Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 38

Author Topic: Jade Court - Game Over - All's Well That Ends Well  (Read 36704 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Jade Court - Nomination Day 2 - United Or Divided?
« Reply #480 on: May 19, 2022, 08:59:42 am »

I'm multitasking on a phone so I can't be as elaborate as I want, but I want to say something at least. Some of these are repeats because I wish to say them again.

1. Roden admitted to lurking on purpose and nobody called him scum for it (except Knightwing, which everyone ignored).
Uh, no.

Jim commented on it fairly quickly afterwards at least once, and Web acknowledged that comment in his webby way.

So Toony is outright lying to you there.

2. Jack wants Roden and Max elected, but doesn't want Max to be Emperor should a D4 pass, which is a strange strategy.
I can explain this.  Both Max and I have opposing powers.  Max has a double vote, whereas I can give one vote.  By putting Max on the nominating block, but not electing Max Emperor, it removes Max's double vote.
But why am I explaining this to you? Toonyman both understands the opposing roles and has at least once indicated we could be on opposing teams.

3. Jack claims they voted me on D2 to find my true nature, but they were harping how I was desperate for candidacy before D2 even started. And like NQT points out their accusations of me are erroneous if you actually read D2, I didn't push for my candidacy. I've shot down Jack's slander constantly this game.
So here, I would just like to point out how ToonyMan is trying to invoke NQT.  AND that NQT supports ToonyMan, despite sometimes waffling on that.  But apparently NQT isn't feeling so well.  I certainly know what that is like, so NQT gets a pass for today.

4. Jack convinced Jim to vote himself on D1, which then Egan joined as well. NQT points out right after how suspicious this looks and it ruins Jim's candidacy chances. I think this was intentional. Egan hasn't been involved on D2, but Jack pulled a similar stunt on me D2. I think it's actually quite a smart strategy.
but ToonyMan, I thought you didn't care about being elected?

Not much I can say on this point.  I supported Jim FIRST.  I can't control when others post, or what they post.

I feel that Reina's lack of presence on D2 has significantly hurt us. Also NQT as well, so I'm hopeful they can shed a light today.

I will try to be present in this thread as much as possible, at least on a phone anyway. I don't want there to be any misunderstandings.
NQT has explained his absence.
Reina has not, but we still have time.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 19, 2022, 11:35:49 am »

Okay, due to an actual emergency, I probably need to replace out. Sorry. I'm still town and therefore whoever replaces me is town.

So, I'm gonna propose a trade with Maximum Spin. Max, I will be willing to nominate you Today or Tomorrow (preferably Tomorrow, because then the council is set for me and I won't have to redo this argument where ToonyMan pushes for Knightwing or himself.) The catch is that you vote anyone except ToonyMan, Knightwing, reina (even though reina is probably Town, they're a bit of a liability), or Egan_BW Today and Tomorrow. Pick Jim. Pick Roden. Pick EuchreJack. Pick me. Pick yourself. I will follow that vote. I am sure that Roden and Jack will follow that vote, too. I'm doing my dumb dump truck of trust, but there's a lot of evidence showing that ToonyMan is probably scum, which leaves you as very likely Town, so... I'm gonna make a bit of the same mistake, but hopefully a bit better thought out this time. If I'm not thinking correctly, would someone mind short posting me out of it?

That's five people, Toony. They can't all be scum, and leaving it in the hands of a person you explicitly stated as being fine should be fine, no?
I'm comfortable being nominated tomorrow and nominating... of those, I feel like the safest option, the one who has never struck me as scum this game, is Jim today, sure. I don't have that kind of absolute confidence, so if Jim is Onyx playing real close to the vest I'll take the blame for it I guess, but, while I generally think Roden and Jack are town too, Jim is the one I would worry least about. I think. I'm a little preoccupied so I guess I might be making a huge obvious mistake instead. Only one way to find out.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 19, 2022, 11:43:11 am »

That's okay Max. Jim gets his wish.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 19, 2022, 11:43:30 am »

Jim Groovester

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 19, 2022, 11:54:27 am »

I guess I’ll replace Max. I do not require an extension.

Edit: bearing in mind also I have a 6 week old child to look after.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 11:59:07 am by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 19, 2022, 01:23:32 pm »

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH BABY

JIM GROOVESTER

Okay, due to an actual emergency, I probably need to replace out. Sorry. I'm still town and therefore whoever replaces me is town.

Whatever it is I hope it ends up being fine.

actual reads

Eyyyy, nice.

@Jim: It's actually harder to name a recent game where Toony doesn't do this as scum. Temple Mafia is the most obvious example, but it is a common tactic he employs. I can link when I'm not pfp half asleep.
@Jim: Totem Mafia 3

Is this the same flavor of meta read given that in that game ToonyMan pulled that stunt an hour and a half before day end compared to this game where he's doing this almost a full day before the deadline? Also, the stakes are different since the game doesn't immediately end as a result of today's nomination.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 19, 2022, 01:28:57 pm »

Is this the same flavor of meta read given that in that game ToonyMan pulled that stunt an hour and a half before day end compared to this game where he's doing this almost a full day before the deadline? Also, the stakes are different since the game doesn't immediately end as a result of today's nomination.
You asked for a game where he tries to steer the vote near the end of the Day as scum and I gave you one. Would you like to move the goalposts further? Cool. Give me the end points so that we can work with that.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 19, 2022, 01:50:03 pm »

You asked for a game where he tries to steer the vote near the end of the Day as scum and I gave you one. Would you like to move the goalposts further? Cool. Give me the end points so that we can work with that.

I was interested in your read and wanted to verify that it was accurate, asshole.

But I also originally directed this at Roden and want to hear from him about it as well.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 19, 2022, 04:08:49 pm »

Toony's doing that scum thing again where he scrambles to change the status quo near the end of the day phase so that people panic and change up their vote without thinking it through.

Toony why did you wait until now to scum read me? Your reads in general seemed to line up with what other people were thinking, but now have taken a sharp turn with little explanation for it.

I'm wondering at this point if you want Knightwing nominated just because you know he's unlikely to amass votes in the election. If a Cabal member gets nominated, that's one less person to have to compete with for votes on Day 4.
I disagree with your nomination. Flabbergasted "WTFs" and "huhs??" don't count as a defense.

Explain to me how my reads have taken a sharp turn.
Nothing has changed between when you wanted to nominate me earlier and now, so that's either a lie or you're claiming Cabal at this point. It's also a massively blatant misrep to say I'm just being "flabbergasted", I made several points earlier disputing why Reina and Knightwing aren't good choices that you chose to ignore several times. There's nothing to defend because you claimed me and Jack were somehow scum together and refused to elaborate on it.

Your reads have taken a sharp turn because you went from supporting townies who can actually get elected to supporting townies who can't and a null slot that isn't posting. There isn't a consistent thought through-line with your reads and choices. You only went against me when you saw I had momentum and might actually get nominated, which suggests that you didn't think I actually would at first and panicked when you saw that I was becoming an obvtown slot that was actually active and posting.

I'm multitasking on a phone so I can't be as elaborate as I want, but I want to say something at least. Some of these are repeats because I wish to say them again.

1. Roden admitted to lurking on purpose and nobody called him scum for it (except Knightwing, which everyone ignored).
2. Jack wants Roden and Max elected, but doesn't want Max to be Emperor should a D4 pass, which is a strange strategy.
3. Jack claims they voted me on D2 to find my true nature, but they were harping how I was desperate for candidacy before D2 even started. And like NQT points out their accusations of me are erroneous if you actually read D2, I didn't push for my candidacy. I've shot down Jack's slander constantly this game.
4. Jack convinced Jim to vote himself on D1, which then Egan joined as well. NQT points out right after how suspicious this looks and it ruins Jim's candidacy chances. I think this was intentional. Egan hasn't been involved on D2, but Jack pulled a similar stunt on me D2. I think it's actually quite a smart strategy.

I feel that Reina's lack of presence on D2 has significantly hurt us. Also NQT as well, so I'm hopeful they can shed a light today.

I will try to be present in this thread as much as possible, at least on a phone anyway. I don't want there to be any misunderstandings.
1. Another blatant lie which I can see Jack proved in his own response to this post. I'll add that this is proven to not be a real concern because you didn't care when it happened and you instead showed support for me. Do you want to explain how this makes me a Cabal member?

2. What's strange about nominating your town reads and then choosing to elect the player you town read the most?

3. How is this a scum tell instead of a town tell? With the amount of times you manipulated Jack in past games, are you now implying that you don't understand how his mind and thought processes work?

4. It ruined Jim's chances so much that he became the leading nomination choice without a single bit of campaigning?

If you only scum read me for one thing that didn't concern you earlier in the game, then I think it's pretty clear that your read on me isn't real. You suddenly being unable to read Jack when that hasn't been an issue for you in a long time also isn't convincing.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 19, 2022, 04:21:41 pm »

I was interested in your read and wanted to verify that it was accurate, asshole.

But I also originally directed this at Roden and want to hear from him about it as well.
Web pretty much said it.Totem Mafia and Traitors in the Fortress are the most recent examples

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 19, 2022, 04:39:14 pm »

It was at that time that the chief of scribes burst into the nomination room, breathing heavily. As it turned out, due to a filing error, hector13 had been represented under an incorrect name. The mistake was quickly rectified.

hector13 has replaced for Maximum Spin.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 19, 2022, 05:25:04 pm »

It was at that time that the chief of scribes burst into the nomination room, breathing heavily. As it turned out, due to a filing error, hector13 had been represented under an incorrect name. The mistake was quickly rectified.

hector13 has replaced for Maximum Spin.

steps forward and brushes off his cloak, eyeing the scribe in disdain

Fackin’ right you are mate. Took your time, I’ve been waiting a bleedin’ age here.

PFP, incessantly, which makes mafia extra fun.

Eh. I guess I’m alright with Jim for today. There are worse people to support.

I’m going to finish reading through the thread to solidify reads. Might not get much done before the deadline, but yeah it doesn’t help that half the town have disappeared.

So, not sure if this a sensible question as it’s been a while since I played and this format is a little bananas, and we don’t know what powers the scum team have but:

Jack claimed to be able to give a vote to someone else. Who are you considering giving it to, and why?

As mentioned previously, I have a baby to look after, depending what happens between now and deadline I may not finish my read through, but the weekend is coming up so that helps give me some extra time for D3.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 19, 2022, 05:40:00 pm »

Also I apparently don’t think webadict and Toony are on the same team.

Unfortunately from my not-really-paying-attention following when I wasn’t actually playing, I couldn’t determine what team either was on.

Scumread webadict for his 4/10 fakeclaim, but he ‘fessed up on it with more or less reasonable justification. Whether or not that justification is because he has a power for emperor votes is not going to be determined.

That’s about as far as that went.

Currently on page 8, default ppp.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 19, 2022, 05:56:10 pm »

absent-minded thought processing that needs to be written down somewhere so it’ll be here

Scum team is Roden, Jack, webadict? Possibly not making sense with webadict’s trade with Max for votes… but webadict has been pushing Roden since early D1… would he bookend the scum team like that, and all but out them in the next sentence? Ballsy, so probably.

Who is Toony in a team with? reina and a +1? Probably knightwing.

Jack has been pushing all my “this person is not town” buttons all game. Very focused on Toony as scum despite the object of the game to find and vote town. Does it make sense that he’s on a scum team with webadict though? Has made many comments regarding the scum team being abandoned by the inactive players, venting in the thread? Would be teamed with egan in this case, but who else?

/absent-minded idea exploration

Should probably read the thread instead of this. Ah well, food for thought.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: May 19, 2022, 06:13:14 pm »

Jim, Jack, and Egan! Sounds like a shite sitcom.

Jack was very eager out the gate to poo-poo NQT in favour of Jim, despite arguing (correctly) the only people to be sure of in the early game is yourself.

I haven’t played with Jack before though, and I am of the opinion quick opinion forming is not necessarily something we do round here (I love it though.) so can someone who has played with him before fill me in a bit on his early game meta?

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 38