Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 58818 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (12 / 14) - Day 2 - Awakening To Darker Tides
« Reply #780 on: October 20, 2022, 08:08:09 am »

Toony seemed one of the least likely to be scum, at the time. Also seemed one of the more likely people to agree to the choice (don't recall the exact reason I thought so).
You know me well.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: October 20, 2022, 08:13:21 am »

Aye, as a small addendum, I was being a blundering fool regarding Max, as we know the ole matey's actions (he inspected someone to whatever end) and we know he couldn't soak nobody. So TricMagic and Euchrejack's soaking is still unaccounted for...
My Soak action is supposed to Soak anyone that targets my Soak target plus three other people I target (because fuck me, my actions suck, that's why).  I targeted NJW but got Bussed, and I assume that the Bussing doesn't count for Soaking, but I'll ask Fallacy just in case.  TricMagic getting Soaked now makes sense, since he targeted Jim, so that one's solved.  EuchreJack getting Soaked doesn't unless EuchreJack also targeted Jim.

Did Toony completely miss this post? Also, captain obvious EuchreJack. Getting hit by a wagonful of water is not fun.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: October 20, 2022, 08:29:06 am »

Quote from: Toony Wall
#568 Jim confirms they were soaked by Web...but again NJW bussed Web with himself so Web would have soaked NJW, not Jim.

#557 - Webadict claims their action succeeded and that NJW should have died but didn't, so either someone targeted NJW or NJW is immune to being soaked.

#560 - Webadict claims they soaked Knightwing, Nakeen, and Jim, but not Jack and Tric.

...  Out of order, but bear with me. Do they mean targeted, or soaked. Web claims NJW should have died, which suggests they targeted them. Later on they say my setting Jim on fire saved them. (From Drowning most likely.) How many actions did Webadict do last night?

... Webadict shouldn't know NJW's action at the time? Why do you know that webadict?

As for NJW avoiding the soak, there is a simple answer. The bus and redirectls supersede it in priority. So when they tried to target NJW, they hit Jim after NJW had targeted them. Doesn't explain Euchrejack, but would think someone is lying at the moment.

Of note, the claim that web tracked NJW to them is the result of my misinfo. And is somewhat misleading in structure, given it's me that tracked, not web. Does web get info from the soak?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: October 20, 2022, 08:31:54 am »

The obvious solution to Jack also being soaked is that they are straight up lying. We know there are multi-actions in play, so them targeting another who web did soak makes sense.

The most likely target is Nakeen themselves I suppose. Though could be another of the three...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: October 20, 2022, 08:35:01 am »

Aye, as a small addendum, I was being a blundering fool regarding Max, as we know the ole matey's actions (he inspected someone to whatever end) and we know he couldn't soak nobody. So TricMagic and Euchrejack's soaking is still unaccounted for...
My Soak action is supposed to Soak anyone that targets my Soak target plus three other people I target (because fuck me, my actions suck, that's why).  I targeted NJW but got Bussed, and I assume that the Bussing doesn't count for Soaking, but I'll ask Fallacy just in case.  TricMagic getting Soaked now makes sense, since he targeted Jim, so that one's solved.  EuchreJack getting Soaked doesn't unless EuchreJack also targeted Jim.

Did Toony completely miss this post? Also, captain obvious EuchreJack. Getting hit by a wagonful of water is not fun.
Yes, I mentioned I couldn't find it in my read through of the thread, but clearly you didn't read that because nobody fucking reads anything. I wanted to know how Tric knew how Web's Soaked worked, which Web himself didn't even feel like helping me with, so thank you Tric.

Also,  I wonder why I couldn't find where Web claimed critically important information hmmm maybe because he's posting too fucking much like certain other players?

Imagine if each player needed to contribute an equal amount, do you believe scum would be easier to find? I think so, because players that post too much would need to think more carefully about what to say, and players that post too little would need to expose themselves more to others.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: October 20, 2022, 08:36:46 am »

Quote from: Toony Wall
#568 Jim confirms they were soaked by Web...but again NJW bussed Web with himself so Web would have soaked NJW, not Jim.

#557 - Webadict claims their action succeeded and that NJW should have died but didn't, so either someone targeted NJW or NJW is immune to being soaked.

#560 - Webadict claims they soaked Knightwing, Nakeen, and Jim, but not Jack and Tric.

...  Out of order, but bear with me. Do they mean targeted, or soaked. Web claims NJW should have died, which suggests they targeted them. Later on they say my setting Jim on fire saved them. (From Drowning most likely.) How many actions did Webadict do last night?

... Webadict shouldn't know NJW's action at the time? Why do you know that webadict?

As for NJW avoiding the soak, there is a simple answer. The bus and redirectls supersede it in priority. So when they tried to target NJW, they hit Jim after NJW had targeted them. Doesn't explain Euchrejack, but would think someone is lying at the moment.

Of note, the claim that web tracked NJW to them is the result of my misinfo. And is somewhat misleading in structure, given it's me that tracked, not web. Does web get info from the soak?
This is addressed in the same post you are quoting.

Read

The

Entire

Before

Posting

Bullshit

And

Wasting

Everyone's

Time

Jesus

Christ

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: October 20, 2022, 08:44:35 am »

Well sorry it's so giant. Posting will continue until comprehension improves. I am almost done reading said post.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: October 20, 2022, 08:47:49 am »

Toony, why are you mad about people posting?  You've posted more than anyone.  Actually, that might be me, but you and I are first and second, so it's hypocritical of you to complain.

Anyway, I'll post reads soon.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: October 20, 2022, 08:50:32 am »

As a question, is it possible web and vector pantomimed the mod mistake to make vector seem town? Sure, the ability may actually exist, but they just used it as a method to kill Max with none the wiser. Played it by ear when the chance came up.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: October 20, 2022, 08:54:37 am »

That's a Day 3 or 4 kind of speculation, Bo'sun Tric. Let's deal with straightforward hypothesis first off. Web and Vector are always doing meta reads, savvy?

Arr, Webadict you scurvy lubber, I'm waiting on some answers from me last few posts. Hop to!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: October 20, 2022, 08:55:43 am »

@Tric:
What's the point of writing a post midway through reading someone's post? I really don't understand how you think.

Jack for now.

PPE:
Toony, why are you mad about people posting?  You've posted more than anyone.  Actually, that might be me, but you and I are first and second, so it's hypocritical of you to complain.

Anyway, I'll post reads soon.
Because nobody is reading anything and even I can't find everything so there's a problem. I heavily dislike how difficult Web and NQT have made this game to understand. I hate miscommunication because there's no upside. I don't trust NQT so I want to understand the game by collecting my own thoughts on events/claims.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: October 20, 2022, 08:56:29 am »

As a question, is it possible web and vector pantomimed the mod mistake to make vector seem town? Sure, the ability may actually exist, but they just used it as a method to kill Max with none the wiser. Played it by ear when the chance came up.
No, it looks genuine to me.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: October 20, 2022, 09:01:03 am »

Here's the thing, Tric.  You said NJW targeted me.  I got a Revive through mod error.  I assumed NJW gave me a revive.

Toony says that it was obvious that Knightwing Redirected me.  I had received a Revive at that point.  Redirects do not imply getting a Revive.  Busses do.  Toony and NJW refuse to accept this as a fact even though it is obvious.  Would you like to ask Fallacy what happens in the event of a mod error?  Personally, this flows perfectly:

I received Revive.
Max died.
Knightwing claimed Redirect.
I assume Bus because I still have Revive.
I assume Mafia NK me.  This should prove I'm Town.
Tric says NJW targets me.  I assume NJW gives revive and is Town.
I remember things and realize Jim is target.  Therefore Jim is Town.
Vector claims inspect.  I assume that means nothing.
Fallacy then says mod error, takes Revive away.
I am sad, but then assume Vector does Inspect.
I also assume that Mafia NK Max.  Sufficient evidence that Knightwing action was not properly processed => Max NK target.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: October 20, 2022, 09:05:45 am »

Well for one, it looks engaging. :)

I always do that when I wake up and post. Give my thoughts on posts from last night, try and figure out where the conversation went. Just happened that yours was literally most of it. Night two is still as clear as a storm though.

We've seem to have wasted a lot of time in mechanics NQT. My next question is thus... Lost my train of thought. Right, Behavorial. Who's mixing things, trying to push lynches, and who's being lynched. Also who's quiet, so Nakeen. I get we got a lot of posts, but the Lurker cannon won't lie once webadict actually fires it. Get to it webadict!

Way too early apparently. But I'm just low energy right now.

Ninweb. So it does...

Right, off for a bit. Check back in a bit.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: October 20, 2022, 09:05:49 am »

You're stupid then Web and should have found getting the Revive strange, not go "ah Knightwing described a redirect but actually meant bus even though Toony and Nakeen reiterated it was a redirect but that would be THREE posts for me to read and I have no intention to read player's posts because I don't care and want to cause confusion with NQT and get in a shitshow with NJW look at me!".
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 113