Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22

Author Topic: Armed Forces Mafia - Game Over Mafia Win!  (Read 17009 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Armed Forces Mafia (Five out of Nine surviving) - Day 2 - New Orders
« Reply #300 on: August 25, 2022, 07:55:31 am »

I had been speculating about it in scumchat, but stopped before you claimed your vote was null. This just doesn't feel like a setup with vote manipulation, so it wasn't a real concern.
I don't think I've literally won any game you've been mafia, so congrats. I have a hard time reading you because you're stubborn and pursue people exactly the same as either alignment to me.

I don't know why Max voted me so quickly.
I found this post (especially the questions) incredibly scummy, mainly:
Lenglon and NJW both agreed to shoot Jim in the thread so that's a good guess why he's dead. That leaves at a minimum two shots unaccounted for beyond shenanigans.

My gut feeling is that it really is just Max/NJW like I said.

@Max:
I need your insight, what are your thoughts on NQT and NJW? Which is scummier if you had to pick?

@NQT:
We need data!! We need graphs!! Go go go!!

@NJW:
Do you still suspect Lidku?
I wanted more information from players I suspected.

I'll be honest my question towards you was to get a tell of who your partner was, but either way.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 25, 2022, 08:02:34 am »

Thanks... I tend to have quite weak D1s as town as well, so I think that meta plays in my favour as scum.
One wheel short of a wagon

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 25, 2022, 08:05:13 am »

Knew it.

I'm the one that shot NJW.

I figured it wasn't possible to be Max or Toony unless it was Max AND Toony (and Max was defo Town). It couldn't be Lidku. It definitely wasn't Jim or Lenglon, fucking lol. I couldn't decide who out of NJW or NQT to shoot, so I went with the more obvious one, since his case was made out of garbage.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Armed Forces Mafia (9/9) - HQ is organizing a new unit...
« Reply #303 on: August 25, 2022, 08:07:29 am »

Lenglon, quite astutely picked up a dynamic of the scum players not fully participating in the current town on town drama, but didn't recognise it for what it was:

NQT / NJW standing off to the side and probing alternate possibilities from KN64 / Lidku (these two are by far the most interesting to my eyes. Not scummy, but interesting. I very much want to know what things look like through their eyes right now.)

wait a sec, what am I typing?

NJW and NQT: what do things look like through your eyes right now?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 25, 2022, 08:11:08 am »

I wanted more information from players I suspected.

I'll be honest my question towards you was to get a tell of who your partner was, but either way.
Yes, and your absolute conviction that I was scum after apparently agreeing with me about Knightwing, coupled with the way the question constrains who I'm allowed to think is scummy, made me think "town Toonyman wouldn't be this wrong".

I didn't think it was you until you started the "Scum Max, how dare you mislead me into lynching poor Knightwing!" thing, as if you hadn't made that decision yourself. Especially once you said you'd shot webadict and he was town, but you thought that made me the only possibility left instead of thinking maybe that meant the whole theory was barking up the wrong tree.

The other thing about that post that rubbed me the wrong way was the total softball at NQT. As I've said before, I don't even think data and graphs are beneficial. It felt like you were trying to justify including all three people in the post, and also maybe trying to obscure who your partner was by forcing me to wonder whether you were partners with NQT or just wanted it to look like you might be.

I will also admit that, when I voted you, I hadn't bothered to think about hammers existing. I basically never vote with that in mind, it just doesn't register for me. That was, in reverse, a major way I blew my last game too. (And trust me, I'm definitely not implying I deserve any credit over you here. I don't think any member of town deserves any credit today.)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 25, 2022, 08:13:33 am »

Also, if you all hadn't killed the player claiming the only doctor role, Web would have survived (KW said that was the intended target) and might have carried the game D2.

Town NQT would have tried to save KW as a potential town asset, but obviously I wasn't going to do that in this game.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 25, 2022, 08:27:11 am »

Lenglon, quite astutely picked up a dynamic of the scum players not fully participating in the current town on town drama, but didn't recognise it for what it was:

NQT / NJW standing off to the side and probing alternate possibilities from KN64 / Lidku (these two are by far the most interesting to my eyes. Not scummy, but interesting. I very much want to know what things look like through their eyes right now.)

wait a sec, what am I typing?

NJW and NQT: what do things look like through your eyes right now?
When I was re-reading that's the exact post that made me think NJW/NQT was possible.

I'm really miffed Lenglon and Jim were killed the most.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 25, 2022, 08:29:28 am »

Also, if you all hadn't killed the player claiming the only doctor role, Web would have survived (KW said that was the intended target) and might have carried the game D2.

Town NQT would have tried to save KW as a potential town asset, but obviously I wasn't going to do that in this game.
Maybe

Knightwing

Should have played

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 25, 2022, 09:17:08 am »

Huh. I hadn't expected you to be the other one who shot me Max.

Well played Njw/Nqt.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 25, 2022, 09:31:23 am »

Maybe

Knightwing

Should have played
Yeah, listen, I'm not gonna say that I fully read Knightwing as Town or anything, but... like... It was mainly his fault he got voted. I think he got disappointed that he got voted again, but, like, he definitely looked scummy. I think a lot of that had to do with him being a Doctor, so that may have been the biggest issue.

I was on the fence about Knight, and then I never got around to posting because who starts and ends a Day at 6:00 AM??? And there wasn't really enough time to do anything about that. I was never going to be able to convince myself to defend Knightwing, or vote anyone else, so it was never a bad idea to vote out Knightwing, so saying that would've saved me is, well, wrong. But, that's not the point anyway, I'm actually glad this game is done so we can play the next game and get one closer to Supernatural.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 25, 2022, 09:33:54 am »

4am day start/end my current timezone. I was asleep for it.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 25, 2022, 09:47:32 am »

Mafia team of NJW2000 and notquitethere has killed off enough members to take over the unit, enforcing a new order of drugs & hookers.

Sargent NJW2000 has been promoted to Lieutenant!
Private notquitethere has been promoted to Sargent!

Real shame about Sargent ToonyMan's demise.  Oh well...

Discord Link, with HQ Access

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 25, 2022, 09:48:48 am »

Well, good game.

:|
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 25, 2022, 09:50:24 am »

The setup:
The setup is 2 mafia, 6 townies. Mafia have a bus driver (codename Radio Operator) and 3-shot vest (Evil Sargent)
Town has a 3-shot doctor (Medic) and 3-shot vest (Good Sargent). Since everyone has 1-shot vest and 1-shot gun, balanced?

Change for 9 players (7 townies): Good Sargent loses 3-shot vest, gains 2-shot gun, below existed with 8 person version
Notquitethere is the Radio Operator. You are a Bus Driver.  You may NOT use your ability on the same turn as your night kill UNLESS you are the only surviving scum player.
NJW2000 is the Evil Sargent. You have a 3-shot bulletproof vest, as you are tougher than other characters.
You both otherwise have default Grunt equipment, unless it conflict with the above. I'll write it out better later
Mafia has two kill methods, which can NOT be used by a player using their default 1-shot gun (which you both have)
Only one kill method can be used per turn, no limitation on their use otherwise
Kill Method 1: Machinegun - Fires 3 shots, can be divided among up to 3 players.
Kill Method 2: Anti-Material Rifle - Fires 1 armorpiercing shot (NOT stopped by bulletproof vests)

The Medic uses their ability BEFORE the Vest. So they prevent kills before they would otherwise hit the Vest. Ok, it's probably not "proper" in any sense of the word, but its how I designed this from the beginning.

It is probably best to give Kill Results as "Your target died" "Your target's vest was hit with x-kills from your attack" and "Your target was not hit with any kills". Players should be notified solely if their vest was hit, and in the case of the Sargents how many protections they have left.  I honestly have to research Bus Driver a bit more to know what to report, although probably just "You successfully switch x with y", since its the only manipulative role in this game
Upon much soul searching, Anti-Material Rifle does NOT penetrate the Medic's protect, just the Vests.  Also, Medic can NOT self-target. I feel sort of bad in that the description that I gave the Medic didn't mention that, but the baseline Doctor description also fails to mention that even though it explicitly does not self-target.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
Re: Armed Forces Mafia - Game Over Mafia Win!
« Reply #314 on: August 25, 2022, 10:06:33 am »

What the hell? I went to sleep and wake up, and the game's already over?

; (
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22