Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Legacy Tournament - FINISHED  (Read 16216 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Legacy Tournament - Entrants 6/?
« Reply #165 on: October 19, 2022, 04:30:23 pm »

NQT wins the bout. Failbird and NQT go on to their design phase.

Spoiler: Rankings (click to show/hide)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 19, 2022, 04:35:03 pm »

I honestly don't even have the energy to design cards right now. All I have in my head is how bad the Food Deck is and the half dozen things that would be needed to make it decent that I can't make nearly enough of per turn. I can't even decide what to ban or review or whatever since I want to ban and review both too much to decide.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 19, 2022, 04:39:48 pm »

I honestly don't even have the energy to design cards right now. All I have in my head is how bad the Food Deck is and the half dozen things that would be needed to make it decent that I can't make nearly enough of per turn. I can't even decide what to ban or review or whatever since I want to ban and review both too much to decide.

Dude it is just a silly card game.

There isn't' even like a prize for winning
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 19, 2022, 04:42:11 pm »

Doesn't making getting bodied any less demoralizing. (Give us Team G's weakness)

NQT, sent my deck to Failbird if that's okay?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 19, 2022, 05:06:57 pm »

Go ahead and take a break FB, I'm sure you'll return with renewed verve. No hurry with the design phase if you're sitting out next combat round.

NQT, sent my deck to Failbird if that's okay?
Your deck list? That's fine. It's just to check you have a legal deck after all, so it doesn't really matter who checks it. Just remember not to stock multiple of a single unique or anything like that.

I'm going to go ahead and ban Join The Cause. I could have reviewed it into a sensible card, but I'm going to give myself less work by banning it instead.

Spoiler: Banned Cards (click to show/hide)

Stirk, are you ready to face me in a combat phase or are you still designing cards?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 19, 2022, 05:13:38 pm »

Fate has apparently decided to mess with me today. Telescope, really?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 19, 2022, 05:28:20 pm »

Sweet, you've played the Tarot. I really like these side deck cards. Just a reminder for everyone else, I posted the rules for how Glow and the Tarot Deck work earlier:

New keywords:
Nonsurpise: When you start the game with this card or it enters your hand, reveal it from your hand. (This is an old keyword from 1st gen that Flabort's Terrain deck cards all have.)

Glow: Glow cards have Nonsurprise, no hearts, star, or attack value, and cannot enter the field by any means. A player using a card effects which target random or opponent-chosen cards in an opponent's hand can always target a specific glow card in their hand instead (e.g. an effect says "your opponent discards a card of their choice" can be used to discard a specific Glow card instead).

Side Deck: some cards allow a player to draw from a side deck of cards. This deck is treated like any other deck of cards (e.g. once a card is drawn from it, it is removed from the deck for the duration of the game). If more than one players interact with a side deck of the same name, they draw from the same deck (not two identical decks). Unless otherwise stated, a side deck includes one copy of every card made for that deck.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 19, 2022, 05:34:15 pm »

Cards sent in, mindgames less fun when you know my card's effects :(
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 19, 2022, 05:36:54 pm »

To be fair, might draw Telescope against you, given there are only ten cards in the tarot right now. It's a lot of work!.
Given how my deck works, likely all my cards are going to get revealed from that if I can't steal it quick enough.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 19, 2022, 05:39:30 pm »

Cards sent in, mindgames less fun when you know my card's effects :(
If it's any reassurance, I'm pretty good at forgetting what each player can do. Especially with all these maids running around.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 19, 2022, 05:53:41 pm »

Habe the maid Unlimited Maid Works yet? Yes. And thought black cards were illegal.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 19, 2022, 05:59:50 pm »

And thought black cards were illegal.
Only in the other game. I don't see a problem with black background and white text.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 19, 2022, 06:09:03 pm »

Well, should note every black cards with white text from prep school is Illegal. Since Professor Means cards truly do not care for stuff like balance or fairness.

Also of note, [Limited] cards differ from [Unique] cards in that their limit is 2.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 19, 2022, 06:12:25 pm »

Got it. When I get a moment, I'll add them all to the ban list. I can see they're meant to be NPC boss cards.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 19, 2022, 07:23:54 pm »

Is anyone surprised I burn through this deck quickly? Can one crab dude beat through fast enough to win. Does Nanite Swarm shuffle the deck or not? Find out next time on Dragon Cult CYOCGTCG!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26