Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia: BYOR Edition - Game Over!  (Read 26054 times)

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
Re: Beginner Mafia: BYOR Edition - Day 4: Final Four
« Reply #345 on: June 28, 2022, 03:37:15 pm »

Actually, no. I've just been busy.

I roleblocked Jim last night. Why? Because looking between my three options..

Tric, as stated earlier, is too aggressive in my eyes, and I've blocked him before to little success.

I think Lidku is too new to be doing this well as pretending to be town - it feels genuine townplay.

So, that left Jim, who.. well, is the best player out of the four of us. If there was someone I'd genuinely not be able to read, it'd be him.

So, I blocked him.

Welp, that puts a hole in my theory that "Jim Groovester could be Mafia still by Redirecting me toward a Townie" theory. The fact that you say you roleblocked him, means that he didn't use a Redirect tactic to throw off my Inspection... I think... he might be genuinely Town. Block is P3 and Redirect is P4.

It would be impossible for him to clamor for a cover through my previous proposed theory...

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 28, 2022, 03:39:23 pm »

Actually, I take back my "think they might be Town," that's too miltuquetoast in this scenario. There is a very high probability Jim Groovester is Town, considering my Inspection confirmed as such. 

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 28, 2022, 03:43:59 pm »

But it still doesn't make sense. Only BluarianKnight has/is confirmed to have had Roleblock so far. And Knightwing64 was blocked from being Auto-Revived, which subsequently led to their doom.

In a theoretical BluarianKnight + EuchreJack team, how could they've coordinated Blocking and then Killing Knightwing64, as if knowing he would have had that Auto-Revive ability? They only could have done that through pure luck... unless their is an ability that can reveal other abilities that I don't know about?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 28, 2022, 03:45:47 pm »

Actually, I take back my "think they might be Town," that's too miltuquetoast in this scenario. There is a very high probability Jim Groovester is Town, considering my Inspection confirmed as such.

I Bussed myself and Blue. You inspected, and found Jim to be Town. Blue blocked Jim. So from your perspective, it's me or Blue. Barring godfather-like shenanigans, which is the only way Jim could be town in this scenario.

Blue likely did block Jim last night. That doesn't change your result. All actions have been accounted for.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 28, 2022, 03:56:13 pm »

I didn't get any notice that I was roleblocked but I also didn't act so that's normal.

Also - Jim doing nothing? The one night when he's roleblocked?
I don't think that. I think he tried a night kill and failed.

I figured TricMagic's bus was going to make N3 chaotic and without knowing who he targets there's no way I can reliably redirect the kill and doing so might've screwed with what he was trying to do. Furthermore I can't redirect you to yourself for the night kill so that means I have to redirect it to TricMagic or Lidku and I read both of them as town. Redirecting the kill to me I think is the best option here but I don't think my redirect can self-target. So really the best option was to just do nothing.

It's perfectly possible that BK goes for a hail mary frame job on me instead of a kill given how dense N3 was going to be.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 28, 2022, 03:58:41 pm »

Of note, Day 3 had 2 posts from blue. A 'Reveal' of his role(which I'm pretty sure I remember he's used before in another game). And this.

Blue's claim is very impressive in it's stonewalling, as killing him means mafia would apparently have an extra vote tomorrow.

That's not how I read the claim.

My role is called the Necromancer.

I have a role block and.. well, if I were to die before this, I would have been able to vote 1 time beyond the grave.

The way I read this is that prior to lylo BK would be able to vote while dead once, but now that it is lylo that ability no longer functions.

But it's also a lylo breaker and I don't believe those are in the game since they are stupid and webadict knows they're stupid. This is just about the only time I'm willing to read the mod regarding roles and the setup.

I had to touch on this since arbitrarily deciding one player is off limits for lylo because of role nonsense, despite you saying you suspect them, concerns me.

Actually, if I used my deadvote ability to cause a tie, my pick would be picked.

So, LYLO being dead would've had benefit, but, bleh.

Fuck. Honestly?

I'm between Jack or Jim.
Of course your vote would be picked, you're mafia BlueKnight. Only way out of this would to look back over the action reports of the various nights and build a case out of that.

I didn't get any notice that I was roleblocked but I also didn't act so that's normal.

Also - Jim doing nothing? The one night when he's roleblocked?
I don't think that. I think he tried a night kill and failed.

I figured TricMagic's bus was going to make N3 chaotic and without knowing who he targets there's no way I can reliably redirect the kill and doing so might've screwed with what he was trying to do. Furthermore I can't redirect you to yourself for the night kill so that means I have to redirect it to TricMagic or Lidku and I read both of them as town. Redirecting the kill to me I think is the best option here but I don't think my redirect can self-target. So really the best option was to just do nothing.

It's perfectly possible that BK goes for a hail mary frame job on me instead of a kill given how dense N3 was going to be.
This is good reasoning. Props to Jim if he is Mafia at the end of this. At the moment though, Blue's my vote.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 28, 2022, 04:05:58 pm »

If it's going to be me vs BK that's fine.

I think I'm ready; I don't need any more time.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 28, 2022, 04:21:48 pm »

Wait, I have a crack-pot remaining theory (and yes, it's another Jim-related theories):

Since Knightwing64's Auto-Revive ability was trigger based, and reacted (as per the rules on Turn Order in the OP post)
on the Block, which is Priority 3; Knightwing64's Auto-Revive ability subsequently also became a P3 in order calculation.
Simultaneously as a consequence of being a Block by default, BluarianKnight's Block had nullified Knightwing64's Auto-Revive..

However, this nullification could have been removed, if Jim Groovester truthful telling the truth about Redirecting BluarianKnight
toward EuchreJack (which he said he did on N2).

Redirection is Priority 4 (P4).

If Jim Groovester truly used Redirection as he claimed, BluarianKnight would have
Blocked EuchreJack's Kill (in a scenario of sake-of-argument belief where EuchreJack, among the
Mafia internal decision-making on N2, decided for Jack specifically to carry out the kill) on N2, instead of Blocking Knightwing64, which unintentionally caused his demise.

Knightwing64 probably would done some sort of theoretical action (which we will never know of
since he died), with his 1-Use Auto-Revive not being used up at all, or being known at all, since the Kill toward him
would've been blocked.

From what I've quickly learned, Night cycles progress based on submitted Turn Actions alone.
I was under the newbish belief that a kill HAD to happen for the Night to progress, but that was wrong.

Under the above scenario, everything would have went off on N2 without a single kill, like what has happened on previous N3. We
would have preceded into D3 with nobody killed.

It could have actually been where:

1) BluarianKnight had Blocked Knightwing64
2) EuchreJack used his Protection ability on Jim (since EuchreJack mentoined he protected Jim)
3) And Jim Groovester was the one actually chosen to do the kill, not doing any Redirection at all, as they've claimed to
have done.

I just find it very hard to believe that Mafia could have possibly known about Knightwing64's Auto-Revive and maneuvered a
kill-down where they Blocked it, then went in for a Kill.. it's just way too.. shaky..

What if my Inspection didn't work? I've looking over the wiki. What if Jim Groovester's role has somesort of Godfather-like
mechanism imbedded into it? Maybe that's why my Inspection didn't work? What if he didn't need a Redirect at all to deceive my Inspection, but just needed to do nothing and not kill me, and get a "Town" confirmation?

I say all this because no matter what, Knightwing64 WOULD have been Auto-Revived without being Blocked. Hell, even with being Blocked, someone else STILL would have needed to kill them thereafter. BluarianKnight came out and straight admitted they roleblocked Knightwing64, lamenting on the loss, considering they were Town..

Also, remember TricMagic (but its too late now since you voted), without BluarianKnight mentioning they roleblocked you on N1, you would've stopped suspecting EuchreJack the entire game. Them admitting that crucial fact put you back on the right track.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 28, 2022, 04:29:33 pm »

And remember, my above theory is predicated on BluarianKnight being consistent and matching up with them claiming to have a Roleblock. No one else alive in this game has claimed (or if I remember correctly) or deceased, has claimed to have had a Roleblock beside BluarianKnight. Knightwing64's Auto-Revive was blocked, which could have only been possible from BluarianKnight.

I'm leaning toward BluarianKnight being Town.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 28, 2022, 04:49:43 pm »

There is a reason they're called cracked pot theories Lidku. Look at previous days, BlueKnight has consistently stayed under the radar for the most part.

Either way, I'm ready to end this. Or we can just skip the day if you're so inclined, we'd be one shorter, but you'd be able to inspect Blue to your heart's content as they murder you.

BlueKnight

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 28, 2022, 04:51:57 pm »

i've invented another imaginary world that lets me suspect Jim

I explained this to you yesterday but you didn't believe me. Roleblocks are P3 and redirects are P4. The roleblock outprioritizes the redirection. I cannot redirect the target of a roleblock.

Also if you have role related questions you should be asking webadict instead of going to mafiawiki since it's his game and his rules.

You are trying to drink your own koolaid way too hard, You desperately want me to be scum so you are inventing increasingly elaborate what if scenarios where I am scum and wholeheartedly embracing them regardless of how likely they are. You do not suspect me of being scum because of anything I've done or any interactions I've had with any other player, it's literally all just role bullshit nonsense.

There is a reason they're called cracked pot theories Lidku. Look at previous days, BlueKnight has consistently stayed under the radar for the most part.

Either way, I'm ready to end this. Or we can just skip the day if you're so inclined, we'd be one shorter, but you'd be able to inspect Blue to your heart's content as they murder you.

BlueKnight

Yeah I do not want another day of this.

BluarianKnight.

Up to you, Lidku. Win or lose, it's all in your hands.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 28, 2022, 05:06:44 pm »

I initially wrote up my final decision, but before I post it, I want to take your advice and ask @webadict directly. I want to be at least 85% sure before I post.

Redirection merely changes the Target being Targeted, correct? The effects of the entire turn order for the Night does take effect until everything is processed?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 28, 2022, 05:11:15 pm »

I think generally actions only affect other actions upstream of the priority order.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 28, 2022, 05:29:08 pm »

As a reminder Ldiku, at this moment, town only has two options. Vote to skip the day or vote to lynch Blue. Kinda similar to what I did yesterday, when you made the first vote.

...Not much else to do. If you vote anyone else Mafia wins. Cause they can just tie the vote and pick the one being lynched.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 28, 2022, 05:57:16 pm »

BluarianKnight, are you still active? I have a proposition that I'd like to wager between me, you, and Jim Groovester. This proposition will be deciding factor in who is the remaining Mafia in this game.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27