Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 38

Author Topic: Jade Court - Game Over - All's Well That Ends Well  (Read 36764 times)

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Jade Court - Nomination Day 2 - United Or Divided?
« Reply #420 on: May 18, 2022, 04:03:24 am »

Hey, don't work yourself up over it. I'm intrigued.
At least someone is! :P

Okay, here's the story.
I like to think I'm a pretty perceptive guy. Sure, I've made some mistakes, but on balance, more of my mistakes come from not trusting my gut than from trusting it. So I like to think I'm a pretty perceptive guy, and I think I've come to know Egan fairly well.
We don't have much in common in terms of... general life outlook, but he seems a decent fellow, and I hate to kill him. The most relevant thing to know about Egan, and this isn't flattering, but I've got to be blunt: he's kind of a sore loser.
Well, "sore" might not be the right word. He doesn't necessarily get angry, but when he decides he's not having fun anymore, such as because things aren't going his way, he pretty much tends to disengage immediately and (I assume) finds something else to do. Or maybe sits and stares at the wall, I dunno, I'm not his keeper.

Second most relevantly, Egan seems to love messing with people. (This is one of the few things we have in common.) If Egan were Onyx, and notquitethere were Onyx and made it to the first nomination with a unanimous vote, he'd be here loving every minute of it. If Egan is Onyx, he got bored and left because he sees no possible path to victory.

Therefore, if you believe Egan is Onyx, then we can all agree, right here and now, to skip to the end and declare notquitethere the Emperor. With Egan not paying attention, the only other person who should have any business opposing it is the third scum partner. Therefore, there's no reason to play out the rest of the days; we might as well call it here and force Fallacy to go along with it.

But, sadly, I don't think Egan is Onyx. (Which doesn't mean notquitethere isn't Jade - that would be denying the antecedent.) I think Egan probably disengaged for a reason I can hardly disagree with since I've been feeling much the same way: that he is actually Jade, but was scapegoated early on by the Dream Team and now sees no point trying to convince anyone of anything.

Here's an extra exercise. When ToonyMan and webadict don't fight, it is written, that means one or the other of them is scum. What does it mean when they only play-fight while seemingly agreeing on everything important?

But also screw you for playing like you're too cool for school all the time and then expecting everybody to hang at your every word at the drop of a hat when you actually do want to give a crap.

Especially when it's the middle of the night.
Wow, I was only kidding around. I just wanted some reactions to gauge.
Ok Max is town. I agree a lot with this general thought process, though I'm not so sure about Egan being town. Regardless, I don't want Egan to feel left out, it isn't fun to get shut down.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 18, 2022, 04:10:24 am »

I think it's weird that Toony and Web both town read me, but prefer other nominations and aren't really arguing with each other. I think it's weirder that Toony started pushing more for a Reina nomination after Web switched from her and voted me, and that Toony wants Knightwing nominated at all. I think Knightwing is town, but I don't think he ever beats NQT in an election without a Town result from a Cop, and even that isn't entirely certain.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 18, 2022, 05:29:02 am »

Huh. Web probably is town then, I guess.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 18, 2022, 06:20:29 am »

I think it's weird that Toony and Web both town read me, but prefer other nominations and aren't really arguing with each other. I think it's weirder that Toony started pushing more for a Reina nomination after Web switched from her and voted me, and that Toony wants Knightwing nominated at all. I think Knightwing is town, but I don't think he ever beats NQT in an election without a Town result from a Cop, and even that isn't entirely certain.
Sadly, or maybe not sadly, idk, I am regular Jade. I swapped to you because reina wasn't posting and Jim asked me to swap, so it's not a big deal to me to vote you. It also gave Jim some Town points, so whatevs.

The reason I don't want Knightwing is precisely that: Even if Knightwing is Town, it becomes a two-person race. If I get you on the council, I can be pretty sure you’ll be an excellent vote for emperor. Technically, if you are sure Max is Town..., then I am willing to trust Max here. I will shift my D3 nomination to Max (though I am unlikely to vote for him as emperor if you are a vote.)

If you want to know, that's precisely why I lied about being in a Sect. I understand that my being nominated turns the election into a two-person race, and not in a good way, so I have to rely on other people being able to be read better than me. Also, I'm trying to be a bit more malleable in my reading process, so it's a good challenge. If anyone thinks that's scummy, eh, whatever, don't vote for me then. But, if you think I am Town, ALSO don't vote for me. I am not going to be selected, and I will dilute the pool, and the chance of NQT and the other person being Onyx is nonzero (though, admittedly, pretty low), which basically fucks Town.

Also, my flavortext is fitting for someone that doesn't want to be nominated, so it fits for me to not want to be nominated RP wise. I am still in mourning, to be nominated or elected would be to trample upon the emperor's good name. So, I will be a good elector, and find the best emperor to replace him.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 18, 2022, 06:55:29 am »

@Web:
That explains my confusion, since I could only see you in a Sect with Roden.

@Max:
You think I'm playfighting with Web? Oh, is that because we mutually townread each other but don't appear to get along? I can understand that mentality.

I think you're wrong about Egan though, and would gladly take your bet to just Emperor NQT right on the spot now.

@Roden:
I definitely don't agree with some of Web's views.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 18, 2022, 07:06:27 am »

I think it's weirder that Toony started pushing more for a Reina nomination after Web switched from her and voted me, and that Toony wants Knightwing nominated at all.
I seem to recall voting for myself after three players showed me support, during Reina"s absence and continued absence.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 18, 2022, 08:48:42 am »

Toony, do you think you'd be better as an elector than a candidate?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 18, 2022, 09:07:49 am »

Toony, do you think you'd be better as an elector than a candidate?
Depends how many people trust me. Unlike Jack and Max I have no powers to contribute on a potential D4. If not enough people trust me then I can prove my worth through my own skills. If a Day 4 doesn't occur then it's no skin off my back, but I would like to know from the Onyx Cabal what went wrong for them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 18, 2022, 09:14:57 am »

If not enough people trust me then I can prove my worth through my own skills.
What I mean by this is that if people don't think I'm town enough for the council I can at least do my best to pick an Emperor should a D4 occur.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 18, 2022, 12:23:30 pm »

would gladly take your bet to just Emperor NQT right on the spot now.
I wouldn't call it a bet, but, all right, anyone else willing to go for it?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 18, 2022, 01:06:46 pm »

Nah, I'd rather bet on Roden. You can call me scum for that if you want.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 18, 2022, 01:13:04 pm »

Nah, I'd rather bet on Roden. You can call me scum for that if you want.
Why are you that confident in Roden?

Does it have something to do with this post? I thought you two were in a sect because of it, which has now been revealed to be a fib.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 18, 2022, 02:43:20 pm »

We could always just nominate me and declare me emperor as the compromise candidate.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: May 18, 2022, 03:05:43 pm »

We could always just nominate me and declare me emperor as the compromise candidate.
Shoot, what a tempting offer.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: May 18, 2022, 03:18:41 pm »

How can we oppose the late Emperor's nephew?
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 38