Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26

Author Topic: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Game Over - Scum Win  (Read 19472 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Game Over - Scum Win
« on: August 25, 2022, 02:51:45 pm »

Procedurally Generated Mafia 4

Proc-Gen Mafia is a normal game of mafia except that the role powers are procedurally generated using the source found here.

You could call the setup semi-open in design, as the source code for the generator will be public at the start of the game. The previous game can be read here. Previous version of the game used this generator.

Players will be given roles that look like this:

-Black Inspectist: You can kill all players targeting all players targeting a random player's target's target's target's target. Your kills cannot be protected or be immunised against. Action: superkill.
-One-shot CPRor: Upon dying for the first time, you will revive without flipping. While you are alive, each other player's night action has a 75% chance of affecting a random player
-Mad Frameup: You will take on the role of the first person to die. You have two abilities: up to twice per night you can befriend another player, or each day you can voteblock all players targeting all players targeting a random player's target. Actions: befriend, voteblock. You are a third-party: you win when all other players are dead
-Purple Stalkling: You can learn the actions owned of another player's target. Action: inspect
-Beta Jesrate: If zombie urist is killed, the player responsible will die. Up to twice per day you learn the role PM of the next upcoming role in the setup, but not who has it. Actions: (auto)cheat
-Insane Guardor: A random player of the same alignment can vote twice. You have two abilities: each night you can guard a third of the players, or up to twice per night you can curse a random player. Actions: guard, curse.
-Allilante Invenbor: If you are killed, all the players will give away their role to a random player of a different alignment. Once per day you can receive a list of half the third parties left in the game. Action: Census.
-Police Backnet: You can prime all the players, or ignite all the cursed targets. Actions: Prime/Ignite
- Doubleup Deephealer: You can feed a target's target each night, which will either CPR them or infect them (25/75 chance). Actions: Bake

Spoiler: Mafia Rules (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Roles (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Power Clarifications (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Action Resolution (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Testing the Code (click to show/hide)

Players:
- Maximum Spin
- ToonyMan
- TricMagic
- KnightWing64
- NJW2000
- Jim Groovester
- FallacyofUrist
- Hector13

Link to final post.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 04:38:10 am by notquitethere »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Pre-Game Testing Phase
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2022, 02:57:26 pm »

Not entirely sure how to use it..

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2022, 03:01:20 pm »

Take the source code which can be found here and paste the text into the editor which can be found here. That will generate a bunch of roles. You can set the options to generate more.

(The initial source was broken due to a last minute change I made but now should work.)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2022, 03:05:08 pm »

Hey, another one of these, I'd like to play. I think the first one was my very first one here, wasn't it?

I don't have time to contribute to this phase right now though. I'll try to later.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2022, 03:08:43 pm »

I don't think I've been in any of these.

I'll join...

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2022, 03:09:37 pm »

There are a number of differences between this edition and the last. Firstly, there are a lot more possible role actions. Secondly, the role names can but don't always refer to the role actions in that role. Third, it's very possible to get multiple different abilities.

Here's a power I just generated which has many different features and is all one role:

Code: [Select]
[i]Madist Towndriver[/i]: As long as you are alive, Dariush cannot be watched during the night. You will show up as 'third party' when inspected and on roleflip (with this ability blanked out)

As long as you are dead, zombie urist cannot be copied during the night. While you are alive, each other player's night action has a 25% chance of affecting a random player of the same alignment

You are a Multiple User Personality. Each night you can MUP half the players targeting notquitethere: this will either watch, poison, protect or do nothing. Action: MUP

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2022, 03:10:28 pm »

I'm only recieving ((origin)) things in the output.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2022, 03:13:02 pm »

I'm only recieving ((origin)) things in the output.
Refresh the source page to make sure you're definitely getting the latest output. When you paste it into the editor, get rid of all text which is in the editor by default (forgot to mention that step).

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2022, 03:17:38 pm »

Two Step Method For Testing The Source Code

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2022, 03:18:02 pm »

Wolf Shield: Upon dying for the first two times, you will revive without flipping, and, if third-party, you will become a town-ally. You have two abilities: each night you can block another player, or each night you can curse another player's target. Actions: block, curse.

Odd.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2022, 03:24:25 pm »

Wolf Shield: Upon dying for the first two times, you will revive without flipping, and, if third-party, you will become a town-ally. You have two abilities: each night you can block another player, or each night you can curse another player's target. Actions: block, curse.

Odd.
The 'and if third-party' is only there if the role was generated as a third-party (which it wasn't but through various mechanisms a third-party could end up having this role). It's modelled after 'Saulus' type roles in Xylbot.

Other than that, the role is just a bit OP.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2022, 03:26:40 pm »

"eavesdroped" should be "eavesdropped" and you're missing end punctuation in some cases (but you probably saw that since you've already quoted some).

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2022, 03:30:03 pm »

"eavesdroped" should be "eavesdropped" and you're missing end punctuation in some cases (but you probably saw that since you've already quoted some).
The punctuation thing I will probably fix. Bad spelling for some past tense words is an unfortunate side effect of the generation method (automatically making words past tense) and will be cleaned up when I send out the role.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2022, 03:30:32 pm »

So, IN?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Pre-Game Testing Phase & Signups [3/?]
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2022, 11:15:40 pm »

Bugger it, I’ll in. I can’t do any testing as my phone evidently can’t highlight enough characters to paste it into the editor.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26