Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 47

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (OOC)  (Read 34844 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (OOC)
« Reply #375 on: September 26, 2022, 01:35:27 pm »

It's not clear how the resident wierdos can help with the main mission. I would be happy to help with another sidequest. Or assist in violence-doing as part of the main quest.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 26, 2022, 02:15:58 pm »

It's not clear how the resident wierdos can help with the main mission. I would be happy to help with another sidequest. Or assist in violence-doing as part of the main quest.

You both have Psysense right? You could use that to hunt down cultists as previously mentioned.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 26, 2022, 02:47:12 pm »

Are they that obvious? I didn't want to try any sort of active sonar approach because I don't have the relevant disciplines. I'm not really sure why I picked telekinesis.

But yeah, some recreational Inquisiting would be appropriate.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 26, 2022, 04:46:22 pm »

Are they that obvious? I didn't want to try any sort of active sonar approach because I don't have the relevant disciplines. I'm not really sure why I picked telekinesis.

But yeah, some recreational Inquisiting would be appropriate.

Not really. Which is why I could distract you for an arbitrary amount of time!

Karsus the Mad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 26, 2022, 07:20:34 pm »

Honestly, Psysense wont necessarily reveal Chaos Cultists. That said... it can reveal the presence of psychic/warp activity, which can sometimes imply cultists. Or possibly something worse/more dangerous, and therefore interesting.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 07:23:06 pm by Karsus the Mad »

Karsus the Mad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 26, 2022, 07:31:39 pm »

I know the feeling, I'm just waiting for the opportunity to do something in the main quest as well. Unfortunately most of what's going on in it right now seems to be social intrigues... and as an overt "Xenos Scum" it's kind of hard to really do those. XD. So, as the "new guy" I'm just waiting for the Lord-Captain to head down to the planet where I'd probably be more useful to it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 26, 2022, 07:33:46 pm »

Stupid governor wanting a non-violent solution. Imagine the fun you could be having doing bombing runs on those two pesky earthbound Traders. :D

Karsus the Mad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 26, 2022, 08:02:10 pm »

Stupid governor wanting a non-violent solution. Imagine the fun you could be having doing bombing runs on those two pesky earthbound Traders. :D

Exactly... Or just stealth sniping them... or at least their 2nd in commands... or shanking them in the back when they come for a phony meeting with the Lord-Captain... or planting explosives... or just causing so much chaos (small C) between the two factions, while planting forged evidence that it was the other group, that the two come to more serious blows and force the Governor's hand in stopping it... etc.

So many wonderful possibilities... many of which can still be used, but would require the current plan to play itself out and fail.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 26, 2022, 08:05:18 pm »

Honestly, Psysense wont necessarily reveal Chaos Cultists. That said... it can reveal the presence of psychic/warp activity, which can sometimes imply cultists. Or possibly something worse/more dangerous, and therefore interesting.

There is something more dangerous than warp activity?

I gave you two violent missions and your LC decided to pick the easy peaceful mission  :-\

Karsus the Mad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 26, 2022, 08:21:20 pm »

Well, considering "Warp Activity" can be anything from a 'funny feeling' in the pit of your stomach when entering an area or poltergeists, all the way up to a full blown Daemon or Enslaver invassion, there is a lot of play. My point was just that there are things WORSE than a simple Chaos Cult that can create Warp Activity. Hell, they could potentially bump into the 40k version of vampires, which are a non-Daemonic warp entity that can manifest into material space of its own accord and feed off living beings; creating a whole murder mystery for them to solve just as an example.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 26, 2022, 08:24:53 pm »

Well, considering "Warp Activity" can be anything from a 'funny feeling' in the pit of your stomach when entering an area or poltergeists, all the way up to a full blown Daemon or Enslaver invassion, there is a lot of play. My point was just that there are things WORSE than a simple Chaos Cult that can create Warp Activity. Hell, they could potentially bump into the 40k version of vampires, which are a non-Daemonic warp entity that can manifest into material space of its own accord and feed off living beings; creating a whole murder mystery for them to solve just as an example.

"Them" can include you if you want. Probably beats waiting around.

Karsus the Mad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 26, 2022, 08:30:10 pm »

Fair enough, would still need the other two to be onboard with that though. And my character doesn't have any psysense, or any real social/ investigative skills beyond Deceive and Awareness.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 26, 2022, 08:33:04 pm »

Indaria is combat-paranoid but social-inept.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 26, 2022, 08:34:12 pm »

Fair enough, would still need the other two to be onboard with that though. And my character doesn't have any psysense, or any real social/ investigative skills beyond Deceive and Awareness.

But you do excel at violence, which will be useful if you end up finding your target.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 26, 2022, 08:35:08 pm »

Looks like the corsair has the best Fel between the three of us.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 47