Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 64

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Game Over!  (Read 39973 times)

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Day 2: Pecking Orders
« Reply #570 on: July 15, 2022, 05:50:11 pm »

And for obvious reasons, that may have not been picked up in the above post, my role has no "End of Day" ability at all. It primarily focuses on bussing and has a 1-shot super protect (which I have not used yet).

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: July 15, 2022, 05:50:22 pm »

Can we... take away the neutral advice privileges?

Yeah, that's really a personal preference thing in regards to the reads lists.  I'd rather get lynched every game than be told I need to use a specific formatting.
Same. read lists can go in any order you please, and use any formatting you please. The important thing is that the information is there and that it is clearly presented. If you feel like presenting your read list as an animated gif of a conversation between sockpuppets then more power to you.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: July 15, 2022, 05:50:32 pm »

You, Lidku, did not perform a night action, but we don't know why not.

The only other person it could be that did the Crane is likely NJW or myself, and I'm excluding me doing it for obvious reasons.

I didn't do any night action because my role, Galactic Patrol Officer, primarily has "bus" abilities attached to it. I did not know who I should've targeted to have any effects go on me, so I simply chose not to do any action N1.

To answer Max, the Crane Action sounds like the same End of Day thing I've got. I pick an ability and get it at the end of the day, they pick someone to be removed from town actioning them. Including the target themselves maybe. But if Max's thing is an auto that wouldn't actually work, if it wasn't, then it might have worked.

You admittedly have a lot of bizarre claims on what your single role can do, TricMagic. You DID mention that you apparently can get abilities from the last BYOR game we had, but now suddenly you can "pick someone to be removed from Town actioning them"?

Why did you not mention this until now? And why, conveniently, did something as Maximum Spin being targeted at the very end of the day coincide with what you're disclosing one of your abilities can do?

OK Lidku, at this point you're definitely doing this on purpose. Comprehend!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: July 15, 2022, 06:01:05 pm »

[[Advice has been edited upon r
mod request to be more Neutral. Sorry about that.]]

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: July 15, 2022, 06:20:02 pm »

A newbie who's never played a normal game of mafia and rolled miller didn't have a constructive playstyle D1? Nani-desu? Or whatever exclamation of surprise furries use?
Sigh.

Well, I hope we all learned from the experience. I'm kinda disappointed in myself over that.

Yes, that is correct. Well, not the 'try to kill you' part. But I did act on you last night. Regardless, I am town.
Let me get this straight. You have an auto that makes all your mafiakill powers not kill?

And you targeted Max? A person not targetable by town players? Is there a reason you're not being a bit more specific about how your auto works, given how this looks? Yes/no answer to that one would be fine.

Importantly, did you actually hit Max?
I successfully targeted Max, bypassing the crane thing, but my action failed. This does mean my action expenditure was refunded, though. I imagine the action failure was due to Max's own shenanigans.

With regards to your question about my auto...

Yes. I acted on you. Regardless, I am town. My role is a flaming bucket of WIFOM, unfortunately.

When I said all my actions appear to be mafiakills, that's because they are in fact mafiakill abilities. They have the tag and everything.

However, my auto ability has two components.

Firstly, it lets me use abilities as though I was mafia-aligned, which includes using mafiakills. Turns out it also let me bypass that crane-shield thingamajig.

Secondly, it makes my mafiakill abilities not kill.

... I suspect if a mafia member manages to steal one of my actions, they will be able to kill with it, unfortunately.
All the information you need is here.

At the start of the game, I initially suspected its sole purpose was to let me use my abilities and keep the WIFOM going, but it turns out it also has weird interactions.

Basically, I assumed Maximum Spin was going to kill someone from the safety of his crane thing (before I knew that wasn't his ability), so I decided to interfere.

The only way I can confirm what I did during the night is by giving a very detailed account of FoU's blocking/mafiakill action. My role isn't that powerful N1.
So: Mug is P3/P7 and blocks actions as well as killing the target. FoU should be ok with revealing this, and I'm fairly sure it's a 1-shot anyhow.
I guess that fits with FoU's story.
Like so.

It would kill if not for my auto, though.

Claims summary:

FoU - all actions are mafiakills, use abilities as though mafia-aligned, including mafiakills. mafiakill abilities do not kill. Targeted Max N1, unrevealed interaction with Max, showed as town to Lenglon's inspect.
Correct on my end, yeah. My ability failed, likely due to Spin's thing. There was also another thing, but zips up my beak. Good courtesy to keep the other part secret.

In so far as mine, I think so, although I'm asking webadict some additional questions.  Seems like I could also have gotten a success message if I was redirected to a different valid target?
If Shakerag was scum, it'd be easy enough to fake his claimed action. Since Lenglon is already on everyone's town core list he doesn't lose much by 'confirming' her. Not definitive, but worth pointing out.

That's what it does and the priority, but it isn't 1-shot. It's shotted, but he has more of it.
I has many mugs.

Tric's claimed role seems to be... ungodly powerful? Either he's scum or there's some catch to it that he's not telling us. Or just bluffing.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: July 15, 2022, 06:40:48 pm »

Quote from: TricMagic
OK Lidku, at this point you're definitely doing this on purpose. Comprehend!

...Comprehend? That's why I'm asking questions to you and trying to understand the slip-ups in your statements in the first place.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: July 15, 2022, 06:43:58 pm »

Quote from: FallacyofUrist
Tric's claimed role seems to be... ungodly powerful? Either he's scum or there's some catch to it that he's not telling us. Or just bluffing.

Yeah, there is something finnicky about what TricMagic is saying what his role does, or its realistic depth abilities that it can have all at once. Could be all bluffs to simple center attentions on himself, but generally, his behavior so far is really strange to me...

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: July 15, 2022, 06:55:15 pm »

It's been.. 4 times now I've explained it. Do I need to do it in bold?

During the day I can pick an ability from the previous BYOR, and if it's Active, it becomes a 1-shot. I receive it at the end of the day. May only be able to get each once, but it's useful. That's 5 times I've explained it now, just to hammer the point home. Stop attributing discussion and theory to new unslated abilities!

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: July 15, 2022, 06:56:54 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
FallacyofUrist - 0 -
Knightwing64 - 0 -
Lenglon - 0 -
Lidku - 0 - TricMagic*,
Maximum Spin - 0 -
NJW2000 - 0 -
Shakerag - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 1 - FallacyofUrist, Knightwing64, Lenglon, Lidku, Maximum Spin*, NJW2000, Shakerag,

1 to Hammer. Day ends on July 18, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (~73 hours remaining).

NOTE: Players without votes are displayed in italics.
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: July 15, 2022, 07:32:40 pm »

Can we... take away the neutral advice privileges?

Yeah, that's really a personal preference thing in regards to the reads lists.  I'd rather get lynched every game than be told I need to use a specific formatting.
100% this.

To answer Max, the Crane Action sounds like the same End of Day thing I've got. I pick an ability and get it at the end of the day, they pick someone to be removed from town actioning them. Including the target themselves maybe. But if Max's thing is an auto that wouldn't actually work, if it wasn't, then it might have worked.

You admittedly have a lot of bizarre claims on what your single role can do, TricMagic. You DID mention that you apparently can get abilities from the last BYOR game we had, but now suddenly you can "pick someone to be removed from Town actioning them"?

Why did you not mention this until now? And why, conveniently, did something as Maximum Spin being targeted at the very end of the day coincide with what you're disclosing one of your abilities can do?
I'm 99% sure you're misinterpreting what TricMagic's saying. I'm not convinced TricMagic DIDN'T do it yet, but he's not saying that he could. He seems to be saying "both abilities are day actions that take effect at the very end of the day".

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: July 15, 2022, 07:47:37 pm »

During the day I can pick an ability from the previous BYOR, and if it's Active, it becomes a 1-shot. I receive it at the end of the day. May only be able to get each once, but it's useful. That's 5 times I've explained it now, just to hammer the point home. Stop attributing discussion and theory to new unslated abilities!
What's the catch?

Let's compare your claimed ability to Egan.

Egan had a much more limited ability selection to pick from, and was cursed with omega miller for it. Your selection is naturally incredibly expansive.

Scum typically get stronger roles than town players do, to balance out their lower numbers.

The only thing I can think of that balances out your roles is that you don't get three picks on Day 1, only one, but that's... not much, when you can pick players' strongest one-shots and make them yours to use.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: July 15, 2022, 08:03:03 pm »

What's the catch?

Let's compare your claimed ability to Egan.

Egan had a much more limited ability selection to pick from, and was cursed with omega miller for it. Your selection is naturally incredibly expansive.

Scum typically get stronger roles than town players do, to balance out their lower numbers.

The only thing I can think of that balances out your roles is that you don't get three picks on Day 1, only one, but that's... not much, when you can pick players' strongest one-shots and make them yours to use.
... Hah.. I can't copy kill actions. So frustrated I forget to add that. And yeah, it's one per day. I don't have any other abilities but the ones I pick up.

Likewise, prereqs need both abilities, and couldn't copy A Whole Game of Mafia since Day 1 would have already ended.

Kinda like how litrally no one s brainstorming ways to break the game open with my abilities though. Or giving me something to do to confirm myself and someone else.

Should be noted there aren't any gamebreaker abilities in the last game. Mostly redirects, protects, inspects, and passives.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: July 15, 2022, 08:10:22 pm »

Kinda like how litrally no one s brainstorming ways to break the game open with my abilities though. Or giving me something to do to confirm myself and someone else.
That requires us to trust you.

I'm not saying you're my scum target - I'm mostly leaning towards NJW2000 and Shakerag right now, but well.

Who do you think is scum? The day remains long and every insight could help us figure things out.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: July 15, 2022, 08:31:10 pm »

Yeah, that's why I find TricMagic's role really suspicious. It's just way too strong and I feel like it leads toward being scummy.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: July 15, 2022, 08:39:49 pm »

Least I have a solid explanation for why I did nothing last night...

Also, you're the one who's constantly misinterpreted things. Want me dead that badly? Do it tonight, rather than try and lynch me.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 64