Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 75

Author Topic: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Game Over: Town Win  (Read 53783 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Day 4: Maximum Sin [5 / 9 Alive]
« Reply #990 on: April 06, 2022, 08:05:05 am »

I also protected Max, but for some reason a bunch of servants got in the way and I lost sight of him. (fluff-wise).

So my action just ended up failing. As it didn't say I succeeded, Max died do to someone bypassing my protection. (and rodens?) Only person who could do that is Toony as far as I know. Or NQT has something.

That said, 4mask is a likely link. But more likely Toony is scum at this point in my eyes.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: April 06, 2022, 08:20:35 am »

Thank you Tric.

So both Roden and Tric protected Max, as expected.

Now, I wonder which players I targeted?

In any case, I can confirm that mafia have a oneshot called Superkill that bypasses redirections and protections. I wonder how I could possibly know this. They appear to have unfortunately held onto it until last night.

This is good info though, as it means mafia were given a way to deal with protections, in other words MY ROLE MY ROLE MY ROLE Tric is almost certainly town from that fact alone. It might actually come down to him for lylo which is really annoying because he'll need to believe I'm not a godfather in a game with already two miller, but anyway.

I feel like Roden is genuine here, or at the very least not mafia with NQT.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: April 06, 2022, 08:27:13 am »

How very convenient Toony. That Mafia would have something that makes the protective abilities completely useless.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: April 06, 2022, 08:33:34 am »

I will full claim now since it's lylo. I recommend NQT does the same.

I am Yami Yugi as well as Yugi Moto.

My auto is Millennium Transformation that let's me switch between roles to perform two actions at night.

Yami Yugi has:
Mind Crush - remove autos
Duel - steal ability
Shuffle - refill oneshot

Yugi Moto has:
Heart of the Cards - copy one player ability onto another
Horn of the Unicorn - prevent roleblocks
Magical Hats - bus drive

I also hold Celestial Gauntlets.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: April 06, 2022, 09:18:43 am »

Keep in mind Tric that me and Roden can't be mafia together as we had all the time in the world to hammer you yesterday for game. I would have to be mafia with 4mask or NQT, and I'm very willing to vote either, though I prefer 4mask as I just don't see Roden with NQT.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: April 06, 2022, 09:39:27 am »

... You do know Roden is town-read by me right? Why in the world would I think that?

Also, I note you didn't ask what 4mask did last night. Theoretically he should have given someone an item. But so far no one has claimed that.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: April 06, 2022, 09:48:47 am »

Am I suppose to ask 4mask if he brushed his teeth this morning? I'm starting to forget 4mask exists except that I've wanted them dead the entire game and tried to shoot them on N2.

This pretty much confirms he gave the vote ability to Jim for brownie points though. It frustratingly made Jim unwilling to vote 4mask.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: April 06, 2022, 09:51:02 am »

How in the world did you shoot someone though? None of your abilities does that.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: April 06, 2022, 09:53:29 am »

Tric, you can't be mafia unless it's exactly with Roden. But then that means every doctor in this game is mafia and mafia have kills that go through protection for no reason. It's so unlikely it only bolsters my reads of Roden and Tric in the first place.

How in the world did you shoot someone though? None of your abilities does that.
I copied Roden on N2. I strongly believe they tried to shoot NQT, which also failed FOR SOME REASON.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: April 06, 2022, 10:18:14 am »

It says copy ability. That only really works...
You know, for all that I'm pretty sure you aren't giving all the info. If you are 2, then what is to say you don't have 2 actions per night?

Heart of the Cards - copy one player ability onto another
This says nothing about using the ability you copied. So you would have had to use it Night 1 on Roden. In which case, there was no bussing, you used Mind Crush. On night 2 you stole something from 4mask, but I don't actually believe that, I think you were gifted it.

Wait, no, reset.

--------
N1 you used your Duel/Bus, targeting Roden with the first and... Been a while since day 1.
N2 you used your stolen abil

... That doesn't work either unless you literally misaligned them on purpose. So, N1 you used Heart of the Cards to copy an ability. Say Roden. (I have my doubts on this actually working on you.) N2 you used it to shoot someone while Mafia also did the kill. However something went wrong. (NQT holds that piece I think. Or the dead Jim)
N3 you used the Celestia Gauntlets to bypass our doctoring to kill Max, so that he wouldn't reveal the truth. Yugi is innocent, Yami isn't. You can hide your own alignment like in the duel with Pegasus. If Max saw your role, or your alignnment, it makes sense that Max had to die before you could pull this reveal, there isn't anyone capable of disproving you mechanically anymore.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: April 06, 2022, 10:21:50 am »

If this doesn't really make sense, it's cause I'm not awake yet. But the Celestial Gauntlets are the only known item to bypass everything. We didn't get redirected.

{P9} (Night) Phase II Personality Test [target]: You give the target a longer test. You learn the target’s alignment. You can use this as a free Action on a target that was previously targeted with Standard Assessment.
{P-1} (1-Shot, Night, Free) Validity: Your Phase II Personality Test is not affected by other Abilities. This is a free Action.
Why does this exist? We have 3 millers who are all town. So why wouldn't mafia have 1 town who is actually mafia?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: April 06, 2022, 10:31:43 am »

I used Mind Crush and Magical Hats on D1.
I used Duel and Heart of the Cards on D2.
I used Shuffle and Horn of the Unicorn on D3.

I haven't used these Celestial Gauntlets, but I know mafia used Superkill last night.

I have no argument against being a godfather beyond the fact town have two confirmed millers. I strongly urge conferring with Roden about this game if you don't trust me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: April 06, 2022, 10:44:44 am »

I can use two abilities, one from each set, each night. I've made this clear constantly so there's no excuse. I've warned constantly that players aren't cleared just because they did one action because I've been doing two every night.

Heart of the Cards copies target1's ability onto target2.

I'll restate what I did N1 and N2:

N1:
Mind Crush Jim, this presumably hit Tric because Jim -> 4mask -> Tric
Magical Hats 4mask and Tric

N2:
Duel Jim, got Celestial Gauntlets from 4mask
Heart of the Cards Roden and 4mask, didn't get any results back but was successful

N3:
Shuffle someone
Horn of the Unicorn someone

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: April 06, 2022, 11:10:21 am »

Strange no one has come forth on the Shuffling someone. And you shouldn't have to be cagey about who you protected from being roleblocked. Given they died.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: April 06, 2022, 11:47:49 am »

I don't trust NQT so this is a test depending on how they're deciding to play today.

They'll need to argue the mafia is Roden/Tric which I'll fight, or Toony/Tric which I'll fight. They could also include 4mask as a bus option which would be funny.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 75