Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 47

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)  (Read 40724 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)
« Reply #255 on: October 07, 2022, 12:20:28 pm »

Send the message to get the scrimshawer transported to the corpse's storage so he can begin work asap.

"I actually wanted to confirm whether your mother passed on her knowledge to you, as I need a skilled hideworker for an important assignment."

"Well...she taught me drum making tricks when I was little, but I don't got her experience. Haven't made a drum since she died neither. Wouldn't go around calling myself a skilled hideworker. If you just want a pile of rawhide or some normal wardrums I could do it no trouble. If you're looking for some Cathedral drums best use the ones squirreled away in storage."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 07, 2022, 02:46:07 pm »

Proceed with mission of walking into the jungle to look at the big shiny thing.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 09, 2022, 12:01:26 pm »

Proceed with mission of walking into the jungle to look at the big shiny thing.

Entering the jungle is less walking and more flying. You load up into a cargo shuttle with your raptors in the back and fly off toward the villages. By all the scraping and pacing in the back you can tell your raptors arn't particularly enjoying the trip, but the alternative is a months long cross-continental journey.

From the sky you can see all three of the nearby villages in addition to the mountain range in the center. Landing on the mountain range is possible if you clear enough space for your ship to land, but in the meantime it is far too verdant and green to safely make landing outside of the villages. There is no treeline on the mountains despite their height, the jungle is equally as thick at the base as it is at the peak.

The closest to the presence is a mining village cut into the mountain itself. Maiden worlds are rich not only in life but mineral resources that the humans now greedily exploit, even this small village no doubt sends multiple times its worth back to the Fortress for processing. Furthest of the three is a standard village much like the Cat Pair had stayed in for some months, with tracts of ranch land and flackgrass farms centered in a picturesque valley. It is larger than the other two, but still small even by local standards. Last is the smallest, more an abbey than a village. It exists as a single cathedral at the base of a mountain, with some surrounding land allotted for its use.

Where would you like to make landfall?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 10, 2022, 02:09:36 am »

"Lets start with the abbey, seems smallest."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 10, 2022, 10:04:47 am »

"Well...she taught me drum making tricks when I was little, but I don't got her experience. Haven't made a drum since she died neither. Wouldn't go around calling myself a skilled hideworker. If you just want a pile of rawhide or some normal wardrums I could do it no trouble. If you're looking for some Cathedral drums best use the ones squirreled away in storage."

"Do you know one? I have the urgent need to have a dino's hide artificially weathered."

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 10, 2022, 02:03:37 pm »

"I'm not in the mood to meet a heathen mon-kiegh "Abbot" today. Let's land somewhere less exposed."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 10, 2022, 03:41:58 pm »

"Do you know one? I have the urgent need to have a dino's hide artificially weathered."

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

"Like making it look old? They got a big museum in the Fortress with a lot of old looking things. Bet some of it is restored or recreations that are just supposed to look old. Lemme think....There's a boot maker on one of the lower levels too. Supposed to be real quality work but mostly done with machines instead of by hand like our drums. Never been there but we sell some dinos to them and make good money off it. Easy enough to give directions if you want."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 10, 2022, 09:12:40 pm »

"Have you heard about a master artist responsible for making very lifelike statues of dinos? I'm made to understand they were made for the partners of deceased dinos as a way of commemorating their life and soothing the pain of loss."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 10, 2022, 09:42:33 pm »

"Have you heard about a master artist responsible for making very lifelike statues of dinos? I'm made to understand they were made for the partners of deceased dinos as a way of commemorating their life and soothing the pain of loss."

"Is that what that was about? He made a statue of my mom's dino. Least someone did. As perfect as a pict down to the scar on the bottom of its foot. But it was addressed to my dad. Mom got caught in a bombing run and died instantly with her dino. Dad said one of my mom's fans made it. She...was something special. Especially when it came to drums. Probably the best there ever was. Every cathedral in the world replaced their old drums with one of hers."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 10, 2022, 09:51:42 pm »

"It sounds like she has made the Emperor very proud." Lord-Captain Marco concedes, having avoided getting sentimentality involved thus far. "Do you know where I could find said worker, or should I contact your father?"
>Yes?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 10, 2022, 10:04:27 pm »

"It sounds like she has made the Emperor very proud." Lord-Captain Marco concedes, having avoided getting sentimentality involved thus far. "Do you know where I could find said worker, or should I contact your father?"

She turns around and shouts.

"DAD! LORD TRADER WANTS TO TALK TO YA!"

"GIMMIE A TICK! I GOTTA GET SOMEONE TO COVER FOR ME!"

After a few awkward minutes, a man comes down from one of the anti-aircraft guns guarding the landing pad.

"Thousand apologies for the delay Lord Trader, can't go shirking my duty to the Emperor even to talk to you. Sky could fill up with Chaos without any warning. Did it before and they'll do it again."

He obviously has some family resemblance to his daughter, though he's fortunate enough to not have a black eye. His lasgun is a shorter model made for those who use vehicles. A small, bird like dino follows closely behind him.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2022, 10:12:21 pm by Stirk »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 10, 2022, 11:32:06 pm »

"Pleased to meet you. Lord-Captain Guerra. Now, do you happen to have the contact of the artist responsible for the statue of your wife's dino?"
>Yes?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 10, 2022, 11:53:52 pm »

"That thing? Nope. Didn't commission it or nothing like that. It was delivered by a young pilot, bit older than my daughter, outside the usual delivery date. We talked a bit about what it was and why they gave it to us. Just said it was sent by a fan of my wife. A memorial piece. My wife did something similar when people she respect died so it didn't seem all that off. Not a local custom or nothing but artist types always seem to be off in their own world."

He rubs his daughter's head affectionately.

"And my little girl always took more after me than her mom. Maybe half an artistic bone between us. That delivery driver didn't have a Warrant to his name so he had to register the airspace to make the trip, you can probably check the records to find him if you're looking."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 11, 2022, 03:52:42 am »

"I'm not in the mood to meet a heathen mon-kiegh "Abbot" today. Let's land somewhere less exposed."
"Sure. Where?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 11, 2022, 09:14:23 am »

"And my little girl always took more after me than her mom. Maybe half an artistic bone between us. That delivery driver didn't have a Warrant to his name so he had to register the airspace to make the trip, you can probably check the records to find him if you're looking."

"I appreciate the information. I'll need location of the boot maker as well, since visiting the place shouldn't be a waste of time. Before I forget, is there anywhere I could to listen to something played on your mother's drums, be it here or somewhere else? There's been so much praise heaped upon them I fear I have to listen to them."

He hasn't been on the ground this much since that incident with the relic... The more legwork Marco does, the more familiar he becomes with the culture of these particular dirtdwellers.

Hopefully I can get to listen to that war drum performance. Maybe slip them the sheet for a Battlefleet work hymn.

Check on the records to see if we can find the pilot and see if we can contact them to ask about who sent the delivery. In the meanwhile, let's visit the bootmaker.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 47