Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Traditional Storytelling Thread  (Read 278 times)

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
The Traditional Storytelling Thread
« on: September 15, 2022, 10:10:05 am »

Tell one!
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: The Traditional Storytelling Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2022, 10:11:46 am »

Once there was an ugly barnacle, he was so ugly that EVERYONE DIED. The End.

Was the story helpful?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2022, 11:04:06 am »

Once upon a time there was a small dwarf who went out into the world. He came to a pond and decided to take a small dip. But he couldn't swim, which he soon learned.

He drowned.

The End

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2022, 12:55:24 pm »

A frog and a scorpion stand on the edge of a river, both intending to cross it. Not having the ability to swim, the scorpion asks the frog; ''Can you carry me behind your back?''

The frog says; ''If I do so, you will sting me, and we will both drown.''

Scorpion replies; ''I promise I won't sting you if you carry me across.''

And the frog reluctantly agrees to help him.

Just as they got to the middle of the river, frog feels a sharp pain on its back. It turns to the scorpion with last of its strength, and says;

''You fool! Now we will both surely drown!''

The scorpion replies;

''lol''

''lmao''

And both of them surely drown.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2022, 05:28:31 am »

Once upon a time some stuff happened and people died, then the people that didn't die went home. The end.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2022, 10:50:06 pm »

Once upon a time some stuff happened and people died, then the people that didn't die went home. The end.

... of the beginning
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2022, 11:10:12 pm »

Once upon a time there was a large and prosperous Kingdom run by a wise and powerful King. Then disaster struck in the form of a strange plague, which caused people to sicken and die horribly within a few weeks. The population of the Kingdom was declining rapidly. All the physicians in the land were called to the Kingdom, but none of them had any idea of what to do about this new disease.
The oldest of the physicians said that he had once heard that many years ago, when his grandfather was a boy, the Kingdom had been struck by just such a mysterious sickness. The pestilence had been ended with a magic potion prepared by an old sorceress. It was said that she was still alive, but her home was in the middle of the Dark Forest.
“The Dark Forest!” everyone gasped. They all knew that the Dark Forest was the most dangerous place in the region. Perhaps the most dangerous place in the entire world, for in the Dark Forest lived the Yellow Fingers, which grabbed any traveler who entered and would squeeze him to death. But no one could come up with another plan to save the Kingdom, so it was decided that someone had to defy the Yellow Fingers and find the ancient sorceress in the middle of the Dark Forest.
The King called his bravest Knight and explained the situation. Without hesitation, the brave Knight marched off into the forest ... and was never heard from again.
The King then called his second bravest Knight. The second bravest Knight hesitated for a moment before going into the fatal forest. But once he went in ... and was never heard from again.
So the King called his third and fourth bravest Knights, who took a bit more persuading. None of them ever returned from the forest. Finally the remaining Knights, who were not very brave at all, went into hiding.
The King was reduced to a state of despair. Then one of the King’s young pages, came to him and offered to go into the Dark Forest and get the magic potion from the old sorceress.
The King was touched by the boy’s foolish bravery, but he said, “Don’t you realize that the Dark Forest is the home of the Yellow Fingers, and that many of my bravest Knights have perished there?”
The boy said that he knew all about it, but he was still quite sure that he would be able to accomplish his mission. In the end the King reluctantly agreed to let the page go. He was so desperate that he didn’t know what else to do.
The Page walked off into the Dark Forest, and the King confidently expected never to see him again. Therefore the King was not merely surprised but very nearly hysterical with joy when, two days later, the Page came walking out of the Dark Forest clutching the formula for the magic potion that would save the Kingdom.
“How did you do it?” cried the King
The page just smiled, and said:
 “From now on let your Pages do the walking through the Yellow Fingers.”
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.