Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia: BYOR Edition - Game Over!  (Read 26016 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia: BYOR Edition - Game Over!
« Reply #375 on: June 28, 2022, 09:14:30 pm »

« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 11:23:20 pm by Jim Groovester »
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
Re: Beginner Mafia: BYOR Edition - Day 3: Eliminate Or Lose
« Reply #376 on: June 28, 2022, 09:19:41 pm »

Now, before I officially lay down my no vote, let me lay down all this:

Re-Reading the thread, I've found a lot of instances of Jim Groovester flip-flopping on whether BluarianKnight is actual scum or not.. and just generally being bizarre on some reads.

CM = Commentary

For all that, we've lost the ability to choose if Lidku is town. Which I feel he is. So I'll put my money there too, EucrheJack.

I really hope EuchreJack is scum because in order for town to win if he's not is for BluarianKnight, EuchreJack, and I all to agree on somebody to lynch and the only two people we could all agree on is TricMagic or Lidku (CM: Really? Only EuchreJack, the outed Mafia, had suspected me. Also, both TricMagic and BluarianKnight briefly came to a consensus that it was either between Jim and Jack being a team before this previously... all that posturing to somewhat defend EuchreJack and he was discovered as Mafia..) and I don't see that happening.

I think it's BK here.

Unless Lidku is a psychopath and hated EuchreJack there's basically no way he's scum. I'd be very surprised if TricMagic is scum and if he is then he's playing a hell of a game.

(CM: After the previous bizarre read on either me or TricMagic being scum, and saying supposedly everyone else was thinking so, when that decidedly wasn't the case, now Jim does a blitz toward BluarianKnight? Really suspicious...)

I did nothing; there was no good choice to redirect the night kill to.

Let's see.

As I mentioned during Day 3 the game didn't immediately end when Lidku voted EuchreJack so that means there was at least one scum between the two of them-

(CM: No. You said that either you, EuchreJack, and BluarianKnight would have to vote to lynch either me or TricMagic; which was not feasible, since me, TricMagic, and BluarianKnight started to suspect you previously on D3...)

-it's technically possible that they could both be scum but I feel like that's a vanishingly small chance. For how much Lidku had to say about me during Day 3 he could have voted me instead, and this would have worked out better for a Lidku/EuchreJack team than Lidku voting EuchreJack. I don't think Lidku is worth considering as scum here.

TricMagic has been active, aggressive, and confrontational. If TricMagic is scum then his game is significantly different than in the Headhunter where he was much more reserved. TricMagic THUNDERDOMED BluarianKnight which is stupid but is an action I much more readily see a town player calling for than a scum player. TricMagic spent a large portion of Day 1 and a bit of Day 2 trying to get EuchreJack lynched, and TricMagic cast the second vote on EuchreJack during Day 3, essentially sealing his fate. If TricMagic is scum then even with Lidku's vote on EuchreJack a TricMagic/EuchreJack team still has a viable option of pulling out a Day 3 win by trying to convince me to vote for BluarianKnight before EuchreJack, but TricMagic decides not to pursue that option, opting instead to put EuchreJack at L-1, which if he were scum would be incredibly cutthroat and ruthless of him. I think the likelier explanation for TricMagic's behavior is that he's town. As Lidku points out EuchreJack consistently since the start of the game reads TricMagic as town which is an odd interaction, but while EuchreJack's interactions with TricMagic are off, TricMagic's interactions with EuchreJack seem normal enough.

BluarianKnight has played somewhat passively and more often than not has faded into the background during days due to low activity relative to other players. Day 1 BluarianKnight goes after Roden-

(CM: They didn't really go after Roden, just analyzed them.)

-and the case is somewhat sensible (if eventually incorrect) but then goes after Oliverz144 with kind of a low effort case. During Night 1 BluarianKnight says Oliverz144 is noob town, then later on in Day 2 reverses the read and suspects Oliverz144 again. The reversal of attitude regarding Oliverz144 is something I noted during Day 2 and is something I find concerning. Day 3 BK doesn't do much but given how the day unfolded that's not really that surprising or that damning. On Day 1 BK goes after TricMagic for being too aggressive against EuchreJack which was a strange interaction that I noted during Day 1-

(CM: Yet later on, BluarianKnight changes their opinion and switches back to suspecting Oliverz144, who everyone was heavily suspecting already. You were in the vote and also somewhat led the charge against Oliverz144, remember?)

-During Day 2 EuchreJack votes BluarianKnight twice but the votes don't seem serious and don't go anywhere. Rather than try to get momentum on BluarianKnight EuchreJack decides to hammer Oliverz144. Given the weaker play and the lack of significant interaction between BluarianKnight and EuchreJack I think BK's play can plausibly be weak town and can also plausibly be weak scum.-

(CM: That's not really a definitive conclusion.. at all. Sounds like something to say just fluff, to put toward pivoting interest)

This makes the BluarianKnight/EuchreJack team the most likely in my opinion and therefore BluaranKnight as the likeliest final scum player. There's also that BluarianKnight is always scum and never not scum so he has that working against him as well.

I'll wait for TricMagic and BluarianKnight to show up and say their piece but I'm reasonably confident it's BluarianKnight.

(CM: Generally, I find the read kinda weak. You didn't even mention or really acknowledged BluarianKnight's roleblock ability; especially it was instrumental toward getting TricMagic to suspect EuchreJack again, along with the fact that BluarianKnight has been consistence from the start of claiming they've had roleblock)

WTF! I KNEW IT! I WAS STILL TYPING!!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 28, 2022, 09:22:24 pm »

WTF! I KNEW IT! I WAS STILL TYPING!!
Sorry.  You actually almost carried the Town to victory single-handedly, too!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 28, 2022, 09:30:07 pm »

Always be paranoid around vets, they lie 150% of the time.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 28, 2022, 09:42:03 pm »

Pushing BluarianKnight to do a No Vote was a critical mistake on my part. They were demoralized from playing the game from outside IRL conditions.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 28, 2022, 09:43:40 pm »

a revive and a kill in a 9p mafia game

Good grief I'm lucky the night game in BYORs is almost completely incomprehensible most of the time. Dodged several bullets this game.

Pushing BluarianKnight to do a No Vote was a critical mistake on my part. They were demoralized from playing the game from outside IRL conditions.

After TricMagic voted BluarianKnight I don't think there really was much that could be done.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 28, 2022, 09:48:15 pm »

If I fully reconsolidated my suspicion into voting you and BluarianKnight agreed to vote against you also, would that have still also sparked a tie?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 28, 2022, 09:53:07 pm »

You needed TricMagic, BK, and yourself. It was true in 5p lylo but it was also true in 4p milo that one miscast vote meant the game would be over.

The game could've technically continued if BK wasn't the one to be lynched because I had no way to deal with the roleblock, but given the composition at the end of the game I don't think that was going to happen.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 28, 2022, 10:21:22 pm »

The game could've been decided by Jim choosing someone other than BluarianKnight to break the tie.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 28, 2022, 10:37:22 pm »

Day 4 was hard to watch.

Spoiler: My feelings (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 10:49:06 pm by ToonyMan »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 28, 2022, 10:50:16 pm »

godfather op pls nerf

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 28, 2022, 10:57:22 pm »

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

I warned people about roles, man, all game long. I shut up when it benefited me though.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 28, 2022, 11:13:15 pm »

I wasn't really following until I saw it was D3 and that Jim was still alive and being a mushroom. So I sent this PM to Web since I like giving private thoughts on games:
Oh my god Jim is still alive and being lazy? He's mafia. Who's it with? I don't know I'm not really following closely...Jack or Tric?

That's all I want to say.
EuchreJack. Tric is being too ridiculous to be Mafia.
So I did have mod confirmation throughout D4, although I was already convinced of Jim.

You really carried town hard at the end there Lidku even if it didn't work out. You were emitting townie energy by giving a ton of effort that also had purpose. I hope I can play a game with you in the future.

For example:
Even when you were told Jim was town, you were still uncomfortable and were giving thoughts and commentary on his posts still. The suspicion was clearly still there because your natural talent/instinct was telling you something was wrong.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

I warned people about roles, man, all game long. I shut up when it benefited me though.
No longer a dunce...oh wait it's still theeeere.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 11:20:07 pm by ToonyMan »

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 28, 2022, 11:20:54 pm »

I wasn't being a mushroom or being lazy! I've been conscious of that scum tell since I knew I fell into doing that in BYOR15 and Roguelike Mafia 7, but I didn't feel that at all during this game.

No longer a dunce...oh wait it's still theeeere.

I've grown attached to it and it makes me laugh.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 28, 2022, 11:36:22 pm »

You really carried town hard at the end there Lidku even if it didn't work out. You were emitting townie energy by giving a ton of effort that also had purpose. I hope I can play a game with you in the future.

For example:
Even when you were told Jim was town, you were still uncomfortable and were giving thoughts and commentary on his posts still. The suspicion was clearly still there because your natural talent/instinct was telling you something was wrong.
No joke, I think everyone would call Lidku MVP this game. I mean, Jim won for his team, but Lidku absolutely did work there.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27