Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 37

Author Topic: Only WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!(IC)  (Read 22077 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Only WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!(IC)
« Reply #420 on: July 13, 2022, 01:09:25 pm »

((Do I have to maintain prescience as my first half action or does it just matter that I do it at some point during my turn?))

Just some time during your turn, though I can't immediately see why it would matter. Keep in mind it has a range of 3*PR.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 13, 2022, 01:38:53 pm »

maintain prescience and aim at an ork manning (orking?) a kannon
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 13, 2022, 11:09:40 pm »

maintain prescience and aim at an ork manning (orking?) a kannon

Judging by the small heat signature, it is in fact a grot grotting- wait we did this gag already! You hear groans from the warp! They're more tortured soul groans than joke groans, but it is the thought that counts.

Speaking of prescience most of your visions are now of you and your comrades getting hit by kannon shells and getting subsequently sprayed across the countryside. You may consider watching out for that.

In either case you miss your target. The Imperium should really consider giving feudal worlders more range time.

From the wall the gretchen aims his gun at the smoke. With a blast radius of 4 meters he has a good chance of hitting anything in the 6 meter smoke. With a brain just barely capable of remembering where his target was before the smoke came up the odds might be even higher. It does the rough Orkish equivalent to aiming before sending the shell towards the fisherman.

Richie Oathall

Your world is covered in smoke. You see the grot move to fire its cannon through your goggles. You jump to your pre-selected position. You cover your head. You pray to the Emperor.

A big orkish shell knocks you arse over head. You're flying through the air above your cloud of smoke. You see your right arm flying a different direction. It has half your torso with it. Your lungs, your liver, your intestines...how many fish have you gutted just like that? Never before would you think that you would see yourself in their position. Let alone so far from home, to such advanced weapons, to such strange foes. Still this mental association has its bright side. It means your last thoughts where of home.

Richie Oathall is slain.

The Orks give you little time to morn the dead. Realizing they can hit neither of you themselves, the wall Orks begin laying down suppressive fire on the forest 'ummies. Or maybe they're just randomly firing and it happens to have that effect. Eltiazh is pinned, Bahzil is just barely pinned. Both of your Comrades where about to join cohesion but now they're pinned too. The Grechen jumps down to join the kannon team, high-fiving his comrade for the victory.

A new group of grots arms a third kannon facing the APCs. Jammed APC manages to unjam itself, but still needs to reload. The final kannon fires, hitting Chevalier incidentally thanks to the blast rules. It is a solid hit, but a heavily armored Imperial fighting machine has a much greater chance of surviving such a blow than a young fisherman. It hits the tracks sending the Chimera wild...for almost a second before the apparently skilled knight driving it manages to easily regain control.

Forest 0 meter line
Fortress 100 meter line
Richie 10 meters from the Emperor's side
Eltiazh In Forest Behind Cover 103 meters from fortress
Bahzil In Forest Behind Cover
Gretchen 0 Meters from fortress
Ork 0 Meters from fortress
Other Orks- Clearly present but not available for shooting at you.
300 meters from Fortress, Railroad clearing/APC entrance. At the 100 meter from fortress mark you would be 123 meters from the ground team, if that makes any sense.
Grace Chimera 220 meters from fortress
NPC APCs 240 meters from fortress Chevalier -8 Driver has 1 fatigue
Wall Ork 2 0 Meters from Fortress
Wall Kannon 1 0 Meters from fortress (Dismount side)
Wall Kannon 2 0 Meters from fortress (APC side)
Wall Kannon 3 0 Meters from fortress (APC side)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 13, 2022, 11:56:51 pm »

Okay, I'll be pinned. That's better than being shot. Lie low in the shadows to not attract kannon shells.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 14, 2022, 12:10:48 am »

Okay, I'll be pinned. That's better than being shot. Lie low in the shadows to not attract kannon shells.

Hopefully hiding in the trees will prove more fruitful than hiding in the smoke. You are still pinned.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: July 14, 2022, 12:16:51 am »

Continue speeding to the rescue, accidentally running over the hidden, low-lying nurse but too far away for that to actually happen.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 14, 2022, 09:08:38 am »

Continue speeding to the rescue, accidentally running over the hidden, low-lying nurse but too far away for that to actually happen.

Looks like your fantasies of vehicular homicide distracted you. Which sucks since you control the Chimera with your mind. You start drifting right towards the Fort and end up hitting into a tree after traveling 15 meters. You immediately knock said tree over with little effort, but the shock from the unexpected impact manages to stun everyone in the Chimera for 1 turn.

Gill wakes up from the impact. He stretches and yawns.

The other APCs continue rushing towards the fortress. They've got the same problem as the Ork in that they can't really hit anything, so they opt to spray las fire all over in the hopes it will at least keep the green skin's heads down.

Thale is stunned. He will no longer be stunned next round.

Forest 0 meter line
Fortress 100 meter line
Richie 40 meters from the Emperor's side
Eltiazh In Forest Behind Cover 103 meters from fortress
Bahzil In Forest Behind Cover
Gretchen 0 Meters from fortress
300 meters from Fortress, Railroad clearing/APC entrance. At the 100 meter from fortress mark you would be 123 meters from the ground team, if that makes any sense.
Grace Chimera 210 meters from fortress, 220 from allies
NPC APCs 210 meters from fortress Chevalier -8 Driver has 1 fatigue
Wall Ork 2 0 Meters from Fortress
Wall Kannon 2 0 Meters from fortress (APC side) Suppressed
Wall Kannon 3 0 Meters from fortress (APC side) Suppressed

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 14, 2022, 09:37:22 am »

Bahzil notes Richie’s situation calmly. It was, after all, a distinct possibility in his mind.

He voxes Gunnar.

I need an ETA on your arrival, Richie just got exploded.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 15, 2022, 12:19:07 am »

pin as many cannons as I can, and sustain prescience if I can too

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 15, 2022, 12:11:16 pm »

pin as many cannons as I can, and sustain prescience if I can too

The number of cannons you can pin is zero, since Suppressing fire and Overwatch are both full actions and being pinned means you can only take half actions.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 15, 2022, 03:35:06 pm »

That is no good.

I s’pose I can maintain prescience for Eltiazh then

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 15, 2022, 04:31:49 pm »

That is no good.

I s’pose I can maintain prescience for Eltiazh then

And you do! Your visions probably don't help solve the getting pinned thing, you will remain pinned next turn.

Now a reformed team the grots on the dismount side put a new shell into the kannon that took out Richie. Both Orks seem to get bored of firing in your general direction and hop down the wall. Presumably to get close enough to krump the dismount team.

On the APC side the jammed kannon half-reloads, as does the second kannon. Neither manages to unpin themselves despite being behind sufficient cover. Instead of a new kannon team an Ork appears with some kind of hammer in his hand. He looks at the Chimera confidently. Could this be the end of the ramming meta?

Forest 0 meter line
Fortress 100 meter line
Richie 10000 meters from the Emperor's side
Eltiazh In Forest Behind Cover 103 meters from fortress Pinned
Bahzil In Forest Behind Cover Pinned
Grace Chimera 210 meters from fortress, 220 from allies
NPC APCs 210 meters from fortress Chevalier -8 Driver has 1 fatigue
In-Front-Of-Wall Ork 2 0 Meters from Fortress Dismount side
Wall Kannon 2 0 Meters from fortress (APC side) Suppressed
Wall Kannon 3 0 Meters from fortress (APC side) Suppressed
Tankhamma Ork 0 meters from fortress (APC side)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 15, 2022, 05:06:24 pm »

Stealth pls.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 15, 2022, 05:18:28 pm »

Stealth pls.

The Emperor hears your cry and grants you stealth. It seems like the Orks will have difficulty finding you in the thick jungle in your stealthy suit.

Kinda leaves the psyker as their only target, but still. Good for you at least.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: July 15, 2022, 05:23:50 pm »

Bahzil will remember that.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 37