Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 59101 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (11 / 14) - Day 3 - This Always Happens, One Way Or Another
« Reply #1155 on: October 25, 2022, 01:49:17 pm »

(Item): A transferable, mobile ability. Multiple rules apply:
-As a Day action you may choose an Item ability you possess and give it to another player, which resolves at the end of the Day but before the execution.
-You may not give away an Item ability the same Phase you gained it.
-If you die while your role contains an Item ability, it enters the public pool. The public pool is always visible during the Day. As a Day action, you may attempt to retrieve a specific Item ability from the public pool and add it to your role. This resolves at the end of the Day, after the execution. If multiple players go for the same pool-bound Item, nobody gets it.
-If an Item ability is shotted and all of its shots are expended, then it is destroyed after effect resolution.
Wow I'm stupid FoU talked about the public item pool before game start...it's just not in the OP.

If Jim wants I can give him his nuts back today (unless he thinks someone else should have them), I don't really need them. I think that uses up my day ability action, but whatever.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: October 25, 2022, 01:52:19 pm »

That's purrfect mews, Kniighttwiiingg!

Anyway I didn't target you! I was being a tricky kitty.

Nakeen, on N1 I investigated Juicebox. You were one of my top suspects on N2. So tell me...

Do you have sharp claws? Do you have the power to kill, mew? Are the tasty little birdies unsafe around you? Be honest! ~~nyah!

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: October 25, 2022, 02:56:56 pm »

Unvote so Vector isn't hammered. Still waiting to figure out what is going on today.

NJW apparently tried to action me, but got redirected/blocked. As far as I know, no other statuses with me have changed. I've give out another choice, I think the target is still considering, which is a good idea IMO.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: October 25, 2022, 03:05:29 pm »

I didn't try to action you... where are you getting this info?
One wheel short of a wagon

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: October 25, 2022, 03:17:45 pm »

That's purrfect mews, Kniighttwiiingg!

Anyway I didn't target you! I was being a tricky kitty.

Nakeen, on N1 I investigated Juicebox. You were one of my top suspects on N2. So tell me...

Do you have sharp claws? Do you have the power to kill, mew? Are the tasty little birdies unsafe around you? Be honest! ~~nyah!
notquitethere I have a night kill action, but it's tied to my Delay ability as a bonus effect, which I am not able to use. Here is what it does: if I delay a kill action, the next Night I am told so and I can choose to essentially redirect it. It is explicitely stated it counts as a kill action, and I lost my delay if I use the kill component.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: October 25, 2022, 03:25:55 pm »

Unvote so Vector isn't hammered. Still waiting to figure out what is going on today.

NJW apparently tried to action me, but got redirected/blocked. As far as I know, no other statuses with me have changed. I've give out another choice, I think the target is still considering, which is a good idea IMO.
As far I know I am the one who got redirected. I targeted you but Jim forced me to target him.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: October 25, 2022, 03:56:36 pm »

Pawsitively delightful!

I like the fishy, so I was fishing to see which of you I trust least might trip! So... Nakéen admits to sometime being a naughty pussycat... Plausible!

I was having a catnap last night and I did sweet nothing, mew! Even though I didn't see it through, using my claws on D2 meant I had no night action. As no one guessed, but makes purrfect sense if you stop and think about it, the powers I have match my current personality, so I won't have an inspect until you see Mr Roboto again! ~~nyah!

(What will I do tonight?? Lick someone's fur? Get under their feet and trip them up! Meeeee-ow!)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: October 25, 2022, 04:05:16 pm »

It would be nice if the second person that voted me claimed, but they probably won't.

So, someone DID try a kill last night, ON ME. I have an ability that prevents me from being night killed, and it triggered last night.

I have an ability that scrambles a player's targeting. Since I didn't trust how much power Toony had amassed yesterday, I was attempting to use it on him. But I got roleblocked, and almost killed.

I lied a little. I actually tried to kill you. My action was both a roleblock and a kill. I really wanted to eliminate all the WIFOM webadict caused so you had to go too.

Lucky that you survived.

If Jim wants I can give him his nuts back today (unless he thinks someone else should have them), I don't really need them. I think that uses up my day ability action, but whatever.

I don't care, you can keep them or give them to someone else.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: October 25, 2022, 04:11:35 pm »

It would be nice if the second person that voted me claimed, but they probably won't.

So, someone DID try a kill last night, ON ME. I have an ability that prevents me from being night killed, and it triggered last night.

I have an ability that scrambles a player's targeting. Since I didn't trust how much power Toony had amassed yesterday, I was attempting to use it on him. But I got roleblocked, and almost killed.

I lied a little. I actually tried to kill you. My action was both a roleblock and a kill. I really wanted to eliminate all the WIFOM webadict caused so you had to go too.

Lucky that you survived.

So there was probably no second person who targeted you. It was meee.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: October 25, 2022, 04:15:48 pm »

Kay. How many people here have kill actions? Cause it's getting a bit ridiculous. No wonder I have scales.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: October 25, 2022, 04:18:28 pm »

Jim Goovester

Mafia Inventor strikes again.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: October 25, 2022, 04:22:40 pm »

Cuz mafia claims their one shot kills.

EuchreJack.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: October 25, 2022, 04:27:15 pm »

Jim Goovester

Mafia Inventor strikes again.
Try harder Jack.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: October 25, 2022, 04:53:25 pm »

Cuz mafia claims their one shot kills.

EuchreJack.
See, you didn't say that before.

Voting works!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: October 25, 2022, 04:53:59 pm »

N2 Claims

Jack - tried to randomize Toony, got roleblocked, had their protection trigger to survive a kill
Tric - none'd
Knightwing - none'd
Jim - roleblocked and tried to kill Jack
NQT - none'd
NJW - made Toony, Vector, and Nakeen have to target NJW
Toony - tried to watch Jim, watched NJW instead and saw Vector target NJW, stole an item from NJW
TolyK - did something with someone?
Vector - tried to inspect Toony, inspected NJW instead and gave them a negative status, got a town result
juicebox - probably none'd? they claim to have no night actions
Nakéen - tried to delay TolyK, got redirected to NJW and roleblocked

Nobody died at night.

Jack is accusing Jim to be mafia and that Jim tried to kill him last night.

Is Jim a godfather, was Tric's inspect on N1 being messed with, or is Tric in cahoots with Jim?

1. Jim is a godfather
Maybe, I guess it's possible.

2. Tric's inspect is being messed with
We already know NJW bus swapped himself with Jim, so we already cleared up the redirect thanks to NJW. It's still possible another unknown redirect happened though.

3. Tric in cahoots with Jim
Unlikely, Tric tried to inspect NJW on N1, not Jim. If Tric was in cahoots with Jim they would have tried to "inspect" Jim, not NJW.

If Jim is town then mafia chose not to kill or were roleblocked.

Likely players that could have mafiakilled include Jack, Tric, Knightwing, NQT, Juicebox, and Nakeen. (don't know what's fully up with TolyK last night though)

I don't really think mafia choose not to kill here so we can remove Tric, Knightwing, NQT, and Juicebox.

That leaves Jack and Nakeen as players that were roleblocked. I think it's likely one of these players tried to kill and failed.

That's not the main reason I'm voting Jack though. Jack has been scummy this whole game and we need to see him flip.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 113