Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Turbulence (SG) - Storm, Web, Casket  (Read 5495 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Turbulence (SG) - Gunsquirrel Adventures
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2022, 01:43:27 pm »

They are irrelevant, stop thinking about the bandits immediately.

+1

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2022, 03:21:23 pm »

Do you pull a trigger to walk?

I don’t have to answer that.

+1

+1
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2022, 09:21:15 am »

+1

+1
+1

The girl approaches, bowing deeply. "Thank you for you aid Senior- ah I... I never asked for you name..."

It's Alex.

"...Just Alex?"

Yeah, just Alex. She nods deciding not to inquire any further.

"I'm Ada, um, Ada Batbayar."

Batbayar. Sounds foreign, barbarian even. You glance over Ada again. She's dressed in close fitting robes with straight sleeves and a floral motif, trousers are similarly straight, left arm is wrapped entirely in dark-colored bandages. Looks pretty normal to you. Eh whatever, it's probably not important.

"Um..." she fidgets awkwardly. You stare at her expectantly, at least, you think you do? You're not sure what your eyes look like right now.

"I was just thinking um... m-maybe y-you'd want to exchange... con-contact details..?"

Oh, of course! Not much point having vassals if you can't get in touch with them.

Ada reaches into her pocket and pulls out a strange tablet, roughly the same dimensions of a human hand. A mirror wrought from black stone, enclosed in a protective case with a peacock motif. Light pours from its surface revealing an incomplete grid of abstract sigils against a vibrant background. The image changes, showing a monochrome background with a single sigil at its center - a stylized scroll with the character for "chat" emblazoned upon its center. Soon it too is replaced, honestly you can't quite keep up with what Ada is doing, but eventually mirror settles on a single image, a bubble with the word "link" at its center and an arrow pointing upwards.

She holds the tablet out to your expectantly, the head of the arrow facing toward you.

You have no idea what that is or what she expects you to do with it. A second ticks by in expectant silence. This is getting awkward.

> [] Explain you have no idea what that thing is. You've been sapient for a grand total of two hours.
> [] Eat the tablet. If you know anything about cultivators it's that they like their drugs, she's probably offering some to you as a sign of fealty.
> [] (Write in)
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2022, 10:27:45 am »

Eat the tablet. If you know anything about cultivators it's that they like their drugs, she's probably offering some to you as a sign of fealty.
Not eating it, and at least pretending that we have been sapient and human for longer than 2 hours would be a sign of weakness, we cannot look too weak to our vassal.
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2022, 04:47:30 pm »

I don't know what this is.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2022, 07:24:53 pm »

Shoot the tablet

We think with our guns, not any crazy magic things.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2022, 10:01:10 pm »

Accept her tribute. Take the tablet and put it in whatever looks closest to a pocket or backpack. Explain that she will probably follow us around as a shadow until one of us dies, so if she really wants to communicate she can just raise her voice a bit.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2022, 03:53:45 am »

Accept her tribute. Take the tablet and put it in whatever looks closest to a pocket or backpack. Explain that she will probably follow us around as a shadow until one of us dies, so if she really wants to communicate she can just raise her voice a bit.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2022, 09:15:21 pm »

+1
+1
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2022, 09:22:40 am »

+1
+1

"Ehhh?!"

Every single grub turns to face you, Ada quickly waves her arms, the message is obvious - it's okay. They relent.

"Y-you're not from the sect?"

A sect, that would be where cultivators go to hone their art under the tutelage of their seniors right? Establishments created to sequestrate all the inevitable drug-fueled violence and direct it towards the empire's ends.

No, you're not from the sect.

"Oh... M-maybe we should visit headquarters and get you registered. We can get you a new tablet too- ah, y-you can keep mine though! We'll need to re-attune it though..."

Headquarters? Re-attune? You're still not sure what the tablet does or how to even use it, though communication seems to be one its functions.

Nodding slowly you move over to one of the fallen bandits, relieving them of their satchel. Bandages, a bottle of medicine, no coin, no room for coin either. Nothing of value. You empty it all out and place the tribute inside. Your body comes with holsters for your weapons and those magazine storage units, but no pockets. Nor do your robes, probably for the best - you're not convinced they'd hold anything too well being punctured by your jets however often.

Nine corpses. Five sets of functional armor, one working flamethrower (half-depleted), three revolvers, seventeen revolver cartridges, five spears (dropped in death or haste), two short swords (back up weapons for the spear wielders). Flamethrower and revolvers are likely alchemical, rest have arrays - enchantments built into them, or so Ada says.

You get first pick, you saved her after all. Whatever you don't take, she'll salvage, save for the flamethrower - too bulky. At the very least, you doubt you have much use for the armor.

After that "I was going to head back to the Tap District i-if you're okay with that I mean..."

Well, you have no idea for where else you'd go. You're guessing the sect headquarters is too far to travel to directly.

((Traveling to the Tap District will take some time, please vote on what you'd like to loot as well as any questions/conversations you'd like to have with Ada en route.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2022, 12:59:42 pm »

Nothing.  There's no food, no drink, we already have weapons and we don't need armour.

As for where to go next..

"Who is in charge here?  Is there someone near here who is supposed to be dealing with bandits?"

Other than that, lets find out about our new vassal.  What does she do other than fighting?  Since we've got the fighting part covered, after all.  What kind of social status did we claim, by being her superior?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 01:45:11 pm by Devastator »

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2022, 01:06:21 am »

Well, first things first, if we wear armor wouldn't our thrusters just make that really uncomfortable?
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2022, 02:22:46 am »

I say we take one of the revolvers as you can never have enough gun.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2022, 02:24:09 am »

Two hands, two guns.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7