also deliveries, I think my clan's trialing them for agriculture too. I um, don't have the resources to make those though."

But she does have the skills? Well you suppose it would be your responsibility to help leverage those talents even if you don't completely get what they entail.

"They can also use guns."

Oh why didn't she say that to begin with? Now what was that about a clan?

"Oh um, I'm from the Nest."

You have no idea what that is. Where's that sit on the nobility totem pole? And more importantly, what do you get now that you're her suzerain?

"It's a comital clan and um I don't know?"

Comital eh? That's pretty high up, granted she's clearly not a scion or anything, but clan ties still carry their own benefits, and even if you don't get extra benefits for vassalizing her you're sure it won't be too hard to at least attain parity in the eyes of others. Speaking of which, which chump's in charge of dealing with bandits?

"Uh... the sect?"

Sure they'll probably be called to deal with the problem, but who asks them to?

"A town?"

Not what you're asking. There's some sort of official in charge with this sort of thing isn't there? Making sure the woods aren't just absolutely lousy with bandits?

She stares blankly back at you. "Senior... could it be that you don't know where we are?"

Some backwater ass woods apparently. Does it matter?

"We're in the Inner Frontier."

You have no idea what that means, but the mention of a "frontier" is illuminating enough.

The salvage itself takes a little more time. Ada starts with the armor, tearing through the rear lining to find a flat box filled with shimmering rocks. Spirit stones. This must be what array's power source. She presses her bandaged hand into the container, you can tell whatever lies beneath the bandages isn't solid, not complete anyways, not with the way she's doing it. After a moment, she withdraws her hand. The stones are gone. She repeats the same process for the other armored vests, the spears go similarly only difference being the location of their power supply - housed in a cavity where the wooden shaft meets the steel head.

The remaining drones settle back inside the partitioned case and Ada swings it back onto her back, now with another three holsters in tow.

With that all sorted the two of you depart for the Tap District.

*** Sometime Later ***

You're beginning to see it's called the Tap District. You haven't seen it yet, but you're beginning to understand at least why it's called a district, not a town, a village, or anything else.

See, the Tap District is a district, a small sliver of a much larger city, a metropolis in fact. The Veiled City, an urban sprawl on a scale to rival or exceed even the greatest of capitals. Paper lanterns illuminate the night with strange sigils inscribed upon their square faces, buildings stack one upon the other two to three stories high capped with glazed tile roofs, vendors hawk their wares from carts lining the road. Skewers and umbrellas, trinkets and fine porcelains. This is not a main road. The main road is too dangerous. This is not even the heart of the city, you are in the outskirts. In the heart the buildings grow far taller, the crowds denser, and survival all the less certain.

There are crowds. There are always crowds. But there is no one in the crowd, no one but you and Ada. No one you can see anyhow.

That flows through the streets are not humans but multicolored smoke. Thick ever-shifting smoke, you can see shapes in it. People, always indistinct, how many are there in the crowd? What forms do they take? The details escape you, like wind slipping through your fingers. You see a transaction at a food cart, a wooden skewer charred on an open flame, nothing on the skewer, nothing on any of the skewers, but you cannot tell who made the transaction - there is no who, there is only the crowd. Ever-changing, ever-roiling, pouring through the streets, churning inside the buildings.

It is denser deeper in the city Ada explains. So dense you cannot see, so dense you need other senses, senses specialized for the city. So dense you could be swept away, carried away by the crowd, never to be seen again.

It's not trivial here either, visibility ain't the best and while your mobility isn't too impaired it's definitely an unfamiliar sensation, sort of like walking against an indecisive wind, navigating through a crowd, and walking underwater all at once.

Your instincts tell you to climb, to head up one of the buildings. It'll be easier to see up there, more freedom of movement unconstrained by the street structure too. Ada is hesitant however, pointing upwards.

Up above, lazily drifting through the skies is a humanoid figure not so much attired so much as draped in fabric. You can't make out too much else from this angle. That a problem?

"If it sees us. We should be safe in the crowd."

Well maybe not - you think you can see something approaching. Something a little more solid. A new light shines in the distance, shining towards you, and closing in. You reach for your weapons.

"It's okay..." Ada holds out her hand and gives you what appears to be a censer. Looks strangely utilitarian though save for a strange dial and button at the top.

"Papers please" A whisper, spoken first by the newcomer, and then by all the crowd around them.

You can see it now, an individual, a being that exists independent of the crowd. A mass of multicolored smoke taking the shape of a clerk with a paper lantern embedded in their head, a sigil traced upon it. Looking down, you can see that same sigil amongst others on the censer's dial.

Ada steps forwards, aligning her dial to the sigil and depressing the button. Something ignites within the censer, flames and smoke dancing unnaturally, some of the smoke pours from the censer, but only certain colors.

"They don't understand words" Ada explains. In other words, she's saying you can still talk freely.

Is it bad to defy these clerks?

She nods "They can't do much on their own. But if we try to run there will an immune response."

Like guards or something?

Another nod. "It can get very bad."

The checking process takes a fair amount of time, especially since the clerk has to check both of you, but you are able to still at least move during the check, just limiting your pace so it can keep up. Eventually its light extinguishes with a "Thank you" and it glides past without further fuss.

Another light shines ahead.

"Papers please"

Wait what? Is this normal?

"N-no, something's off!"

You step back and a blur of motion rushes through where you head was mere moments ago.

A fist of black smoke. You square off against your assailant and find yourself face to face with a hulking mass of indistinct human silhouettes twisted together into the shape of something reminiscent of a gorilla in shape. It is comprised entirely of smoke, and yet it seems more solid than the clerks still.

Oh and there's three more barrelling down upon you right now.

Four gorillas, all at fairly close range. Another clerk inbound that you'll need the censer for (taking up one hand) and which you'll be punished for if you spur.

> [] Rush for the clerk. Use your enhanced mobility to create a gap, you can gun down these assailants while you appease the clerk
> [] Stand and fight. These chumps don't look too bad, you could take 'em
> [] Brave the rooftops. This whole situation stinks, you'd rather take your chances with cloth-clad figure
> [] (Write in)
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Turbulence (SG) - Storm, Web, Casket
« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2022, 04:34:49 am »

Stand and fight!

Also this place seems terrible I say we burn it down.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Turbulence (SG) - Storm, Web, Casket
« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2022, 06:38:28 pm »

Taunt

These smoky morons seem too slow to fight us.  Taunt these people while dodging them until they get tired.  Then we can challenge them to a duel for.. I don't know, their clothes?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7