Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Describe your mental world.  (Read 1109 times)

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
Describe your mental world.
« on: May 21, 2022, 04:03:59 pm »

It's where you spend much of your time...
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Describe your mental world.
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2022, 04:24:22 pm »

If I had to describe my mental world, I'd say I'm almost always thinking about something. The only times I'm not thinking about something is if I try to not think about something. Or if I am too exhausted, or have drunk alcohol, but even then I have not drunk alcohol in a very long time and my sleep is good. So my thoughts are roped together, like one string attached to another, one always leading to the next. It's usually like an inner monologue, but sometimes I can think in images or concepts too, or think in scenarios and events. Picturing the future or remembering the past comes easy in my mind, as does imagining new and wildly different things. I find it funny however that I can picture very complex things very easily, but sometimes fail to grasp very simple things. All of my friends for example cannot work in their bedrooms or kitchens; they tell me it is just impossible, because they cannot get into the right mindset. But I cannot understand outside my own mindset; to me, a room is a room, any meaning we add to it is painted from our minds. So we should be able to unpaint it too, no?
I get many such questions in my mental world. Perhaps this is not what you mean by mental world, but in my mental world I am always examining myself and questioning my ideas. This process easily takes up the majority of my thinking, if I am not thinking of a new story or problem. I think it is a useful trait to have, but I did not deliberately try to shape this kind of mental thought process, it has just always been this way for as long as I can remember.
Probably the most interesting thing for me is that the voice my inner monologue uses - has my accent, but does not have my voice. It may be a voice I used to sound like, but it definitely is not the voice I have now. I hear many people can change the voice of their inner monologue too, so they can re-read this with Morgan Freeman or David Attenborough's voice. This is much the same for me, but if I stop thinking about it, it quickly returns to this "standard thought voice."

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2022, 04:40:29 pm »

The way you ask your questions I can't help but find some twist to them, this is what I had before hitting preview to see if someone ninja'd:

Floors upon floors of burocrats enacting mind dulling procedures to keep foreigners out, their edict is law yet their power is naught.

But LW makes me think of another angle: I think my best thoughts are quasi non-verbal. Nothing but hesitation and trepidation in nailing it down to a particular formulation. Emotions and ranting can cause distinct sentences in single languages, but the closer I am to the zone, the more it's just gibberish reaching for the closest words and idioms among 3 languages, and goes gradually towards mute the more immersed I am.
let

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2022, 05:24:41 pm »

A lovecraftian labyrinth that keeps changing shape, with a ton of me's inside.

I have alot of conversations with myself.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2022, 11:27:25 pm »

I picture it as being in a room full of moving speaker-phones, with each speaker-phone having "something" I can converse with on the other end, and with each speaker-phone having a different "conversation frequency".

As a speaker-phone moves closer to my "center of perception", my speed of thought adjusts to its "conversation frequency", so if I am near a slow speaker-phone, all the other speaker-phone-conversations will appear to speed up, and if I am near a fast speaker-phone, all the other speaker-phone-conversations will appear to slow down.

These speaker-phones move closer when they demand attention, and I move closer to the speaker-phones that I want to converse with. This is not 3D movement. The ratio of my movement and their movement is an astral plane battle of willpower and sometimes it feels like I am throwing bolts of energy at annoying speaker-phones that won't leave me alone while I attempt to maintain a close proximity to other speaker-phones I want to converse with. At the end of a day full of throwing energy bolts, I may find I skipped eating, am over-caffeinated, and am confused by how bright and disorienting the visual world is.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2022, 11:37:26 pm »

I consume
I purchase
I consume again

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2022, 03:04:36 am »

Caution caution caution
To prevent electric chock
Do not do not do not
Remove cover
No user serviceable parts inside
Refer servicing to qualified
Service personnel
Love, scriver~

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2022, 03:19:56 am »

I usually have a story going on in my head that may or may not have anything to do with what I'm doing or what's going on around me.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2022, 06:14:46 am »

Caution caution caution
To prevent electric chock
Do not do not do not
Remove cover
No user serviceable parts inside
Refer servicing to qualified
Service personnel
Shock me like an electric feel

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2022, 02:21:26 pm »

It's completely mental
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2022, 03:49:04 pm »

« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 12:21:33 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2022, 04:02:41 am »

He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2022, 10:09:58 am »

3.5 DnD T-Rex!?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2022, 03:03:37 pm »

...needs more feathers.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2022, 08:26:28 pm »

yeah, just sayin' if i were a t-rex my plumage would be magnificent

so resplendent other species and all genders would be rolling up to gaze in feathered tuftlust
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: [1] 2