Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 58249 times)

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (14 / 14) - Day 1 - The Game Begins, Every Drake In Their Place
« Reply #150 on: October 13, 2022, 04:22:21 pm »

I am a Dragon. I burn people, among other things. What those things are are something you're have to find out, but at least my actions are known!

Seriously though, On Fire.
Yes, my Flareon also has access to a certain status condition.  Does it do anything for you?  Because it literally doesn't look like it does anything for me, hence the confusion.
Odd. And yeah, it does do something. It kills people. Not much way to pretty that point up.

... Wonder if anyone else has the ability to set it off. Well, maybe mafia will try to kill me, but unlikely given nearly everything I do sets people on fire.
Tric, why would mafia ever think to kill you if you're only advertising the negative utility of your role?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 13, 2022, 04:23:32 pm »

Tric, why would mafia ever think to kill you if you're only advertising the negative utility of your role?
Bad vote.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 13, 2022, 04:25:47 pm »

Okay, we get it, Euchre, you're Town.
Is he though?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 13, 2022, 04:27:27 pm »

Is he though?
Do you not think so?  Seems pretty similar to his WebSup game.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 13, 2022, 04:27:48 pm »

Nah, it ain't TricMagic, we're not doing the vote out TricMagic thing people do when they're lazy.
The game just started and Tric has barely done anything yet. What do we gain from shutting down any suspicion on Tric so early into the game? That just prevents town from naturally coming to their own conclusions.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 13, 2022, 04:28:01 pm »

Readslist:
ToonyMan - 100% Town:  We all know he's good, right?  Like, it's obvious to everyone, right?  Am I confused here?  No, it's the kids who are wrong.
TricMagic - 99.8% Town:  TricMagic tried to sell me drugs but it turned out to be Wonka Nerds.  Then he claimed to be a crazed murderpath.
EuchreJack - 97% Town:  EuchreJack more like...  He's Town, stfu, just look at his posts.
Nakeen - 95% Town:  Easy read.  Pocket the noob and get outta here.
Vector - 80% Town:  If you don't think they're Town, you're scum looking for an easy vote, lmao.  But, if you start the vote, I'll bandwagon them sooooo hard, legit, try me.
NJW200 - 75% Town:  Only because Toony said so.  Bad takes are a sign of being Town.
TolyK - 32.33% (repeating of course):  Keeps pulling those FUCKING WHELPS! 50DKP MINUS!  Also, prooooobably not scum, but I'm putting them here because it's funny.  I could've also done 69%.
Knightwing64 - 100% Pure Love:  You'll never have to run away.  Also, they claimed Miller, which fits within my role, but also is Town to do.
Jim Groovester - 20% Scum:  More like Gym Groovester, amirite, also he hasn't posted meta-analysis and it's 14 hours in wtfffffffffffff
Maximum Spin - 30% Scum:  He's trying to spin doctor this shit, it's in his name, also he could be a little more helpful, I know what his game is.  That, and he didn't claim Miller, which he'd absolutely do as Town.
notquitethere - 40% Scum:  I stopped running out of care around this point, sorta feels like he's talking but he's not saying anything, also robots don't feel anything, so he won't be sad if he gets elimmed.
Roden - 50% Scum:  I'm really only here because he's easy to sit on as a miselim, but no one really went for it so it made me think he might actually be scum, but maybe I'm leveling myself.

juicebox - 999% Don't really know:  One punch and he'll reset.

I'd be okay voting out Max, nqt, and Roden right now.  Or juicebox, but that's a coward vote.

PPE:
@Web I still think that you're protesting a bit too much for one pressure vote, which could just be intended to get more activity out of Tric. Why not wait for Tric's response, to see if NQT is going to keep after them?
Because TricMagic is Town.

This isn't rocket surgery.  Anyone voting TricMagic is wrong.  End o' discussion.  If you think TricMagic is scum, you're wrong, and you have to go through me first.  Same with ToonyMan, EuchreJack, and Nakeen.  That's all there is to it.

But, let's spin this around on you:  How am I protesting too much?  You can use examples, if you'd like, or I can pretend like you have evidence if it'd make you feel better.

Firstly there's your reaction to NQT's post. You reacted to a pressure by saying that you didn't want a Tric lynch D1. Town or no, that's a strong reaction to one pressure vote. Then there's your insistence on defending Tric, saying that anyone who wants to go after Tric will have to go after you first. All this for someone who hasn't (at least to me) been 100% cleared yet.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 13, 2022, 04:32:40 pm »

Which posts?

Why don't you quote those so it'll look like I'm being too defensive of TricMagic.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 13, 2022, 04:39:39 pm »

To be honest Juice, I barely remember you, also.

With your meter punched now, why exactly are you looking to lynch me? You'd need to find a partner, and right now there aren't many candidates Juicebox. Doesn't matter if I'm cleared or not. As it stands, my actions are confirmable, you know what I do at knight. And yeah, I get lynched while I'm asleep a lot as town. It's an easy day 1 lynch that doesn't give too much away, but I tend to use that myself to find out who's scum. (Admittedly, to varying degrees of success, but I manage sometimes!)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 13, 2022, 04:41:06 pm »

To be honest Juice, I barely remember you, also.

With your meter punched now, why exactly are you looking to lynch me? You'd need to find a partner, and right now there aren't many candidates Juicebox. Doesn't matter if I'm cleared or not. As it stands, my actions are confirmable, you know what I do at knight. And yeah, I get lynched while I'm asleep a lot as town. It's an easy day 1 lynch that doesn't give too much away, but I tend to use that myself to find out who's scum. (Admittedly, to varying degrees of success, but I manage sometimes!)

Always messing up..

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 13, 2022, 04:46:00 pm »

Your actions aren't confirmable to anyone who doesn't know what status effects are relevant to your role, or what any of them mean, or what burning things even does. Nor does it take into account Multitasking or abilities that combine a lethal and non-lethal action into one.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 13, 2022, 04:49:13 pm »

Is he though?
Do you not think so?  Seems pretty similar to his WebSup game.
I forgot about his opening posts right at day start, yeah I guess those are overly excited.

I was thinking of this one at the time which I don't like since he doesn't actually vote Juicebox and seems kind of cool and forced.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 13, 2022, 04:50:06 pm »

Your actions aren't confirmable to anyone who doesn't know what status effects are relevant to your role, or what any of them mean, or what burning things even does. Nor does it take into account Multitasking or abilities that combine a lethal and non-lethal action into one.
Yeah, but...it's Tric.

Hey Tric, who's definitely town right now?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 13, 2022, 04:51:42 pm »

ToonyMan - 100% Town:  We all know he's good, right?  Like, it's obvious to everyone, right?  Am I confused here?  No, it's the kids who are wrong.
Uh, no, no! Webadict is more town! He's 101% town!

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 13, 2022, 04:52:09 pm »

Also Tric, whenever you die in your sleep, it's typically because the people you trusted to defend you just say "fuck it, vote him out" instead of pushing a vote they actually want. And they're not always scum either.

You can get town read through your meta of "my role my role my role", but meta doesn't matter to everyone. You're a lot less likely to get voted out when you focus less on your role and instead make your thoughts and attempts to solve more well known.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 13, 2022, 04:57:36 pm »

Yeah, but...it's Tric.

Hey Tric, who's definitely town right now?
This line of thought of "oh that's just how Tric is" is a major reason he gets miseliminated so often though. Like that may be enough for a core four people who play with him so often, but that still leaves everyone else. It creates this weird situation where people have to read Tric by also reading some combination of you/Web/Max/Jim, which is just...not feasible, at all.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 113