Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia: BYOR Edition - Game Over!  (Read 26119 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia: BYOR Edition - Day 2: A Retired Game of BYOR
« Reply #240 on: June 24, 2022, 12:17:32 pm »

Why not today? We've been pretty active on the site in general today. Kinda suspect. What's your response toward TricMagic claiming you're Mafia along with BluarianKnight.

Your homework assignment is to go look at all the roles on MafiaWiki.
You will see several roles where the optimal play is to NOT claim.  That is what I'm doing.  Wish I could help you, but I need the WIFOM.
Why are you SO eager to know my role?

Tric is being Tric.  My head hurts to try to figure out the logical fallacies that led Tric to that conclusion.
I mean, Tric apparently KNOWS that he redirected me and KNOWS that I did not do the kill.  Yet I am suspected of being with Blue because Blue claims to have blocked Tric's redirect of my action onto a living player?

Hey, how come nobody has asked Oliverz144 what their action was?

Oliverz144

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 24, 2022, 12:24:17 pm »

Sorry Jack, the opportunity for that has completely passed when you didn't tell when you had targeted last night.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 24, 2022, 12:25:45 pm »

Put simply, either I am lying, or Blue is lying. There isn't any chance of both of us telling the truth. You don't get to redirect things now when I was pushing you to see who you ended up targeting after everything was said and done. That was a very simple question that would give info to the town, and you botched it and stalled out.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #243 on: June 24, 2022, 12:59:50 pm »

I'm just going to vote BluarianKnight. If this vote against Blue catches on, and they get lynched, but it was discovered that they were actually Town; we'll know it is in fact TricMagic who was scum all along.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 24, 2022, 01:02:08 pm »

Reason being that TricMagic heavily pivoted interest toward EuchreJack and BluarianKnight simultaneously.

Though if it is indeed found that BluarianKnight is Mafia, then EuchreJack would become the next prime suspect, due to previous suspicions of being in a team with BluarianKnight.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 24, 2022, 01:09:47 pm »

@Blue: WHY did you roleblock Tric?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 24, 2022, 01:15:02 pm »

@Blue: WHY did you roleblock Tric?
It isn't quite a question of why Jack. One of us is lying here, yeah? So, why is Blue claiming to have roleblocked me?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 24, 2022, 01:26:23 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Oliverz144 - 2 - Jim Groovester*, EuchreJack*,
BluarianKnight - 1 - Lidku*,
Jim Groovester - 1 - Oliverz144*,
TricMagic - 1 - TricMagic*,
EuchreJack - 0 -
Knightwing64 - 0 -
Lidku - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 2 - BluarianKnight, Knightwing64*,

4 to Hammer. Day ends on June 24, 2022 at 22:00 CDT (8 hours and 34 minutes remaining.)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 24, 2022, 01:28:23 pm »

8 hours left..

To note, either vote me out, or vote blue out. One of us is lying, the other is telling the truth.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 24, 2022, 01:52:25 pm »

Well with this current status quo, only Oliverz144 is going to be voted out.

Jim Groovester & Euchrejack: Any reason why you guys might still suspect Oliverz144? I'm just inquisitive right now at the moment.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 24, 2022, 02:11:03 pm »

I can respond in an hour.

To answer why I blocked him? I felt Oliver was maybe newbie town, Rodem was probably going to get targeted already, and Tric was my second pick for dangerous Mafia.

Tric wouldn't know he was blocked as much ability doesn't inform the blocked person.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 24, 2022, 02:26:43 pm »

I can respond in an hour.

To answer why I blocked him? I felt Oliver was maybe newbie town, Rodem was probably going to get targeted already, and Tric was my second pick for dangerous Mafia.

Tric wouldn't know he was blocked as much ability doesn't inform the blocked person.

... Shouldn't you have led with that? Also, that means Jack is not absolved of guilt, so why do late to bring it up?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 24, 2022, 02:50:48 pm »

EuchreJack please answer my questions.

Um, okay.

TricMagic

You rather like to play dangerously, huh. But note this, by either of our admissions, I didn't perform the kill last night. Either I redirected Jack to Oliver, or I was blocked.
Lynch all Liers is very much in effect. So I'm thunderdoming them. Ready for the lightning BlueKnight?

I DIDN'T DO THE KILL

SO I'M GOING TO DECLARE A THUNDERDOME BETWEEN ME AND BLUARIANKNIGHT

AND I'M GOING TO VOTE AGAINST MYSELF IN THE THUNDERDOME I DECLARED JUST NOW BETWEEN ME AND BLUARIANKNIGHT

THE BIGGEST BRAINIEST ONE HUNDRED AND FIVE IQ PLAYS RIGHT HERE

And Roleblock is very much a mafia ability.
Put simply, either I am lying, or Blue is lying. There isn't any chance of both of us telling the truth.

ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THIS TRICMAGIC

ARE YOU REALLY SURE

HOW MANY BYORS HAS TOWN LOST BECAUSE OF DUMB ASSUMPTIONS LIKE THIS

ARE YOU GOING TO TELL ME THAT IN A GAME WHERE EVERYBODY HAS A ROLE AND IN A GAME SERIES WHERE THE MODERATOR GENERATES ROLES WITH COUNTLESS EXCEPTIONS TO TRADITIONAL ABILITY USAGE THAT THE ONLY EXPLANATION FOR YOURS AND BLUARIANKNIGHT'S NIGHT ACTIONS HAS TO BE THAT ONE OF YOU IS SCUM

AND ARE YOU GOING TO TELL ME THAT YOU'RE WILLING TO STAKE THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME ON THIS

@Max: Is Knightwing scum? I never figured out how to use the secret decoder ring to detect Knightwing's alignment.
So far he seems like he's actually trying. Maybe not MUCH, but I'd definitely say the secret decoder ring isn't giving me any strong scum signal. That said, I'm not convinced of the continuing utility of that ring now that he knows the secret and can just stop doing it.

I have not read the rest of the thread yet.
I think that knightwing is town for this.
Mafia  wouldnt kill maximum if he townreads one of their scummers.
So far i think the team is tric/jack, with jim maybe somewhere in there

Given your reads I find it strange that you're voting me.

Also I don't see how a TricMagic/EuchreJack team makes sense given that TricMagic had it out for EuchreJack during Day 1.

This is strange; Oliverz144 was your end of day vote. Apparently you dropped that suspicion going into N1 for some reason.

Also Roden was dead going into N1 so it's weird that he was a potential target for you.

Reads:
Oliverz144 - scummy for the reasons I mentioned earlier in the day; also is proposing another contradictory scum team
BluarianKnight - Day 1 effort was fine but Day 2 has been lackluster; the few expressed opinions during Day 2 are strange given what BK expressed during D1
EuchreJack - bizarre reads that are picked up and then dropped just as quickly, as usual; generally it feels like he's a weaker, less present version of his normal self
Knightwing64 - still reading Knightwing64 as town; has yet to take a strong stand during Day 2
Lidku - I still think Lidku is more likely town than not but their Day 2 play is generally weak consisting mostly of taking cues from others
TricMagic - still my strongest town read but thunderdoming is fucking stupid

Jim's read on every player: their day 2 sucks
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 24, 2022, 03:20:37 pm »

Well with this current status quo, only Oliverz144 is going to be voted out.

Jim Groovester & Euchrejack: Any reason why you guys might still suspect Oliverz144? I'm just inquisitive right now at the moment.

Good question!
As for me, I'm voting Oliverz144 because they didn't claim their Day 2 action.  Yes, this is hypocritical because I also did not claim my Day 2 action.
But Oliverz144 was not even ASKED for their Day 2 action.  I at least have been adamant that I will not be claiming Day 2.
But Oliverz144 has basically been playing extremely stupid, so I guess I can UNVOTE.

Lidku: I think Lidku is fake claiming. I think Lidku is scum.

You agreed with me on Day 1 about Lidku being town. Is his claim really that far out of field for you that you've flipped your opinion about him?

Lidku is playing quite better today, to the point that I had honestly forgot the whole "too newbie to be scum" read. I was also trying to gauge Lidku's reaction.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 24, 2022, 03:32:19 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Oliverz144 - 2 - Jim Groovester*, EuchreJack*,
BluarianKnight - 1 - Lidku*,
Jim Groovester - 1 - Oliverz144*,
TricMagic - 1 - TricMagic*,
EuchreJack - 0 -
Knightwing64 - 0 -
Lidku - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 3 - BluarianKnight, Knightwing64*, EuchreJack (see above)

4 to Hammer. Day ends on June 24, 2022 at 22:00 CDT

This voting catches no scum.

Could the Knights please vote? BluarianKnight typically waits to vote, and Knightwing64 typically needs prodding to vote. So this is Prodding Time!

Jim & Oliverz seem to be cross-voting.  If this wasn't their first game together, I'd say they just don't like each other.  Apparently nobody agrees with either of them.

Tric: STOP VOTING YOURSELF. If you think Blue is scum, fucking vote Blue!

Lidku is being sensible.  Don't want to punish that behavior, since it seems to be in short supply. In fact, I'll follow Lidku's lead and vote BluarianKnight.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27