Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 69

Author Topic: Twitter is Dead, Long Live X!  (Read 61397 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: I deleted twitter and you should too
« Reply #630 on: May 15, 2023, 04:43:00 pm »

As wealthy person of influence tweeting at time of USA polarization and becoming more right leaning with time, he is also became very unpopular. Probably roughly half the country's hates him with passion and participating in the usual pejorative circle jerk any time his names come up, unable to see anything beside their politics.

Ironically you could turn this statement around, and say that perhaps his politics have made him inexplicably popular with some crowd who are unable to see anything besides their politics, perhaps blinding them to the point where they think factual inaccuracies like him founding tesla is true?
Such a false dichotomy would work better if we weren't on page 42 of a thread devoted to political inspired mass hysteria about Musk tacking over Twitter, with last two pages people doing their best to nitpick as to why Musk is bad, which pretty much the usual absurd koolaid anytime his name is brought up.

p.s. I certainly love SpaceX but say I like Musk or this is about USA politics for me would be factual inaccuracies.

This last page has been specifically people telling you don't know what you're talking about. No politics required, but maybe stop giving head to Musk for things he didn't actually do. Buying something doesn't make you a founder, it makes you an owner.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: May 15, 2023, 04:46:05 pm »

I dont even particularily like SpaceX. To me its an obvious attempt to privatize what used to be a state business. Same as when in Europe they "outsource" public healthcare to the private sector really. Since in the US there's no such animal they "outsourced" space tech instead.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: May 15, 2023, 05:00:14 pm »

I am impressed by the monopoly that SpaceX has created. That is money in the bank. Musk deserves credit for giving good blowjobs to Presidents to let them keep it. He should've gotten Trust Busted years ago.

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: May 15, 2023, 05:35:56 pm »

Pretty wild, you'd think that with 42 pages of mass hysteria to refute you'd wouldn't resort to saying things that aren't true to make your point.
I recommend you double check about that, but even if you believe that to be true, so?

He is the founder of two industry shaping companies, SpaceX and Tesla, which is already more than virtually anyone.

Terrible I know.. lets join the crowd of dear Musk how do I hate thee..

« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 05:37:42 pm by jipehog »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: May 15, 2023, 05:41:39 pm »

Is it hysterical to say Musk would make Twitter worse when he’s actually made Twitter worse?

I think this was at the end of a page so easy to miss.

Is it hysterical when what people were worried about has manifested itself?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: May 16, 2023, 02:32:58 am »

I don't know why anyone cares about DoucheBag Sucks, it's not like he cares about you...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: May 16, 2023, 02:45:19 am »

FWIW for the use I get from twitter (following scientific threads, esp during congresses) the usefulness has not substantially decreased, and it cant really be replaced by mastodon or other alternatives. I dont know to what extent other people's user experience might have deteriorated though
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: May 16, 2023, 02:56:40 am »

Yeah for the non-political parts of it it's still alright I suppose.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: May 16, 2023, 03:49:48 am »

Where's this mass hysteria that he's talking about I've been here this entire time and I haven't seen a bit of it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #639 on: May 16, 2023, 04:29:35 am »

Elon Musk says he’s found a woman to lead Twitter as new CEO
He did not name her but said she will be starting in about six weeks.

It is hillarious, actually. First thing she did was to announce she'll reinstate strict content moderation so ad corpos could "get excited about investing", among other blurbs about twitter needing representations. Musk fans are setting themselves ablaze.

The ring is about to close on that absolute circus.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #640 on: May 16, 2023, 05:30:08 am »

Ah yes. Someone with inherited wealth who used that wealth to buy things other people already did must surely be a genius. I'd rather focus on politics than suck the dicks of the wealthy for their good fortune.
This is probably the thing I hate most about capitalism. It creates a world where the only value a person has is their capacity to own things. Not talent, genius, hard work, love, dignity, courage or any other more worthy virtue. Just... Owning things. It makes for a dreary world

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: May 16, 2023, 06:28:59 am »

Ah yes. Someone with inherited wealth who used that wealth to buy things other people already did must surely be a genius. I'd rather focus on politics than suck the dicks of the wealthy for their good fortune.
This is probably the thing I hate most about capitalism. It creates a world where the only value a person has is their capacity to own things. Not talent, genius, hard work, love, dignity, courage or any other more worthy virtue. Just... Owning things. It makes for a dreary world

It is implied that owning things is the result of having virtues. The problem is that there are routes like inheritance or criminal, harmful activities that also bring ownership.

But what is an alternative? Society in which having virtues brings no rewards?
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #642 on: May 16, 2023, 06:37:04 am »

It is implied that owning things is the result of having virtues. The problem is that there are routes like inheritance or criminal, harmful activities that also bring ownership.

But what is an alternative? Society in which having virtues brings no rewards?
Currently society already chooses not to reward virtues, only ownership. Ownership lets you extract profits from worker labour, from rents, from speculation, from access to cheap credit, insurance, reward schemes and if you get big enough, subsidies and bailouts. The alternative would be one simply where capital is awarded efficiently, e.g. the old system where money was loaned to businesses and not just loaned to the already superwealthy

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: May 16, 2023, 07:14:11 am »

Traditional Nahua theocracy is the best form of goverment. It is known.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #644 on: May 16, 2023, 09:02:17 am »

Traditional Nahua theocracy is the best form of goverment. It is known.
Agnostic conspiracy is the best form of government. The system of government wherein the people presume the government exists but do not have any evidence to suggest the government exists (though it does exist in secret)
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 69