Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22

Author Topic: Armed Forces Mafia - Game Over Mafia Win!  (Read 17085 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Armed Forces Mafia (9/9) - HQ is organizing a new unit...
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2022, 04:04:08 pm »

nightwing talking in red makes people mad kinda like bulls so dont do it

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2022, 04:06:39 pm »

I'm only just going to list who I find the most difficult to read. I don't think it's really worth it to list "moderate" or "easy" reads. It might be detrimental long-term later.

Difficult
--------------------
Webadict - For as long as I've been playing Mafia recently, webadict has been the DM for the majority of games I've been in. So it is hard to read someone who's in an inherently neutral position.

NJW - Very neutral in posting demeanor and very lowkey.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2022, 04:07:13 pm »

Lidku: Under what circumstances would you shoot someone N1?

Considering that our rifles only have 1 bullet only, I would only save it for someone I absolutely find suspicious; AND only if they're going under the radar of Town and everyone for some reason doesn't suspect them.
So you would only shoot someone nobody else suspected?
One wheel short of a wagon

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2022, 04:12:18 pm »

Lidku: Under what circumstances would you shoot someone N1?

Considering that our rifles only have 1 bullet only, I would only save it for someone I absolutely find suspicious; AND only if they're going under the radar of Town and everyone for some reason doesn't suspect them.
So you would only shoot someone nobody else suspected?

Yes, because a Mafia who stays under the radar and nobody suspects them, nets a high chance of Town losing. And that would be the best efficient use of the 1-Kill everyone has; because after that, besides the bullet-proof vest, you become regular town.

Though this all predicates on someone I strongly suspect is Mafia to begin with, and I'm usually very conservative on who I begin to suspect.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2022, 04:34:09 pm »

I fought in war, my brothers in arms!

List of Who Is Hard To Read

I Tend To Read As They're Town Without Good Enough Reason
Toony
Knightwing

I Tend To Read As Scum Without Good Enough Reason
Max
Web

I Think I Have Successfully Read In The Past
Jim
NJW

Unknown Quantity
Lidku

We've played together in the past but I have no memory of any meta
Lenglon

Spoiler: Some Theorising (click to show/hide)

Lidku, how would you characterise your mafia playstyle?

Stay frosty Sergeant Lenglon, what kind of foe do you think we're facing?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2022, 04:43:18 pm »

"I am NOT a Sarent. You see the ice-cream cone rank patch? S. P. C. Talk to me when you need something and know how to not ask questions bout how you got it."

"Anyways, I think it's too early ter tell wha we're facing. Rih now I'm jus lookin an seein wha I see. Ask me again later an I'll ave a better answer fer ya."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2022, 04:50:42 pm »

Hmm, I like your spunk NQT. You went above and beyond the call of duty with extra categories of reads.

I'm gonna say NQT is town. Knigtwing is probably town too though I need to see non-roleplay posts.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2022, 04:59:48 pm »

Aww, I didn't get to be scum again this time.

I don't like roleplay, so Knightwing and Lenglon are clearly the mafia.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2022, 05:00:30 pm »

Lidku, how would you characterise your mafia playstyle?

I've only ever been Mafia once, so I'd say I haven't really developed a particular "Mafia playstyle". I was and still am a complete noob, Town or Mafia-wise.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2022, 05:12:04 pm »

Yes, because a Mafia who stays under the radar and nobody suspects them, nets a high chance of Town losing. And that would be the best efficient use of the 1-Kill everyone has; because after that, besides the bullet-proof vest, you become regular town.

Though this all predicates on someone I strongly suspect is Mafia to begin with, and I'm usually very conservative on who I begin to suspect.
Hm. So if a handful of players you thought were town were also suspicious of the player, you wouldn't shoot them?
One wheel short of a wagon

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2022, 05:13:09 pm »

I've only ever been Mafia once, so I'd say I haven't really developed a particular "Mafia playstyle". I was and still am a complete noob, Town or Mafia-wise.
Actually I meant the opposite, what's your playstyle for mafia-the-game-not-mafia-the-role. Or more clearly: how do you intend to catch scum? Scum tells? Slips? Night actions? Sheeping a player you think is town? What else?

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2022, 05:26:29 pm »

Hm. So if a handful of players you thought were town were also suspicious of the player, you wouldn't shoot them?

There would be no point of wasting a bullet on someone the majority of Town suspects. By that point it is likely that the Town will vote them off naturally.

how do you intend to catch scum? Scum tells? Slips? Night actions? Sheeping a player you think is town? What else?

I used to mostly just go by mechanics, but that was because in the BYOR games I've been playing. In those games it's intentional for everyone to have unbalanced abilities, unlike a default game that has more balanced roles.

Now I do a mix of looking at mechanics and posting behavior.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2022, 05:30:27 pm »

"Hey, NQT, seems like lots a folks think they can read you easy. Whys' that?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2022, 05:57:01 pm »

I used to mostly just go by mechanics, but that was because in the BYOR games I've been playing. In those games it's intentional for everyone to have unbalanced abilities, unlike a default game that has more balanced roles.

Now I do a mix of looking at mechanics and posting behavior.
Can you think of any posting behaviour that scum did in a game that afterwards was obvious (even if you didn't see it at the time)?

"Hey, NQT, seems like lots a folks think they can read you easy. Whys' that?"
Captain NQT sits down, and muses over the question while picking at the seam on his bullet-proof vest.

"I can think of two recent incidents... there was when I was the leader of a valiant division and through my forthrightness and direct dealing with my troop, I establish an easy rapport and trust early. That cohesion won the day.

"And then there was the time I proposed a risky battle strategy, which involved leaking some plans to the enemy in exchange for momentum on the battlefield. People sure as hell didn't like my plan, but it established my credibility in some of their eyes and our side swiftly won the day regardless.

"That enough intelligence for you?"

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2022, 06:00:33 pm »

( I like roleplay, it’s fun)

You accusing me of being a traitor, Max? Well you are darn tooting wrong, and I have the badges to prove it.

Knightwing64 shoves a Medal of Honor at Max, asserting dominance over the haters
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22