Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 47

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)  (Read 40776 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)
« Reply #360 on: November 26, 2022, 01:37:38 am »

Why use think when use gun does the better?

Karsus the Mad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 26, 2022, 10:27:44 pm »

Technically, by using Telekinesis to shoot, you're doing both... That said, it also depends on what we're up against.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 26, 2022, 11:04:02 pm »

second verse, same as the first.

Unfortunately with less effect! Now that the horde has transformed into a trickle firing into the darkness doesn't destroy dozens of insects with each blast. Rather it serves only to replace your shattered flashlights in illuminating the remaining enemies.

Kedia 17
Tallion 16
Teeth 12
Unnamed Raptor 7
Indaria 5
"Wasp" Swarm 5 (Indaria goes first as PC)

Kedia's turn again!

Think + Gun is a legitimately broken combo even with the normal chance of getting eaten by a demon each shot. As far as your current kit goes, the only reason to do default Telekinesis attacks is if you run out of bullets or don't have your gun. There are higher tier abilities like Death Grip that lets you force choke to ignore armor and toughness that would work better if you're using basic weapons against Space Marines or someone in heavy cover, in addition to utility like telekinetic shield and levitation, but you don't have those yet.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 26, 2022, 11:08:57 pm »

I was more referring to the fact that I can't think of any clever things to do in this situation, swarmed by enemies I can't escape but who die good to my default attack.

Telekinesis gun and shoots, repeat unless the situation actually changes.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 26, 2022, 11:14:09 pm »

I was more referring to the fact that I can't think of any clever things to do in this situation, swarmed by enemies I can't escape but who die good to my default attack.

Telekinesis gun and shoots, repeat unless the situation actually changes.

It changes. With a final burst of fire the remaining "wasps" either disperse or are torn apart by the spinning death spitting from your rifle. Scanning the area, you see no more hostiles. Insect corpses cover the ground like snow.

"Wasp" Swarm has been defeated!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 26, 2022, 11:22:19 pm »

"Well, those were annoying. Are any of us dying at the moment?"

Check raptors and human for stings.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 26, 2022, 11:27:47 pm »

"Well, those were annoying. Are any of us dying at the moment?"

Check raptors and human for stings.

You don't see any stings on the Raptors, who seem rather energetic and not-poisoned. It looks like the swarm was focusing more on the human and Eldar.

You don't see Indaria, probably because she makes a habit of wearing darksight blocking armor at all times and it is still dark out.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 26, 2022, 11:34:11 pm »

Does 'blocking darksight' mean invisibility cloak but only to UV light or does it mean that they're just a big obvious indistinct shadow? :p

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 26, 2022, 11:43:25 pm »

Does 'blocking darksight' mean invisibility cloak but only to UV light or does it mean that they're just a big obvious indistinct shadow? :p

Its 40K, so it could be either. It says "invisible to" so I'll rule closer to the former.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 27, 2022, 02:52:53 am »

"Hm. Well, hopefully Indaria isn't dying of neurotoxin on the ground, in the dark, when we can't see her."

Karsus the Mad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 27, 2022, 07:45:15 pm »

"I'm fine too by the way..." Tallion replies, feeling a little forgotten by the Seer. "And I think I know of a great way to see if your little pet is still okay..."

"MUTANT FUR BALL SAYS WHAT!!!" He calls out, exaggeratedly puts his hands to the sides of his mouth to amplify his voice further; half joking and half mocking.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 07:48:30 pm by Karsus the Mad »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 27, 2022, 07:55:24 pm »

"Hm? Yes, of course you're fine. Are you implying that some insects gave you a hard fight?"

Karsus the Mad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 27, 2022, 09:33:33 pm »

"Hm? Yes, of course you're fine. Are you implying that some insects gave you a hard fight?"

"I imply only that you are overly concered for the mutant's well being. If I'm fine and your fine, odds are Indaria is also just fine. Especially since there was three sets of weapons-fire going off in that swarm, not just ours." Tallion counters. "Besides, if something did happen to it, there wouldn't be overly much any of us could do about it out here. As I know precious little on the effects of a wasp's sting on mutant humans, and I doubt you do either."

"What is, however, a little insulting is that you didn't even bother checking to see if I was okay and unstung, when I came down here specifically to help you. Your concern was soley for two animals, who are native to this world's jungles, and a trained mutant soldier, who has fought in Khaine-only-knows how many battlefields. All have probably survived far worse than some mere wasps."

"It'd be like if... I was leading a squad of corsairs into a firefight against some Orks, and afterword I showed greater concern for a pet Gyrnix than I did any of them... or, more accurately, a pet Grox..."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 27, 2022, 10:10:07 pm »

"Why do you love to whine so much, corsair? Yes, I like animals, is there truly anything so bad about it?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 28, 2022, 01:20:11 am »

"I'm fine, get some sleep. You can flirt in the morning."

It's good to know who I can trust and how much. Kedia's more trustworthy than I thought.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 47