Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: AmeriPol Thread: Crisis  (Read 596 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
AmeriPol Thread: Crisis
« on: June 03, 2022, 01:57:15 pm »

This thread is mainly to discuss firearms, shootings, and various thoughs regarding regulations.
The title is intentionally obtuse, as these themes may very well traumatize people. At least the thread title shouldn't trigger trauma.
Feel free to keep discussing this in the AmeriPol thread, but I was recently reminded that Politics is toxic and needs to remain in Politic-flagged threads.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: AmeriPol Thread: Crisis
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2022, 02:16:15 pm »

ptw
after all, why shouldn't I have a battle tank

it is mine, I founds it, my precious challenger-2

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2022, 02:24:08 pm »

Obvious solution: every American citizen, including small children, needs their own tank. The only thing that really stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a tank.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2022, 02:26:51 pm »

Obvious solution: every American citizen, including small children, needs their own tank. The only thing that really stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a tank.
100% agree with this
I know my younger self would also love this

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2022, 03:03:50 pm »

but what if a bad guy comes at you with an amphibious expeditionary assault force backed by indirect naval fire?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2022, 03:16:11 pm »

but what if a bad guy comes at you with an amphibious expeditionary assault force backed by indirect naval fire?
QUICK, Everyone Move to Kansas!

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2022, 03:17:59 pm »

:o Good point.

Ok, give every citizen anti-ship missiles too, just in case. Then we will finally be safe.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2022, 03:59:10 pm »

Mandatory amputation of the index and middle fingers of every citizen would prevent most if not all firearm related deaths
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2022, 12:33:11 am »

Mandatory amputation of the index and middle fingers of every citizen would prevent most if not all firearm related deaths
The hundred years war solution

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2022, 03:48:41 am »

Nah, they would just start making guns that you pull the trigger using your thumb with.
Accuracy would be down, but that just means you have to shoot more bullets to hit your target.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.