Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 71

Author Topic: LGBTQ+ Thread  (Read 71114 times)

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: LGBTQ+ Thread
« Reply #945 on: September 19, 2023, 09:54:25 am »

Yeah it's all very stupid. The other week we had our Public Service television broadcaster release a "documentary" literally called "the Trans War" ("Transkriget"), scandalizing over these poor kids who may get puberty blockers and what irreparable harm it may bring to them. What if they turn transgender from it!

Luckily this conspiratory muck has been blasted in pretty much every other major Swedish news outlet, and has been reported to the regulatory broadcasting agency over 100 times in the first week. Though like it's still up there on their website, and who knows how many people have seen it who won't see the criticism and now have a back asswards position on trans people and their right to healthcare, backed by an "impartial and objective" source (that's what they've been reported for, they legally have to be). It sucks.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: September 20, 2023, 11:41:36 am »

Quote from:  (googletranslated)
Trans care has become one of the most debated issues of our time. Where one side believes that care saves lives, others believe that it dissolves the boundaries between the sexes and risks causing lifelong damage. The trans care of children has come into focus as the number of diagnoses of gender dysphoria has increased exponentially and the country's clinics have more enrolled children than ever. On what grounds is trans care conducted today - and what if those responsible are wrong?

Hmmm, it sounds like they're engaging with the debate rather than taking a side in it. But my Swedish is non-existent, so I'll never know from watching it, hah.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: September 20, 2023, 11:58:23 am »

Quote from: Engaging with the debate without taking a side
Vaccines have become one of the most debated issues of our time. Where one side believes that they save lives, others believe that they weaken the immune system and risk causing lifelong damage. The vaccination of children has come into focus as the number of diagnoses of COVID-19 has increased exponentially and the country's clinics have more enrolled children than ever. On what grounds are vaccines administered today - and what if those responsible are wrong?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: September 20, 2023, 12:08:52 pm »

Yes - precisely.

I'd actually be interested in watching an episode on that.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #949 on: September 20, 2023, 12:46:25 pm »

And then they go on to only interview the antivaxxers, or parallels thereof.

I'm not really interested in going through the arguments here, but if you're interested translating the linked articles above should give some insight.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: September 20, 2023, 12:49:40 pm »

Yea, that'd be the rub. Maybe I can find transcripts of the series online.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

zhijinghaofromchina

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a fan of 矮人要塞
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: September 23, 2023, 08:50:48 am »

I am not intended to offend everyone here , but today I read a post here in China ,it is a joke , one red neck was bocked in a fence , he shouted for help but failed , then he shouted there are only  two genders in the word ! He was heaped , but then he got a big fight!
Is that true , do there exsit such a sharp gender struggle?
问苍茫大地,谁主沉浮?我主沉浮!
Ask the vast land , who is in charge of the ups and downs .
I am in charge of the ups and downs !

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: September 23, 2023, 06:06:37 pm »

(bocked==blocked, i.e. "stuck"? heaped==helped? ...if you don't mind me presuming what has been double-translated.)

That's not a gender struggle. It is a rather confused joke about the struggles of gender-recognition, maybe.

But there'll both be someone to be upset by the joke and others who'll use it against others. If only for the main jibe against the 'redneck', apparently smart enough to get out of the initial situation yet dumb enough to get into it already. (If you don't mind me dissecting the frog. It's not a particularly funny/sophisticated joke, so not sure keeping it 'alive' is a priority.)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: September 24, 2023, 01:01:59 am »

I am not intended to offend everyone here , but today I read a post here in China ,it is a joke , one red neck was bocked in a fence , he shouted for help but failed , then he shouted there are only  two genders in the word ! He was heaped , but then he got a big fight!
Is that true , do there exsit such a sharp gender struggle?
In some places, but mostly no.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: September 24, 2023, 06:53:32 am »

Tayyip Erdogan of Turkiye recently got triggered by U.N. decor because it reminds him of LGBT rainbow symbolism.

zhijinghaofromchina

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a fan of 矮人要塞
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: September 24, 2023, 08:51:41 am »

(bocked==blocked, i.e. "stuck"? heaped==helped? ...if you don't mind me presuming what has been double-translated.)
Sorry for my carelessness in typing English , these days I am trying to use my new English typing app , that might make me have some mistakes ....
问苍茫大地,谁主沉浮?我主沉浮!
Ask the vast land , who is in charge of the ups and downs .
I am in charge of the ups and downs !

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #956 on: September 25, 2023, 04:18:01 am »

Tayyip Erdogan of Turkiye recently got triggered by U.N. decor because it reminds him of LGBT rainbow symbolism.

The man must be fuming everytime the rain clears up a sunny day

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: September 25, 2023, 09:40:30 am »

There's literally Christians super angry about the LGBT flag because "rainbows were given to them by god" :D

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: September 25, 2023, 10:16:53 am »

There's literally Christians super angry about the LGBT flag because "rainbows were given to them by god" :D

As a reminder of a genocide! Christians love genocides
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: September 25, 2023, 11:20:24 am »

Welllll, that's demonstrably false.

But they do get a buzz off relationships with extranatural beings, that is true. In that way the rainbow is God's.... wedding ring?
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 71