Poll

Why did the Bunny cross the road?

Madness
- 3 (75%)
Curiosity
- 1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Forum Runner 3.5: Rise of the Second Ear-a | After-Show Interview  (Read 5151 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Forum Runner 3: Trial One
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2022, 10:28:33 pm »

(If you could use your chosen font color Contestants, that will make you easier to follow In-Game.)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Runner 3: The Hare-Raisingly Overdue, Threequel
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2022, 05:37:01 pm »

I'm going to nominate Nirur Torir.
They were one of the most active and clever players in my original Bay12 Gridhood Game, and they are still using these forums to this day.
Thanks for the nomination, but I think I'll have to wait and see more of what this is, and how it goes, before I accept.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Forum Runner 3: The Hare-Raisingly Overdue, Threequel | Trial One
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2022, 03:33:09 pm »

MadMonkey and I are toying with the idea of players gaining a skill for the next game based on if they won or lost the last one. Not sure if a winner bonus, underdog bonus, or both.

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2022, 03:48:24 pm »

MadMonkey and I are toying with the idea of players gaining a skill for the next game based on if they won or lost the last one. Not sure if a winner bonus, underdog bonus, or both.

I'm starting to lean toward underdog bonus.
Read Losing is Fun! https://losingisfun.org/

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2022, 03:52:29 pm »

I'm starting to lean toward underdog bonus.

I do like the idea of encouraging a close game.

...but, if this gets down to the 5th trial and the one with an underdog bonus wins, it may cheapen the win, and the whole tournament.

Perhaps a winner bonus when the game is tied??

Or maybe just no UB wen tied.

(Clarification: by skills/bonus we mean something themed on the conclusion of the last game, like if you saved an a heard of animals, you keep one as a mount.)

Occurs to me "no UB when tied" may have  been self evident... (˵ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°˵)

It's an interesting idea, maybe next time.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 04:12:00 pm by RoseHeart »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2022, 03:59:36 pm »

Half of the trial is done, let's see how our contestants are doing:
TricMagic recalls the adventurer early to equip them with a much needed item. This means they make nothing on the expedition. Will future profits outweigh the costs?
Dunamisdeos joins as a minor partner with an established cartel. They seem to know what they're doing. What could possibly go wrong?
Find out on... FORUM RUNNER!
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2022, 01:57:19 pm »

A daring plan has been hatched by the Chamark Cartography Guild. Profits shall be acquired via the arena. None can oppose our wealthy doings and such. Huzzah.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2022, 07:02:14 pm »

To note, I kina thought it would all be forum based? I have no practice in the fortressmancy of dwarf fortress, an aversion to trying the system, and a fundamental dislike of the gameplay. Funny to read occasionally sure, but I've got no clue where to even start to install and play such an will undoubtedly die before an in-game week is up.

Also stress, stress is bad. Dunamisdeos, how's your side of things on that game? (Seriously, that PM reads like lunarian to me.)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2022, 08:16:26 pm »

No problem TricMagic, I asked MadMonkey to contact you both in advance about this, incase there were any issues. We'll figure out an entirely forum based method to create your characters. Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 08:40:22 pm by RoseHeart »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2022, 03:30:35 am »

And the trial is complete!
TricMagic is the winner, having nearly doubled his initial investment.
Dunamisdeos has somehow lost money on this venture.

Edit 1: calculated CCG's assets based on previous turn. They are actually slightly lower.
Edit 2: missed one indenture (I was wondering how they dropped so much.)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 05:11:11 am by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think you haven't taken into account that Tricmagic has to pay off a rather large dept?
edit: wait, I see, it's taken into account.

In any case, sorry for the loss Duna. That arena gamble was unlucky. Happy to have you in the group, though.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 07:08:01 am by Quarque »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

It's really hard to pin down the value here, since while Tim has to transfer 50% to TAC up until they've repaid 4.6 more florins, they also receive insurance in return (which I could see costing 10-20% of the loot)
I would deduct 2.3 florins for that contract obligation by GM fiat, but (A) That would not change the outcome, and more importantly (B) I already outlined how wealth is calculated and I completely forgot to mention contracts.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll point out my adventurer's base value is apparently 2.5 florins rather than the 3 florins I paid. (Paying that much means they'd have needed to take a loan to outbid me.)

That said, there isn't any indication I won't be able to pay off the contract anyway, and such was never mentioned in the rules.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio

Hopefully, this was a clean stopping point.

The contestants will need to be able to focus on Trial Two, which will begin soon. (Maybe they can make a will or something)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 11:11:51 am by RoseHeart »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(I'm still here though.)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6