Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Keystoning  (Read 717 times)

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
Keystoning
« on: May 30, 2022, 03:38:23 pm »

Make one

(The core principle of something something)
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Keystoning
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2022, 03:52:25 pm »

Ok for starters how about we stop treating concrete like shit and respect it for the powerful material it is, and stop fucking it up by placing iron rebar in it. If you make your whole building out of concrete and rebar to compensate for the shitty tension abusing design it is, on paper it seems cheaper than making a pure concrete compressive building. HOWEVER, this is only if you make the short-sighted view of fucking over future generations, because that building will decay and wither, and it turns out the cost of making the same building twice is more than the cost of making the building right once. Concrete utilises sand which is an increasingly scarce resource - it is not renewable, in the sense that it cannot be made without horrendous expenditure of energy resources, and usable sand for concrete is not a resource we can afford to readily deplete. Once it has been turned into concrete, you're not turning it back into sand without leaving it in the ocean for a million years.
Make a single concrete building. No iron rusting and cracking inside it. It will last like a roman building; there isn't really anything too special about roman concrete, our concrete today is also good, but concrete can never last long if you put rusting/expanding metal inside it. Really all buildings should try in so far as possible to not violate the same material rule. It's why there are houses made of nought but red brick or houses made of nought but wood that are older than the United States, because same material rule goes a long way to avoiding moisture trappage.

And you know what, whilst I'm shilling for concrete appreciation as an expensive resource and not a cheap resource, why stop there?
Fucking plastic. Plastic is considered one of the cheapest and most disposable resources we have, and yet it comes from a non-renewable resource and has physical properties that are downright miraculous. On its properties alone, plastic should be the substance of our most essential of stuff, not the most frivolous. SPREAD THE GOOD WORD

APPRECIATE CONCRETE

BE GRATEFUL FOR PLASTIC

REMEMBER SAND

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2022, 01:45:48 am »

I agree with all of the above.

But I'd like to also include glass in this conversation as a glass bottle that's 100 years old is still exactly the same as it was when it was new and yet people just throw them into the trash, also even a broken bottle can be melted down and made into a new bottle numerous times and not lose any of it's strength.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2022, 02:59:10 pm »

REMEMBER SAND

I took this as including glass in the conversation.  But thanks for Remembering Sand.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2022, 11:07:26 pm »

The keystone of general discussion is six or seven zero-effort novel threads a week
Shoes...

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2022, 12:36:36 am »

I feel that Novel needs more clickbait in his tread titles.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2022, 08:16:51 am »

The keystone of general discussion is six or seven zero-effort novel threads a week

Thank you.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2022, 09:27:23 am »

I took this as including glass in the conversation.  But thanks for Remembering Sand.
Gloss over glass? Glaring globalism gloomily glaring not a glance at glass is gloatingly consuming a gluttonous glut of sand. Gladly I'd remember sand, and gladly I'd gleam over glass

I feel that Novel needs more clickbait in his tread titles.
A new keystone for the forum future

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2022, 01:15:43 pm »

Never liked Keystone
More of a Stella Artois kinda fella
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*