Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 181

Author Topic: Bartender of Galactic Refueling Outpost 254831: Arnold!  (Read 104887 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Bartender of Galactic Refueling Outpost 254831: Arnold!
« Reply #2625 on: July 12, 2024, 04:36:12 pm »

"I will assume that your space-side shift at Poseidonis is over, yes?"

"Uh, yes, yes it is." Francis looks at you, then takes another sip of his mix.

"I'm his driver, you see."

"You don't have to be." Francis grumbles, staring at James. "I mean, I'm grateful... but you really don't have to." James rolls his eyes.

"Yeah, and your mom would nag me for not bringing you over. I mean, you already waste two days of your ten day leave simply to get back home with me." Francis shrugs.

"Still better than having to stay at Poseidonis Fortress. You've seen my, uh, quarters."

"I wouldn't call a cramped cubicle with a sleep pod and a locker, 'quarters'." At this, Francis sighs, and downs the remainder of his mix, while James sips his also.

"Okay, barkeep..." The lieutenant muses. "Another Rainy Saturday." He pushes the glass towards you, but James intercepts it.

"Come on, liven up a little. Try something new for once! Hey Arnie, mix him a Seaside Paradise."

"But I don't want a Seaside Paradise, James. Rainy Saturdays are good enough."

"I will pay! Trust me, it's good!" To this offer, Francis rolls his eyes, but doesn't say anything. They both hold onto the glass, though, neither surrendering their choice.

You decide to...

A) Prepare a Rainy Saturday for Francis, just as he wanted.
B) Prepare a Seaside Paradis for Francis, given that James is paying anyway.
C) Not take sides in this silly little argument.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: July 12, 2024, 04:46:24 pm »

C

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: July 12, 2024, 05:35:09 pm »

A.

a Seaside Paradise adds up to a mostly soft/sweet drink, which is somewhat counter to his tastes- IE "fruity fiery"
Sunset Capri - Soft Sweet
Equator - Soft
Wóda - Firey
Grenadiere - Fruity Sweet [assumed 1/2th strength bc dash'd]
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: July 12, 2024, 07:01:39 pm »

B Suggest that he just give it a taste, and if he doesn't like it, no harm done and he can get all the Rainy Saturdays he wants.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: July 13, 2024, 01:55:55 am »

A
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: July 13, 2024, 04:50:38 am »

"He wants Rainy Saturday, James, I will make him one." And you do, putting up a clear cocktail glass and filling it with synthols and cherry, putting a new lime slice on its edge.

"Oh, hey, thanks..." Francis smiles awkwardly, and pulls out his credchip. James smiles, shaking his head, as you scan Francis' credchip. (+42c)

Today Earnings: 1293c
Monthly Earnings: 9124.5c

As before, Francis doesn't drink his mix just yet, while James gulps down some of his Seaside Paradise.

A) To both: "Now, I wanna know how did you two became brothers."
B) To James: "'Roho' and 'Lankor'? Are there aliens around I don't know about?"
C) To Francis: "I do have to agree though, what you described hardly qualifies as 'quarters'!"
D) To Francis: "Something wrong with your drink? Are you unwell, perhaps?"
E) To both: "Oh, this is kinda wicked, but my kind of wicked - I have nothing against triangles, you know~?"
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: July 13, 2024, 03:16:30 pm »

"'Roho' and 'Lankor'? Are there aliens around I don't know about?"

"Yeah, I think? Lankors are like... big scaly dudes. Bent legs, long tails. At least that's the general idea people have about them. I've seen one of them on an ad?... Or maybe it was some sort of documentary?"

"Lankors, unlike Vahin'Ti, don't have treaties with the Federation just yet... but I've heard that someone saw one of them already on some human mercenary ship. Green, scaly, tall. I wonder how's it doing in our part of the galaxy, considering I never heard anyone teaching Lankorian language. I don't think anyone knows Lankorian fluently enough, except maybe Federal xenolinguists. It would be difficult, and dangerous, to seek them out, if you ask me. And Roho-"

"And Roho are alien rocks, that's all everyone knows right now." James takes a sip.

"It's... it's a word that Centaurians have for a new 'threat' on the other side of their territory. Gotten themselves in some battles with 'Roho ships'. You see, Centaurian word for 'rock' is 'roho', so that's the name people started slinging about. But nobody but Centaurians have seen any of these 'Roho' at all. Maybe the Centaurians are making it up, who knows. Or maybe it's a slur they invented for some other human group?" Francis finally takes a sip of his cocktail.

"Wait, how do you know more about this than me?" James looks at his half-brother. "You barely leave the Fortress." At this, the lieutenant blushes and looks aside.

"Uhh... Sorry, I'm talking too much again." And he quickly occupies his mouth with his Rainy Saturday.

A) To both: "Now, I wanna know how did you two became brothers."
B) To James: "How's your work doing, James? I've heard that nobody does bad hauling cargo, how about you?"
C) To Francis: "I do have to agree though, what you described hardly qualifies as 'quarters'!"
SigFlags!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: July 13, 2024, 05:19:07 pm »

B.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: July 13, 2024, 05:21:42 pm »

A!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: July 14, 2024, 05:08:13 am »

"Now, I wanna know how did you two became brothers." This grabs the attention of them both.

5*

"We have the same dad." Francis speaks up first, surprisingly, but not without a grimace twisting his face.

"Yeah, that piece of shit." James adds, drinks the remainder of his mix, and places his hands on the counter.

"So, Francis' mom married our dad and settled planetside on Delta Virini III." He starts to explain, gesticulating with his fingers against the countertop. "And he got her pregnant, like, normal stuff. But just few weeks later he met my mom at the orbital shipyard he was working at. Kept her in the dark about his planetside wife, and, guess what, got her pregnant too."

"That's quite shitty." You let it slip, the wetware chip reminding you about appropriate language to be used amongst humans. "Sorry."

"Yeah, no worries. But, yeah, Francis here is three months older than me. So, he got them both pregnant, and of course this doesn't stay in the dark for long. Both my and Francis' mom found out and met up before going after him. This was, of course, before Federation got back, so the best thing Francis' mom could do was to divorce him and kick him out. My mom wasn't exactly willing to take him in either."

"He left, then."

"Yes... but not before charming up my aunt to go with him. My mom's sister, bit of an air-head, that one..." Francis looks into his Rainy Saturday with a confused stare, as if he realized the stupidity of his aunt only now.

"So our moms decided to chase him down, but they only found Francis' aunt, ya know, heartbroken, fortunately not pregnant, three colonies over."

"Yes, that's how it happened. Haven't met our dad even once. Seen him on a picture, but still." James grumbles to that.

"And it's good we didn't, cuz I have few choice items to stick up his shitty ass if he ever shows up his stupid face anywhere near me." He says, fuming, while Francis nods to it slightly.

A) To both: "Your moms keep in touch, I assume?"
B) To James: "Want something else to drink?"
C) To James: "How's your work doing, James? I've heard that nobody does bad hauling cargo, how about you?"
D) To Francis: "I do have to agree though, what you described hardly qualifies as 'quarters'!"
« Last Edit: July 14, 2024, 05:18:02 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: July 14, 2024, 06:26:32 am »

A

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: July 14, 2024, 08:30:00 am »

"Your moms keep in touch, I assume?"

"Yes."

"Yeah." James follows after his brother. "They lived together and we were raised together for a while, before Francis' mom moved out with him."

"Attended the same school, also." Francis says happily.

"And militia camp." James follows-up.

"And you were the dropout." Francis adds quickly, and James shrugs.

"Never was a shooty guy. Oh, hey Arnold, cutie. Make me something new. I wanna mix it up a little today." The space courier leans away, not saying much, as his half-brother takes a sip of his Rainy Saturday.

A) (prepare a mix that James might enjoy and which you haven't served him before)
B) "Well, you gotta have something more specific on mind, no?"
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 181