Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 38

Author Topic: Jade Court - Game Over - All's Well That Ends Well  (Read 36672 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Jade Court - Nomination Day 2 - United Or Divided?
« Reply #495 on: May 19, 2022, 06:21:09 pm »

That last one is nonsense.

I’ll just read the thread then draw conclusions.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: May 19, 2022, 06:49:07 pm »

That last one is nonsense.

I’ll just read the thread then draw conclusions.
Jack is like TricMagic, except a lot giddier. Does that help?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: May 19, 2022, 06:51:00 pm »

Okay, better. That means Jack will always trigger my scumdar.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: May 19, 2022, 07:00:44 pm »

*cracks knuckles*

I return home. Time to get to work.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: May 19, 2022, 07:24:50 pm »

hector13

Frankly, I don't see much point in posting further.  Everyone has formed their opinions about me.  You either figure I'm definitely town or definitely scum.
At least you can debate among yourselves why I'm voting hector13.  You all need to talk more anyways.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: May 19, 2022, 07:25:50 pm »

Jack claimed to be able to give a vote to someone else. Who are you considering giving it to, and why?

None of your damn business, at this point.

I already miss Max.  :'(

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: May 19, 2022, 07:31:42 pm »

*cracks knuckles*

I return home. Time to get to work.

I'm curious what would prompt this determined seeming post given that the player you are voting for is in the lead for nomination with not much time left in the day.

hector13

Frankly, I don't see much point in posting further.  Everyone has formed their opinions about me.  You either figure I'm definitely town or definitely scum.
At least you can debate among yourselves why I'm voting hector13.  You all need to talk more anyways.

*sigh*

Noooooooo, EuchreJack, pleeeeeeease don't keep your thoughts from us.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: May 19, 2022, 07:36:31 pm »

hector13

*sigh*

...I'm having trouble reading this as anything but sarcasm.  I doubt my "thoughts" matter.
Also, my instinct is to give the extra vote to Web, but I should probably make sure Web is town before doing that.
Maybe I'll just go random and unexpected.  Maybe even give it to the person I trust LEAST, just to get everyone to hate them.
Since apparently, whenever I back anyone, they're IMMEDIATELY SCUM, because Jack is apparently some evil genius.
*Stops to twirl his mustache*

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: May 19, 2022, 07:53:16 pm »

While I am not averse to being nominated, I am averse to anyone being nominated in the last 45 minutes of the day.

Why change your vote at the end of the day? What do you hope to gain from the potential panic?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: May 19, 2022, 07:54:45 pm »

Also, Jack you seem to imply you have two abilities, you can give a vote to someone and you can bribe someone.

Is this accurate?

What does the bribe do?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: May 19, 2022, 07:55:06 pm »

...I'm having trouble reading this as anything but sarcasm.  I doubt my "thoughts" matter.
Also, my instinct is to give the extra vote to Web, but I should probably make sure Web is town before doing that.
Maybe I'll just go random and unexpected.  Maybe even give it to the person I trust LEAST, just to get everyone to hate them.
Since apparently, whenever I back anyone, they're IMMEDIATELY SCUM, because Jack is apparently some evil genius.

You shouldn't let people scum reading you get under your skin like this.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: May 19, 2022, 07:56:57 pm »

Okay, better. That means Jack will always trigger my scumdar.
It won't mean much coming from me, but Jack and Roden aren't scum here. They tend to be scumread a lot by Jim, but Jim has to calibrate his scumdar big time. Jim is probably Town, though, and if he isn't it's not a big deal because he probably won't be voted if it comes to that. Additionally, you are likely Town. I would prefer that Jack and Roden be voted up, but I'm unlikely to get that, and even if I somehow did, it'd be unlikely that they'd be voted by Jim, so I'm actually doing Town a favor by getting Jim away from the voting bloc.

What it comes down to is that you'll be voted in Tomorrow, and if there's a need for a vote, I'm going to push for you (Jim can complain that we're voting NQT, but I'm not doing it, and he'll have no vote, so...) I'm locked in to that game plan, but the chances that a vote is needed is... extremely low.

Also, Euchre, I'd rather hector13 stay un-nominated until Day 3 because he's a better choice there, since his double vote stays while note nominated. ... Also, not sure if you understand, but... I think hector's got only a double vote during nomination?

Isn't it fun when we all work together?

hector13

*sigh*

I'm quite Jade this game, but you're going to doubt me in spite of, you know, me doing everything in my power to keep Jim from fighting you on your own, and in spite of me fighting for Roden. But, you're going to change your mind at the last second, aren't you? If you do, please, please, please, FUCKING PLEASE, don't give your extra vote to ToonyMan, or I will be very disappointed in you. He's literally calling you and Roden part of the scumteam. Like... I just don't even.

It should be obvious that you're Town, and the fact that you're still going to question my alignment will always baffle me because I'm making sure that we're getting only Town players on the nomination board, and if I'm NOT, then WHO WOULD BE MY PARTNER IN THAT CASE? Is it Jim? Is it Max? Is it Roden? Is it NQT? Is it, for some fucking reason, TOONYMAN, WHO I'VE GONE OUT OF MY WAY TO TANK HIS NOMINATION POTENTIAL WHILE ALSO MAKING SURE I DON'T GET NOMINATED?!? Like... It won't matter what I do to push forward a Town agenda, but I want you to restart your brain, look at everything I do and that I've done, and think if that makes sense to do for the Town. And if it DOESN'T, then I can't help you see the truth.

TL;DR: I'm Town. You're Town. Roden's Town. hector13's Town. That's enough for me to call the game over. We nominate Town players, and if we screw up, then we vote for Town players. I might be playing 5D stratego over here, but just... fucking... go with your heart or your brain or whatever the fuck.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: May 19, 2022, 08:01:10 pm »

Also, Jack you seem to imply you have two abilities, you can give a vote to someone and you can bribe someone.

Is this accurate?

What does the bribe do?
The bribe is the extra vote.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: May 19, 2022, 08:06:11 pm »

In no world do I willingly give Toonyman my extra vote.

But I appreciate the talk Web.  Frankly, Toonyman has made sure that anyone I support looks scummy, so I'm not sure it's wise to publicly support anyone.
But yeah, you've been nice to me, so I can give you my extra vote.

Also, I won't be voting for NQT.  The Toonyman connection is too obvious in my mind.  If we are forced into an election, it's because NQT is Onyx.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: May 19, 2022, 08:10:40 pm »

You shouldn't let people scum reading you get under your skin like this.

Sure I should.

With Max, I understood where I stood.  We would likely figure each other out in the end if we were town.
Now hector13 subs in for Max and takes an immediate and irrevocable dislike in me.

So yeah, I'm super pissed, and I have an absolute right to be pissed.

Fine, if my vote is so toxic UNVOTE

I'll only vote to keep Toonyman off the docket.  And probably Knightwing, since Toonyman was so insistent on him.  Although I think Knightwing is just an innocent patsy of Toonyman.

I mean, if you look at Toonyman for the ENTIRE game, you see he's been scum shading me.
I've held back only because attacking someone for scumshading you generally just makes you look worse.

But FUCK IT. I've lost THAT battle, clearly and solely because of this substitution.

So everyone might as well know this is something to look at, if my alignment is at doubt in any way by anyone left.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 38