Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: Traitors in the Fortress: Presidential Executions: Traitors Win!  (Read 14784 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Traitors in the Fortress: Day 1 - The First Arguments
« Reply #105 on: May 03, 2022, 10:27:04 pm »

But then again, maybe it is Maximum Spin.

Hey Max, what have you contributed? Why are you NOT the King?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 03, 2022, 10:34:27 pm »

Unofficial Vote Count (And I am truly sorry for all the vote switching  :'( )

EuchreJack - 1 - Roden
Roden - 1 -
Jim Groovester - 2 - Webadict, , Knightwing64,
Knightwing64 - 3 - Maximum Spin, ToonyMan, Jim Groovester,
Maximum Spin - 1 - EuchreJack
ToonyMan - 0 -
webadict - 0 -

Not Voting - 0 - , Nobody, congrats players!

Two highest votes will be Lynched.
Day ends on May 4, 2022 at 1:00 PM, GMT-5

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2022, 10:36:59 pm »

Nobody's voting Roden, that (1) was left over from the official vote count before allocating the voters.  Sorry.

@Roden: I suspect YOU because you have not posted much, which is your SCUM TELL.  If you POST, I am likely to think you are TOWN.please play with us.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 03, 2022, 10:58:31 pm »

I'm trying to help the Town, and I'd prefer that you help do that. I do not mind if you'd like to pick the secondary vote. I think that's actually a completely workable idea, if you honestly believe that Knightwing is at the very least a Traitor. I'd prefer that you vote for someone that you think is the King, though, since this is the best chance to do that.

I'm still fine with voting Knightwing. I just do not believe that Knightwing is the King. I think that you are a very likely candidate because I feel that you are at the very least a Traitor, and at the worst, the King. If anything, I think Knightwing accidentally spilled Town, but that's personal preference at this point. If you take that as me protecting him, then that's silly.

Which of Knightwing64's five of posts made you think he spilled town?

I'm not voting Knightwing64 for anything he did but because of the reactions others, particularly you and EuchreJack, have towards him being a lynch candidate. Even in this snippet here you're still asking me to vote somebody else than Knightwing64.

Do you think that what I'm doing is anti-Town? Or, do you believe that I do not have the Town's best interests in mind? If you do, feel free to say it so that I may help correct that impression.

I guess... Part of why I think it's you is intuition, which is a bad reason, for sure. Part of it is that ToonyMan called you the king. The second is that Roden jumped onto your initial vote. If you were the King, you'd be able to vote anyone and be able to signal your Guards who they were. That's actually why I immediately jumped onto your EuchreJack vote. I mean, EuchreJack didn't particularly strike me as Town at that point, but he wasn't particularly scummy either. I figured that if there was a bandwagon starting, if I jumped onto it, I'd look like a Traitor to the King, so the King might trust me, as it felt likely it was a King or Traitor start.

A lot of that is circumstantial, but it feels correct, and if it's not, I feel like we can work that out shortly.

I'm not exceptionally interested in your reasons for thinking I am the King but I only wanted to dispute your assertions in your previous post that I called bullshit on that I was disinterested in solving the game or that I wasn't pushy.

But, I'd be interested in why you don't think it's Max, Roden, or ToonyMan, since they're a bit content to let you be voted out if you're not a Traitor.

Maximum Spin makes sensible posts. Roden could stand to post some more. I forget what my issue with ToonyMan was. I thought I'd remember after rereading the game but I did that and can't remember. I recognize I will get dinged for admitting this.

Max, Roden, and ToonyMan seem interested in finding the King and killing them and don't seem interested in the survival of any particular player. This matches the attitude I feel a Rebel should have.

EuchreJack cannot be a Traitor from my perspective because he's willing to change his vote as needed. He's... a bit too eager to follow me, but I'm Town, and I don't think he's a Traitor, so I'm gonna let it slide for the entire game.

I feel like he wants Knightwing64 to survive. Do you agree or disagree?

Okay, I'll copy Jack then.

Who do I vote for Webadict? Who's the King if it's not Jim?

Also this.

Tell me, webadict, which two players in the game have the highest likelihood of being the King?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 03, 2022, 11:03:57 pm »

Also I'm perfectly happy with being lynched today if a Traitor is also lynched today (an attitude that the King cannot have) because that would provide a tremendous amount of information for Day 2. Absolutely worth it.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 03, 2022, 11:08:57 pm »

Also I'm perfectly happy with being lynched today if a Traitor is also lynched today (an attitude that the King cannot have) because that would provide a tremendous amount of information for Day 2. Absolutely worth it.

You seem to forget that it is entirely possible for two town players to get lynched.
Any hesitancy on my part to lynch Knightwing is due to my honest belief he is one (1) of the only four (4) town players.

You and Toonyman don't seem to care that the game might be lost immediately after the Day 1 vote.  Which makes you both highly suspicious.

I will admit, the odds of Jim being the king are less since it appears Jim is in fact going to be lynched.

But let's watch to see if anyone tries to unwedge Jim from being lynched.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 03, 2022, 11:13:29 pm »

Max, Roden, and ToonyMan seem interested in finding the King and killing them and don't seem interested in the survival of any particular player. This matches the attitude I feel a Rebel should have.

Also, what is this populist crap?
You're clearly pandering to Max, Roden, and ToonyMan to get them NOT to lynch you.

Fuck this shit
Voting Jim Groovester, even though I was hoping to investigate more people before end of day.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 03, 2022, 11:14:06 pm »

Jim the asshole is Jim the scumbucket.  Jim the idiot is Jim the townie.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 03, 2022, 11:15:18 pm »

If I'm King, I'd like to think my team would be clever enough to keep off the bandwagon I started. In other words, if I'm King, you and webadict are my most likely guards. Therefore, if you wish to insure against this possibility, feel free to vote for yourself.

What about Knightwing's play makes you believe he is town? Be specific.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 03, 2022, 11:16:03 pm »

So obviously the plan here is to figure out which two players don't want to vote their King.

The King will have as much knowledge as the Rebels so they'll have an easier time blending in than the Guards, but it should still be deducible.

With 7 players and THREE MAFIA that means we can't mislynch a single time or the traitors win. On the other hand there's a lot of mafia to hit and if we hit the King we just win on the spot. Also the Guards could very easily vote each other without knowing and commit some friendly fire. Same for the King voting their own Guards. Don't think I've ever seen that come up before but who can say.

@ToonyMan: Why are you NOT following your plan as laid out at the beginning of the game?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 03, 2022, 11:17:51 pm »

If I'm King, I'd like to think my team would be clever enough to keep off the bandwagon I started. In other words, if I'm King, you and webadict are my most likely guards. Therefore, if you wish to insure against this possibility, feel free to vote for yourself.

What about Knightwing's play makes you believe he is town? Be specific.

What about Knightwing's play makes you believe he is scum? Be specific.
Frankly, Knightwing just lurks in all games I've seen him in.  I don't see how this one is different.  But I'm happy to review his posts.  I frankly don't care he's getting lynched other than I think he's town and those are in much too short supply.  I sorta hate this game...

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 03, 2022, 11:19:05 pm »

Also I feel that getting one scum lynch regardless of whether they're the King or a Traitor is such a positive outcome that town players don't need to be all that concerned about focusing on lynching the King.

Contrast that with your (webadict's) attempts to get me to vote somebody other than Knightwing64 by trying to convince me he might only be a Traitor.

You seem to forget that it is entirely possible for two town players to get lynched.
Any hesitancy on my part to lynch Knightwing is due to my honest belief he is one (1) of the only four (4) town players.

You and Toonyman don't seem to care that the game might be lost immediately after the Day 1 vote.  Which makes you both highly suspicious.

I will admit, the odds of Jim being the king are less since it appears Jim is in fact going to be lynched.

But let's watch to see if anyone tries to unwedge Jim from being lynched.

Fuck, man, I might lose a game of mafia? Haven't done that enough recently. Better spend the entire game worrying about everything in that case.

Yeah lynching two town players is a risk but it's a risk already we already have to work around.

Also, what is this populist crap?
You're clearly pandering to Max, Roden, and ToonyMan to get them NOT to lynch you.

Fuck this shit
Voting Jim Groovester, even though I was hoping to investigate more people before end of day.

lmao alright Jack

that's exactly what I was going for yep yep yep

You know Jack you shouldn't vote me because while I might have expressed the opposite multiple times I actually think you're the most intelligent (and handsome) player on this board.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 03, 2022, 11:22:16 pm »

What about Knightwing's play makes you believe he is scum? Be specific.
Will do. Scum knightwing lurks, but tries to create the illusion of activity through jokey nervous-sounding one-liners and shitposts which don't contribute anything. It's been a pretty dead giveaway so far.

You know Jack you shouldn't vote me because while I might have expressed the opposite multiple times I actually think you're the most intelligent (and handsome) player on this board.
Rude.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 03, 2022, 11:26:05 pm »

I'd be more down to vote Roden if he were more active, but... eh? I'm not willing to throw down on him just yet because that would involve me reading a lot more Town than I'm currently doing.

I'd say that the lack of change in votes here makes the likely Traitor team to be Jim Groovester/ToonyMan/Maximum Spin, with one of Jim Groovester or ToonyMan as the King. Maximum Spin could substitute for Roden. Since I'm unsure of Max vs Roden, I'd be more down for Jim or Toony, but... I'm... pretty sure Jim is the King.

Ninja edit:
Which of Knightwing's posts? This one.

Seems silly, but that feels genuine that he definitely doesn't believe he's the King. Now... It's also a poor defense as a Traitor, so it feels like he's probably Town. I'd say as a Traitor, he'd probably go more mysterious, but here he's not. But, this only works as a defense that he's not the King. If you think he's a Traitor, it's basically trash.

Not only that, but if you think EuchreJack and I are both Town, as I do, then 3 people are willing to vote him, so that's including at least one Traitor, so it's basically more evidence he's not the King.

Re: Not being pushy: I'm still not seeing you try to solve the game. Not being pushy is, ironically, not what I care about. You being pushy is how I'm used to you trying to solve the game, but you don't need to do that.

Re: Suspicions: You're not understanding why this matters. The thing is, if you're not a Traitor, then you must be 100% sure that Knightwing is a Traitor or Town loses.

Re: Knightwing: The above is why I'll suggest another player instead. Knightwing is less likely to be a Traitor if I don't believe them to be the King, which makes everyone else I'm suspicious of more like to be the King or a Traitor.

Re: EuchreJack: I'm actually not sure I'd agree with your assessment of EuchreJack, because I'd say that Jack was willing to vote Knightwing before learning more. Sure, you could say that's a lie, but... His logic is actually pretty sound, especially considering that 3 people have remained on Knightwing for a long time without shifting, and since I know I'm Town, this means I have to believe that Knightwing is King and Roden and EuchreJack are the Traitors, which is just... baffling to me for so many reasons. It's just not a viable game state.

Re: Two Players: You and ToonyMan.

Ninja (x9):
Wtf, guys, let me post.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 03, 2022, 11:27:25 pm »

As for Knightwing, here are the posts:

I am not a traitor, no sireee. I am a normal, law abiding dworf who loves killing puny long ears.

Dang. Why are we voting jack?

I don’t think u can be a double voter

I was at schollllllllll.

What can I do to convince you guys that I’m not the king? I really don’t want to y’all to waste a vote.

Fine, maybe I will vote you Jim, if you want it to be that way.

Jim Groovester

Dunno, something he said just rubbed me the wrong way

I think the expression is Luckyowl'd.  This clueless banter sounds like town!knightwing.  As the webadict, Knightwing had more of a clue as to what was going on.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15