Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia: BYOR Edition - Game Over!  (Read 25901 times)

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
Re: Beginner Mafia: BYOR Edition - Day 1: Find The Thieves!
« Reply #105 on: June 20, 2022, 02:00:49 pm »

Sorry about that, I corrected a spelling mistake.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 20, 2022, 02:17:54 pm »

Sorry about that, I corrected a spelling mistake.
Yeah, unfortunately you can't do that.
Your erors have to remainder forevr.  :P

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 20, 2022, 02:20:21 pm »

@Max: Is Knightwing scum? I never figured out how to use the secret decoder ring to detect Knightwing's alignment.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 20, 2022, 02:49:16 pm »

Reads list:
(this is hard, why won't you all post more!?)
Spoiler: Easy Version (click to show/hide)
TricMagic: I really find it hard to believe this is scum!Tric.  For one thing, scum!Tric wouldn't be trying so hard to convince me that he was scum...
Lidku: This newbie is trying, and I'm basically brushing off anything scummy as just not knowing what they're doing.  Good intentions and all that.
Oliverz144: Null, maybe Roseheart will actually say something when they sub in?  Hopefully soon?
Maximum Spin: I can never read Max on Day 1.
Jim Groovester: Was worried earlier, but now back to usual snarky town self.  But still unsure.
BluarianKnight: Seems townie, but too good at playing scum.  Plus, it has been a while since I've been in a game with Blue, so I'm a bit rusty at reading them.
Knightwing64: I'm starting to get worried that Knightwing is buddying me.
Roden: I'll put Roden here for now.  Maybe when I get an answer to my recent questions, I'll know more? More quiet that I would like.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 20, 2022, 02:51:20 pm »

Reads list:
EDIT for more clarity:
Townish:
TricMagic: I really find it hard to believe this is scum!Tric.  For one thing, scum!Tric wouldn't be trying so hard to convince me that he was scum...
Lidku: This newbie is trying, and I'm basically brushing off anything scummy as just not knowing what they're doing.  Good intentions and all that.
Null:
Oliverz144: Null, maybe Roseheart will actually say something when they sub in?  Hopefully soon?
Maximum Spin: I can never read Max on Day 1.
Jim Groovester: Was worried earlier, but now back to usual snarky town self.  But still unsure.
BluarianKnight: Seems townie, but too good at playing scum.  Plus, it has been a while since I've been in a game with Blue, so I'm a bit rusty at reading them.
Scummish:
Knightwing64: I'm starting to get worried that Knightwing is buddying me.
Roden: I'll put Roden here for now.  Maybe when I get an answer to my recent questions, I'll know more? More quiet that I would like.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 20, 2022, 03:14:20 pm »

Don’t even know what buddying means in mafia terms but it sounds scummy so I disagree

Oliverz144

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 20, 2022, 03:30:23 pm »

I am ttown
I hoep this is balanced
See you tmrw
Correct my english! May Christ bless You!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 20, 2022, 03:44:41 pm »

I am ttown
I hoep this is balanced
See you tmrw
Vote Oliverz144

Because you need to post more than that.

I mean, hey maybe you could do a reads list!
Or ask someone something!
Or make a second post during this day phase!

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 20, 2022, 04:21:38 pm »

I’m pretty sure that they’re a jester? They sound way different from their fit post, I think they figured silence wasn’t working so they made a dumb post

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 20, 2022, 04:22:01 pm »

Uh, Tric, you know you have several votes on you, right?
And I'd say you are more likely town than scum.  So, why should I go after you?
Also, you're an Inventor.  That means free stuff!

Also, I have NO intention of revealing my role.  NONE.  Maybe its best I clarify that NOW.

It's been hard to give reads over the last couple of days since everyone is so NULL, hence why I hadn't bother yet. But now we do have enough info for reads, so I'll get on that.
You're assuming I care about the votes on me Jack.

That said, either Roden of Blue is scumteamed with you. So I'd be fine voting either.
If you think Jack is guaranteed scum and that one of Blu or me is a possible partner, wouldn't it make more sense to vote the player you feel more confident is scum than someone you think you could be wrong about?

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 20, 2022, 04:25:50 pm »

Game state is pretty dead, it feels like a lot of people are too apprehensive to make a serious push somewhere. I'm hoping Oliver shows up soon and makes an impact.

People such as...?

Also I'm not trying to mechanically solve because that just isn't a good idea today. Day 2 claims will likely help us lock down scum since we'll have more information to work with.

If this weren't a Beginner's Mafia I'd say it's not worth trying to mechanically solve the game since I think webadict hates it when that happens, but this is a Beginner's Mafia so I'm wondering if it might be useful in this game.
Mainly the people who aren't voting. And in Lidku's case, voting someone he doesn't seem to want to lynch.

And I do think mechanical solving has it's place in this game. Just, not right now. Most can we do on Day 1 is discuss PRs, which just seems like a bad idea right now. Worst case scenario, Cop and Doc exists and gets outed and made useless before they get a chance to act.

While I agree that Cop and Doc, if they exist, should shut the fuck up, perhaps there are roles are ok to discuss?
Off the top of my head, I'll add Roleblocker, Jailkeeper, and Bulletproof to that list of DO NOT DISCUSS.

Tric's already hinted at Inventor, and the word Vigilante has been batted around. Who do you think should get the Inventor's stuff, if one exists? Who should the Vigilante shoot, if one exists?
Main issue that if someone claims not Doc or not Cop, it narrows the choices down for scum.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 20, 2022, 04:33:24 pm »

Also, I have NO intention of revealing my role.  NONE.  Maybe its best I clarify that NOW.

It's been hard to give reads over the last couple of days since everyone is so NULL, hence why I hadn't bother yet. But now we do have enough info for reads, so I'll get on that.

That said, either Roden of Blue is scumteamed with you. So I'd be fine voting either.
If you think Jack is guaranteed scum and that one of Blu or me is a possible partner, wouldn't it make more sense to vote the player you feel more confident is scum than someone you think you could be wrong about?
Pretty much, but does it look like anyone else is? I made my case, not much else I can do if he's not going to interact beyond "townreading" me.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 20, 2022, 06:31:13 pm »

Pretty much, but does it look like anyone else is? I made my case, not much else I can do if he's not going to interact beyond "townreading" me.
WTF? How am I not interacting?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 20, 2022, 08:18:24 pm »

@Max: Is Knightwing scum? I never figured out how to use the secret decoder ring to detect Knightwing's alignment.
So far he seems like he's actually trying. Maybe not MUCH, but I'd definitely say the secret decoder ring isn't giving me any strong scum signal. That said, I'm not convinced of the continuing utility of that ring now that he knows the secret and can just stop doing it.

I have not read the rest of the thread yet.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 20, 2022, 08:48:35 pm »

Your secret to telling if I’m scum or not is judging the effort I put in to the game?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I think that either Tric or Jack is scum, although they could just be 2 dumb townies duking it out for some reason.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27