Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 2 (Team G) Design Thread  (Read 18767 times)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 2 (Team G) Design Thread
« Reply #210 on: September 19, 2022, 02:51:18 pm »

I just looooove dragons UwU. It so sad that I didn’t designed a dragon card, but it’s a mature decision to make sure my teammates had access to a good card.
You know, you aren't required to tell the other team what kind of cards we did or did not design.
Which is to say, you really shouldn't.
I have edited the OPSEC out and will avoid it all cost in the future, I feel like if I’m scared of the 10/7 Firebases, I’m not completely out because I have some outs with Unintentionals and Organ Harvests. The strategy seems simple to me, control the board, then utilize Pacifist Waifu for her stats for the Mountains.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 19, 2022, 03:01:28 pm »

As an aside, it's pretty funny that their new reveal-three-cards card is basically showing us what we need to worry about. These cards would both do well in our own deck:

If we build a steal-a-card-from-your-player's-deck, we could get Gateless Gate, play it on PGW, then go to town.

This is only playable with Gateless, right? Otherwise it just does nothing?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 19, 2022, 03:02:07 pm »

So, in light of being face-down possibly not being a reliable way to avoid death, I made this janky hack:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It seems a bit weak to me, but I'm not sure what would be a good way of making it stronger. Hmm, maybe boosting the attack?
Long Live United Forenia!

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 19, 2022, 03:21:24 pm »

So, in light of being face-down possibly not being a reliable way to avoid death, I made this janky hack:
It seems a bit weak to me, but I'm not sure what would be a good way of making it stronger. Hmm, maybe boosting the attack?
I don't think you need to make it played face-down? That just kinda sounds like an extra step. You could just make it activate on-play, since it doesn't have any effect that would actually relate to it being face down.

Also, good lord, where the hell are all my PGWs. Or even my Sweeps. I have two of both and I'm nearly half-way through my deck, but I haven't drawn either one. I'm not playing MoB without at least a couple Sweepers in the Grave
Spoiler: Turn 5 Hand (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Turn 6 Hand (click to show/hide)
Sweet jesus. I've drawn half my deck and somehow half of that was Refinery and Harvest
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 05:47:51 pm by Failbird105 »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 19, 2022, 03:39:21 pm »

Playing it face down lets you have it on standby, so it doesn't use a later turn... although, maybe it would be simpler to just have it not count towards 1-card-per-turn.

E:
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 06:06:52 pm by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 19, 2022, 06:09:01 pm »

Important question Supernerd: do Tokens go to the graveyard, or are they removed from the game on discarding?

Spoiler: Turn 8 Hand (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 06:17:03 pm by Failbird105 »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 19, 2022, 06:14:50 pm »

I'm going to say that a token would go to the graveyard.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 19, 2022, 06:28:00 pm »

I'm going to say that a token would go to the graveyard.

Tric destroys a Sweeper
Hook.

Spoiler: Turn 9 Hand (click to show/hide)
God I should have put more PGWs in my fucking deck.

Edit:
also, I'm going to be very disappointed if any of you play a Mountain before I get my chance to do my big play on Tric. Just as soon as I DRAW A GODDAMNED GUNSLINGER FOR FUCKS SAKE

Spoiler: Turn 10 Hand (click to show/hide)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 07:10:57 pm by Failbird105 »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 19, 2022, 06:56:58 pm »

If you wish to know my hand

Spoiler: Turn 2 Hand (click to show/hide)

As you see I’m going for an Unintentional+Hell-Broth play

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 19, 2022, 08:52:26 pm »

Spoiler: Turn 11 Hand (click to show/hide)

I hate this program. I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it.
It is now a more than 1-in-6 chance I draw PGW. At this rate I'm going to lose just because I whittle my options down to 0 and Hearts down to 11 just desperately waiting for even a single one to be drawn only to find out they have some kind of I Win button to counter the Mountain.

I beg of you all, please, if you have the Mountain, please do not play it until I've gotten to do my big PGW play against Tric, I want this to be as unexpected as possible.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 09:03:47 pm by Failbird105 »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 19, 2022, 09:13:01 pm »

Your game is the only one moving faster than a snails pace, I don't think that will be a problem.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 19, 2022, 09:31:40 pm »

*Card Name: Cyberpunk Waifu
*Card Picture:
*Background Color: Pink/Indigo
Attack:
Hearts:
Stars: 2+
Card Effect: Gain one Attack and Heart every time you draw a card.
Flavor Text: Chrome up choom
Metadata: A card to work with Backfire.
Reference: I was into gun lolis before it was cool. An anime about a game that is better than the game in every way and even manages to make the stupid yellow jacket cool. Card upgrades itself with cybernetics when you have the cash (draw the cards)

Might need to change it to "or" but a lot of OP stuff makes it through so I don't know.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 19, 2022, 10:03:05 pm »

*Card Picture:
Attack:
Hearts:
Reference: I was into gun lolis before it was cool. An anime about a game that is better than the game in every way and even manages to make the stupid yellow jacket cool. Card upgrades itself with cybernetics when you have the cash (draw the cards)

Might need to change it to "or" but a lot of OP stuff makes it through so I don't know.
I approve this card, Rebecca even fits The City's aesthetic. I'd perhaps recommend putting the "if 'and' is to OP then instead make it 'or'" part into the metadata though.

Edit: I would also say that making her yellow would give her a free Draw in The City, but frankly I feel like the color based region features are too restrictive for aesthetics
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 10:32:13 pm by Failbird105 »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 19, 2022, 10:36:14 pm »

*Card Picture:
Attack:
Hearts:

I approve this card, Rebecca even fits The City's aesthetic. I'd perhaps recommend putting the "if 'and' is to OP then instead make it 'or'" part into the metadata though.

Edit: I would also say that making her yellow would give her a free Draw in The City, but frankly I feel like the color based region features are too restrictive for aesthetics

Why don't we make a card that effectively changes the color of other cards? Just to get notquitethere off our back and to disrupt the Maiden's color scheme. Something like "All cards on the field, in player's hands, in the graveyard, and in the deck all count as one color of the player's choice for the rest of the game".

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 19, 2022, 10:39:45 pm »

Why don't we make a card that effectively changes the color of other cards? Just to get notquitethere off our back and to disrupt the Maiden's color scheme. Something like "All cards on the field, in player's hands, in the graveyard, and in the deck all count as one color of the player's choice for the rest of the game".
Identity Fragment has that as part of its features, though it's only one card at a time.

Identity Fragment- Select a card in your control and then a currently banished card. The first card's effect is replaced by that of the second card, and it gains the banished card's creature types and background color. 'On play' effects gained this way activate immediately.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33