Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 70

Author Topic: LGBTQ+ Thread  (Read 54198 times)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Re: LGBTQ+ Thread
« Reply #195 on: December 04, 2022, 01:00:23 pm »

Reject binary gender, become tentacle-void.

Now this is something I can get behind!
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #196 on: December 04, 2022, 03:55:58 pm »

Reject binary gender, become tentacle-void.

Now this is something I can get behind!

I swear I saw a subreddit like this. Though I believe there was some asexuality thrown into the mix as well, for good measure?

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 04, 2022, 04:17:48 pm »

Voidpunk, I believe.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 04, 2022, 06:12:24 pm »

The Daedra of Elder Scrolls are probably best decribed as genderless, they just like to dress up in different skins to appeal to different mortal prejudices or to satisfy their own ego in some fashion. Though being inspired by gods from Asia (and Lovecraft in Mora's case) helps, way less bearded old man style gods once you get out of Abrahamic territory for inspiration.

Sort of like the Chaos gods of Warhammer. Daemons have no sex, most just default to identifying as masculine because it's how humans think of them and that's literally what gives them form. In a world where women made up the bulk of violent actors Khorne could be a woman with a dog's head, like a vaguely Norse Sekhmet.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 09, 2022, 09:29:34 am »

Less than a week until my endo appointment.

Given this, I'm pretty sure I've got a solid idea on what to expect from anti-androgens and hormones, but does anyone have any advice or anything that they think I might have missed? Just want to be prepared for it.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Sarai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 09, 2022, 11:33:44 pm »

Given this, I'm pretty sure I've got a solid idea on what to expect from anti-androgens and hormones, but does anyone have any advice or anything that they think I might have missed? Just want to be prepared for it.

Depending on your location expect either great or terrible experiences going forward with healthcare. Probably already expected. Have you ever heard of trans broken arm syndrome?

Depending on the anti-androgen you take (I'm thinking of spironolactone), you will begin to pee all the goddam time and it's so freaking annoying, especially when combined with general public restroom anxiety.

You will begin to study the mirror religiously while you await physical changes, and grow impatient while it appears that nothing is happening. Then suddenly it will feel like everything is changing all at once and it gets very exciting! And then years down the line you'll look at yourself now and at yourself when you thought you were experiencing a bunch of good changes and think "holy crap I thought that was great but I look so different now!"

Basically, what I'm saying is you will be impatient and it sucks, but it takes a lot of time for hormones to really kick in.

And unrelated, it was my birthday today and my wife took me to get some banana pudding 'cause it's my favorite even tho she hates bananas and I just 🥰🥰🥰 I am so gay for this woman.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 11:36:34 pm by Sarai »

LadyBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Used to be LordBrassroast
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 09, 2022, 11:42:06 pm »

your chest area is gonna hurt like a son of a bitch. like an itchy kind of hurt. that's normal, it's growing pains.

Sarai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 09, 2022, 11:46:54 pm »

your chest area is gonna hurt like a son of a bitch. like an itchy kind of hurt. that's normal, it's growing pains.

And you're going to hit your new goodies on all the door frames T_T

LadyBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Used to be LordBrassroast
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 10, 2022, 12:03:47 am »

it's been 18mo and I still do that shit all the time

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 10, 2022, 11:26:10 am »

Depending on your location expect either great or terrible experiences going forward with healthcare. Probably already expected. Have you ever heard of trans broken arm syndrome?

Depending on the anti-androgen you take (I'm thinking of spironolactone), you will begin to pee all the goddam time and it's so freaking annoying, especially when combined with general public restroom anxiety.

You will begin to study the mirror religiously while you await physical changes, and grow impatient while it appears that nothing is happening. Then suddenly it will feel like everything is changing all at once and it gets very exciting! And then years down the line you'll look at yourself now and at yourself when you thought you were experiencing a bunch of good changes and think "holy crap I thought that was great but I look so different now!"

Basically, what I'm saying is you will be impatient and it sucks, but it takes a lot of time for hormones to really kick in.
Know of TBAS, my intent is to be a pain in the arse if it afflicts me.

I'm wanting to see if I can get a GnRH inhibitor instead, apparently they're generally better tolerated but more expensive, however I'm going to be on shared care so I'll be paying the normal UK prescription cost.

I've already got a couple of pictures on my phone for comparisons, because I know I'm gonna struggle to notice them until they're shoved in my face because that's just how my brain works.

Yeah, I gathered that's one of the more sucky bits. And pets somehow always manage to do stuff like jump on your chest when you're lying down.

It's also how I found out about the advice for when you're medically transitioning to always google "[symptom] in teenagers", because breasts hurting for no reason is a bad sign if you're an adult, but if you're a teenager or MtF it's normal.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 10, 2022, 12:43:12 pm »

I think it's more a spironolactone thing, but anecdotally, a lot of folks I know, myself included, got rather depressed around the 6 month mark for a month or so, around when their T and also E levels were both low (also progress only just barely being somewhat visible in photo comparisons by this point contributes a bit). Depending on meds, that may or may not be a thing for you; some places try to avoid this state more than others, and it's basically menopause complete with occasional hot flashes. But anyway, if you get really depressed around that time, that's kinda to be expected, and it will probably resolve itself in a month or two if your levels get to where they need to be.

Likewise, if you do end up on Spironolactone (and to anyone else on it): you'll want to increase salt intake. It flushes a lot of salt out of your body, which has a feedback loop where your body becomes less able to maintain hydration, you drink more water, you pee more which flushes out more salt, etc. A lot of folks I know get into this feedback loop and end up in what is probably a mild hyponatremia state, where they have an unquenchable thirst bc they don't have enough salt. Your body is very good at maintaining sodium levels (because otherwise you die) so some advice for anyone on Spironolactone: your body makes salt taste better when you need more of it. If instead of merely salty, salt tastes like a gift from the gods descended from the heavens as a reward to you personally, you probably need more salt! Having enough salt allows your body to retain water better, decreasing the frequency of using the restroom and resolving that unquenchable thirst you're feeling (lack of salt also can lead to headaches, which salt resolves). So if you find yourself in that state, a pinch of salt (or very salty snacks) can resolve the issue.

Overall, expect a bunch of body weirdness. Hips move around a bit, so you may find you have bad hip pain for a few weeks at some point, along with how you hold yourself and walk shifting a bit. If you bite your nails, get out of the habit of that, as they grow faster but thinner. Your body's smell will change, which is often one of the first changes (usually within the first week or two). Down below, things will be weird for a while; libido often changes at least once, as does the stimuli it responds well to; and the feeling of it will at some point likely change to more of a full-body experience than the more localized one you're used to. Basically, welcome to Puberty 2: Exploring Your Sexuality (Again).

For tracking progress, I recommend keeping a little medical diary: note down relevant info like blood test results, any changes you experience w/ the dates they happened, and so on. As well as selfies at least every 3ish months. Changes tend to be fairly ambiguous for selfies within 6 months of each other, but cumulatively, you'll start seeing undeniable changes within 6-12 months which is quite nice to have visually in front of you when it feels like things are taking forever to change.

Also, it may take a while for levels to get where you want them. Took mine nearly a year before they got into the target ranges where T production was being properly suppressed. But it may also be quick: I know a lot of trans folks end up finding they're some degree of intersex, and have levels halfway to the targets before even taking any meds; and some who just get to target levels nearly immediately after the dose is ramped up to the usual amount. So far as I'm aware, there isn't evidence either way on whether it even matters in the long term, so don't stress out about that.

Another very important thing: This is puberty! Your body is growing and changing and adding entire cubic inches of tissue and such to different areas! Eat! A loooot of trans folks unfortunately have eating disorders. In addition to all the other harms of those, the visual changes from hormones come in large part from changes to fat and muscle distribution. Make sure you get enough to eat or your body won't have the fuel it needs for the changes you desire.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 10, 2022, 06:07:52 pm »

Dang this makes me wish even more that I had initial bloodwork.  I declined blockers because "I wasn't in a hurry" but:

In a matter of 1-3 days I felt fantastically less depressed
My 3-month T was already down at 13 on monotherapy, with a good 200-something E level (300 sounds ideal)
My 6-month T was STILL at 13, despite disruptions to my E intake reducing my E level to 90 (and yeah I was mildly depressed again, though less so)

This is increasingly convincing me that my initial T was already very low, along with E.  Would explain some things.
It doesn't really change anything - given the choice between "man" or "woman" I still prefer "neither but I like the E".  Maybe I'd like T instead, but I don't care to find out.  (Though I have always greatly admired trans men, total kings)

Orchiectomy also seems less... useful to me, which is convenient since I was apathetic about it.  Sounds like I'm saving a lot of cash there, being uninsured.
Which leads to something I'd kind of buried...  My parents, naturally I guess, really want grandchildren.  There are a lot of reasons I'd rather adopt but it still kinda stings to disappoint them I guess.  Particularly my mom since she's been so supportive of all this, but my dad has feelings too (even when he expresses them with "jokes").

I guess what I'm saying is that it would be nice if I never had a choice.  I mean I *don't*, it's not something I could or should force, but like... what if I never even had the opportunity at all?  Physically?
I'm surprised at how relieving that possibility feels.

And while that would be more than enough, I *should* still take solace in two things:
I offered to donate gametes and adopt, which I still think was a perfect solution but emotionally it doesn't work for them somehow
My brother isn't infertile.  He's less agreeable than me but that's not my problem, he could use their help!

This is all stuff I already mostly-handled with when I thought I was gay, but the idea that I never had a choice is... annoyingly appealing.  The takeaway is that I don't want to.  I'd get "my tubes tied" right now if I had coverage.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 10, 2022, 06:36:05 pm »

I'm not gonna lie. I... keep low-key wishing I was Transmasc.
I'm AMAB.
Dunno if I've mentioned this on this thread before or not, but, uhm. Yeah. As an AMAB individual, Transmasc people give me gender envy. Not sure what to do with this information.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 10, 2022, 06:43:35 pm »

I don't need to worry overly much about keeping blood results, the tests are kept on the NHS records which I have access to via the app (Doctor's willing to do shared care, so they prescribe and do bloods, the private endo will then interpret them). My everything is within normal ranges for a male, so nothing there going for me.

EDIT: Good news is that I've let my current Jitsu senseis know about me being trans since it's going to become relevant very soon, and they've been supportive.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2022, 06:46:10 pm by Great Order »

Sarai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 10, 2022, 09:06:39 pm »

As an AMAB individual, Transmasc people give me gender envy. Not sure what to do with this information.

Gender is fuckin' weird and complicated. Experimenting with it is usually pretty fun tho
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 70