Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26

Author Topic: Kill Jim Jack Tric Now: Knightwing's Requested Revenge (3/7) End: Mafia Jim Wins  (Read 19006 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Jim Jack Tric Now: Knightwing's Requested Revenge (7/7) Day 1: GO GO GO!
« Reply #135 on: December 23, 2022, 01:50:19 pm »

Webadict : why are you more comfortable with lynching (presumably Toony?) than not? You mentioned that you think you think you're going to get killed, but I don't see how that makes a practical difference at six players rather than seven.

No lynch
Because voting is the most important way to gather information in this game.  The Town do not normally win in the Night like the Mafia do.  The Mafia knows who's Mafia and who's not.  Player slip information subconsciously through their words, and defending your vote creates more words to develop an idea of their mindset.

Honestly, take your pick of any of those reasons.

No Elimination is not a great idea here because we have literally zero idea of what we're playing against.  What do you expect to learn from No Elimination?

If anything, think of this as, instead, your chance to convince me that No One is Mafia, and thus why I cannot accept that as a conclusion inherently.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Jim Jack Tric Now: Knightwing's Requested Revenge (7/7) Day 1: GO GO GO!
« Reply #136 on: December 23, 2022, 02:02:47 pm »

I've laid out my thinking before. I don't necessarily expect to learn anything from not lynching, but from a practical standpoint the effect of mislynching today seems to be outright losing the game. If Tric could commit to not killing someone in the case of a mislynch then I'd be happier with lynching someone, but given that we have to accommodate the lunatic with a gun I think doing our best to avoid losing the game on N1 is ideal.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 23, 2022, 02:04:22 pm »

Max with no vote?

Mod error, sorry. Max's vote counts, I just bungled adding it. Will hopefully avoid that error in the next vote count.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 23, 2022, 04:24:43 pm »

All right, let's see.
I want to hear some more from Jim before I move my vote off him. Is Jim even still in this game?
(I have to admit he does this as town a lot, though. Probably NAI.)

God in the form of a moth is giving me bad vibes here, but I don't really have any experience playing with him. Can anyone give me any tips? Webadict, maybe?

TricMagic is town. HIS ROLE, HIS ROOOOOOLE. I honestly think he can be counted on not to shoot anyone in case of a mislynch, though. He's not that much of a loose cannon. Probably. I feel like I worry about a doctor Tric more than a vig Tric anyway.
Still stand by what I said about Knightwing, sorta.

Web and Toony continue to be the same as before. I think the fact that I can't confidently identify scum elsewhere makes it even more likely that one of them is, too. Or even both of them, I'm not married to what I said before, but I still don't think that yet. I'm more inclined to suspect [Godmoth or Jim] and [Web or Toony].

Okay, reading a little more, I feel less good about Tric, but I'm still not voting him today. I kind of DO believe he would claim vig as scum, in principle, though. Last paragraph still stands.

Web vs. modgoth on no-lynching feels a little odd, but also, would be kind of a really weird and pointless interaction for scum? I guess I'll tentatively say it's probably not them.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 23, 2022, 04:40:57 pm »

am I the only one who finds it weird Tric isn’t acting chaotic stupid?

Yes? Okay.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 23, 2022, 04:42:15 pm »

Yes? Okay.
No. After I saw where you said that, I went back and looked more and that's why I wrote that I wasn't as confident about him anymore. I do think you have a point.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 23, 2022, 05:31:25 pm »

Yes? Okay.
No. After I saw where you said that, I went back and looked more and that's why I wrote that I wasn't as confident about him anymore. I do think you have a point.
I am Dragon, your argument is invalid.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 23, 2022, 05:45:21 pm »

I've laid out my thinking before. I don't necessarily expect to learn anything from not lynching, but from a practical standpoint the effect of mislynching today seems to be outright losing the game. If Tric could commit to not killing someone in the case of a mislynch then I'd be happier with lynching someone, but given that we have to accommodate the lunatic with a gun I think doing our best to avoid losing the game on N1 is ideal.
I'd rather play to win than play to not lose.  If you're worried about TricMagic, vote him.  I'm still down to vote out TricMagic in this situation.

All right, let's see.
I want to hear some more from Jim before I move my vote off him. Is Jim even still in this game?
(I have to admit he does this as town a lot, though. Probably NAI.)

God in the form of a moth is giving me bad vibes here, but I don't really have any experience playing with him. Can anyone give me any tips? Webadict, maybe?

TricMagic is town. HIS ROLE, HIS ROOOOOOLE. I honestly think he can be counted on not to shoot anyone in case of a mislynch, though. He's not that much of a loose cannon. Probably. I feel like I worry about a doctor Tric more than a vig Tric anyway.
Still stand by what I said about Knightwing, sorta.

Web and Toony continue to be the same as before. I think the fact that I can't confidently identify scum elsewhere makes it even more likely that one of them is, too. Or even both of them, I'm not married to what I said before, but I still don't think that yet. I'm more inclined to suspect [Godmoth or Jim] and [Web or Toony].

Okay, reading a little more, I feel less good about Tric, but I'm still not voting him today. I kind of DO believe he would claim vig as scum, in principle, though. Last paragraph still stands.

Web vs. modgoth on no-lynching feels a little odd, but also, would be kind of a really weird and pointless interaction for scum? I guess I'll tentatively say it's probably not them.
As much as I'd be satisfied with a Toony/Jim team here, I don't think that's right.  It feels too easy.  And I don't think Deus is scum.  I'm still unwilling to remove Knightwing from suspicion here.

If you're set on TricMagic, I'm not against voting him out, but I'm... not sure it's him either, though less sure than Deus.  I'm also going to remove you from suspicion for now.  I don't think you're scum here.

Overall, then, my feeling is
TricMagic isn't Mafia (SK?  Solo Mafia???)
Deus is probably Town
Max is Town enough
Jim is hesitantly scummy
Toony is hesitantly scummy
Knightwing is hesitantly scummy

The problem here is if I accept that Max is Town, I can accept his reading of Knightwing on the basis that Toony as scum and Max as Town would read Knightwing as scum.

Jim + Toony is too easy.

Yes? Okay.
I am Dragon, your argument is invalid.
Um... You were an SK when you were a Dragon.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 23, 2022, 06:03:38 pm »

If you're set on TricMagic, I'm not against voting him out
Right now, I'm not set on anything. His play DOES remind me of times when he was third-party.

As for knightwing, it's entirely possible that he's learned to do better or is teamed up with someone (ToonyMan? You, not that I'd expect you to admit it?) who could coach him, but I think he shows the signs of trying, like how he keeps suspecting Tric for clearly expressed reasons. (I think "Tric not acting scummy == Tric scum" is too simplistic, but it's certainly been true and makes for a fair approximation.)
I could buy a KW/Toony team if that's what you're selling me, and maybe KW/Jim again (I just reread Demon Mafia, too), since he did a pretty good job trying to save himself that time. But even if you convince me that he's scum... I'm still gonna say we should try to find a partner to lynch first just because this IS his personal themed game. It just seems kind of cruel.
(On the other hand, I could also believe that Jack would make Knightwing scum in his knightwing-themed game on purpose, too.)

Speaking of the subject of partners, I do think there could be solo mafia and 2 third parties to make the Jim Jack Tric title work, too. Since Tric was actually town in that game, it could even be something like... Tric-spirit is the mafia and Jim- and Jack-spirits are 3ps, in a kind of reversal. Since the original plan seems like it would be too scumsided for seven players, that does sound like a way to downsize while keeping the theme intact. Might explain why, at least to me, I'm not really able to justify any teams yet.

And I'll take your word for it about Mothman, for now.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 23, 2022, 06:49:45 pm »

The main issue here is it's near christmas, and I'm just joking around as I wait and see. And right now, I'm not seeing any mafia. There doesn't appear to be any teamwork going on, making me thing it's Mafia/Mally/SK.

This is mostly due to the fact a lot of people are playing it safe and seeking info, but not voting. Most votes are still on their RVS targets right now.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 23, 2022, 06:51:06 pm »

Thinking on it, Jim. This would be Dues, but they haven't shown up. Could be christmastime..

You know, Dues, I'll just murder Jim tonight if he doesn't show.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 23, 2022, 07:31:41 pm »

TricMagic

I don't like that last post.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 23, 2022, 07:35:12 pm »

Pretty quick reaction webadict.  Why so red? Not like you can't stop it if you want to right? Or was that setup for an excuse later on?

I don't think you ever answered my question either.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 23, 2022, 07:53:13 pm »

I don’t like how Tric has been acting this game period.

Tricmagic

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 23, 2022, 07:56:52 pm »

... Knightwing, why the hammer-type vote? You vote yourself fool!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26