Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Legacy - Battlefield 1  (Read 5172 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Legacy - Battlefield 1
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2022, 08:39:22 am »

Ominous music plays in the background.
"I've drawn my hand long ago, the outcome already foretold. Your cheap tricks are nothing in the face of true power. I draw!"

"Let the Ritual commence!"

"I draw seven cards. Then I discard 2 of the Endless Horde, my Divine Lambiture, the Praised and Heralding Lamb with their Lamb's Meal, and the Lamb's Gravedigger. The Endless Hordes create copies of themselves in hand and give me two stars, and my Divine Lambiture recruits some new members to my flock! Not only this though, I can play another card!"

+2 Stars from Hordes

"I discard 2 of my Divine Lambiture, 2 of the Endless Horde, 2 Heralding Lamb, and 1 Cult Hypnotist. As before, the ritual continues, the power rises!"

2 More Horde, 2 More Stars. More Numbers!
"Looking a bit scared? You should be. My Numbers have 4 Attack, and they are endless. Sacrifice yourselves for the greater good! From my Divine Lambitual comes the leader of the flock who gathers all under their sway, Heralding Lamb!"

"My numbers are not slow to act, they attack your Maid Boy, and the rest will take all of your Heart! Direct Attack!"
-4Hearts. -4Hearts.-4Hearts. -4Hearts.-4Hearts.

Turn Paused.

"Be grateful for my mercy maid boy. It could have been even worse."

(The card player completely ignored the fact she started with a star for going second.)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 08:46:50 am by TricMagic »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2022, 08:54:07 am »

TricMagic wins the battle.

(Endless Hordes was always broken, but I had forgotten about them when making Divine Lambitual, so kudos to Tric for seeking out a thematic and terrifying game breaker with the legacy cards.)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2022, 09:15:18 am »

"I see. A fad game everyone already forgot about. Nobody would ever see it coming..."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2022, 12:21:28 pm »

(As a side note, a ruling on Lambiture. If 2 go to the discard pile from a single effect, do they both summon two numbers, or just 1+2 numbers?)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2022, 12:26:39 pm »

I'm ruling 1+2— the card effects from discarding are processed sequentially.

Bout 3

TricMagic vs Failbird

TricMagic wins the toss. You may set any alternative arrangements before the match if you wish.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 05:47:39 pm by notquitethere »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2022, 08:47:47 am »

"Defeating that person, quite fun. This match won't be so fast though."

Code: (Tric:Cult) [Select]
Hearts: 20
Stars: 0
Hand: 5
Deck: 34

Field: Heralding Lamb 1/3.

Discard: None

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2022, 06:40:28 pm »

"About that much you're right."

"I play Yandere Maid, and end my turn."

Code: (Fail:Maid) [Select]
Stars: 1
Hand: 5
Spoiler: Field (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Discard (click to show/hide)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2022, 11:45:04 am »

"Quite the card to play. And not one I can keep around."

"My Divine Lambiture brings a new member to the flock. But they won't be around for too long. Become the sacrifice to save your self. My Heralding Lamb sacrifices it, I can play another card, and I get a star. Shocking, is it not? Speaking of..."

Hand: 4
Deck: 33

Field: Heralding Lamb 1/3.

Discard: Divine Lambiture, S-Number/L
« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 11:46:50 am by TricMagic »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2022, 05:49:46 pm »

"Hmmph, fine then." The woman discards a card.

"My Yandere Maid attacks the Heralding Lamb, destroying the lamb and leaving her with one Heart. I end my turn."

« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 08:00:48 pm by Failbird105 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2022, 05:56:33 pm »

"Strange that you withhold your cards. They won't be with you for long."

"With this, two numbers enter the fold. And one shall strik your Yandere while the other strikes you directly!"

-1 Heart.

Deck: 32

Field: S-Number/L: 1X Attack, 1 Heart.

Discard: Divine Lambiture, S-Number/L, Heralding Lamb, Divine Lambiture, S-Number/L

(Fail, I'll point out the discard pile is public knowledge? Unless it's facedown and thus untargetable. I'd have a lot less cards revealed if they were unknown.)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 07:38:05 pm by TricMagic »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2022, 08:21:01 pm »

(Fail, I'll point out the discard pile is public knowledge? Unless it's facedown and thus untargetable. I'd have a lot less cards revealed if they were unknown.)
(I swear I remember that not being the case, especially considering how few people actually show the cards in their discard pile at all)

"Better to hold them then risk the chance they are simply wasted." The woman draws.

"I play a Rifle Maid targeting your remaining Number."

"I end my turn."
Hearts: 19
Deck: 33

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2022, 02:10:11 am »

(Unless a card says otherwise, you don't have to reveal what card is discarded into your discard pile from your hand. There are literally 0 rules about the discard pile, it's all convention. Listing what cards are publicly in your discard can speed up play for some card effects but isn't strictly required.)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2022, 08:26:23 am »

Draws an looks at the card. A creepy smile appears.

"Seems the pieces for the ritual are in place. I play Nanite Cloud and Sacrifice it to play Divine Lambitual. (in attack mode :))

"The Materials are gathered, six shall pass beyond, and 1 shall lead on"

"Having drawn seven, I discard 3 Endless Hordes, my Divine Lambiture, Lamb's Gravedigger, and Lamb's Meal. This recruits 3 new Numbers to the fold, and the endless hordes give me copies of them and 3 stars. I'll then play my Heralding Lamb to lead them."

"One of the numbers takes out the Maid, another attacks directly, then sacrifices itself for my god. This gives me a star and lets me play another card later this turn, after which the last strikes directly!" -4 Hearts, -5 Hearts "I'll play one of the Endless Horde and end my turn."

Stars: 5
Hand: 6
Deck: 24

Field: S-Number/L: XS/1, Heralding Lamb: 1/3, Endless Horde-C: 1/2

Discard: Divine Lambiture, S-Number/L, Heralding Lamb, Divine Lambiture, S-Number/L, Endless Hordesx3-O, Divine Lambiture, Lamb's Gravedigger, Lamb's Meal, S-Number/L, S-Number/L.

(No reason the discard pile shouldn't be public most times.(Pretty sure it was during one time in TCG School when I saw the necromancy deck. Though it's true there is no official rule, most TCGs have the GY/Banish zone known.) Though it usually only matters when cards interact with it I guess. I'm actively hiding some of my new cards in my hand right now, and could have ended it here... Also, someone either needs to ban or review this star gen card, it's busted. Also Nanite Cloud, but less so. It's the first effect I want.)

(I've no clue if shuffling after search cards is a thing either if it's not specifically listed. NQT's judgement on that one, in which case my turn would have to be redone. Rules need clarifications, yeah?) {Please note the outcome might be worse since I might have to use one of my cards in hand rn.}
« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 08:35:51 am by TricMagic »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2022, 10:34:46 am »

(I blame Stirk for not reviewing it when it was literally the card that all but singlehandedly got him 1-turn killed. Anyway, I'll post when I get home but... I don't think I've got much hope of managing anything here.)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2022, 10:37:14 am »

(I blame Stirk for not reviewing it when it was literally the card that all but singlehandedly got him 1-turn killed. Anyway, I'll post when I get home but... I don't think I've got much hope of managing anything here.)

(You know what would have solved this? If you had a bunch of Battleship Maids.)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8